Game Discussion: Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 Forum

Next Boss Hunt

AuthorMessage
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 05 September 19 at 19:38
I had to sign in as my wife's account to see the calendar, so it seems broken per account.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Lefty24
Lefty24
Posted on 07 September 19 at 11:21
When you guys say we need characters at level 10/ maxed out, does that mean just level 10 or promoted (prestiged) to level 10?
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 07 September 19 at 14:45
Lefty24 said:
When you guys say we need characters at level 10/ maxed out, does that mean just level 10 or promoted (prestiged) to level 10?
Promoted to max level. You will see the word max. IIRC it is after promoting a character 5 times. People always say max characters because you generally get the better perks/abilities for your character at the higher levels.
iiAssassinXxii
Posted on 08 September 19 at 09:11
Gonna be fuming if they cancel the boss hunt like they did around April/May ish time
Going for gamerscore. iiAssassinXxii
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 08 September 19 at 13:07
iiAssassinXxii said:
Gonna be fuming if they cancel the boss hunt like they did around April/May ish time
I think most of us are already expecting it not to be boss hunt since the in game calendar doesn't have it listed
iiAssassinXxii
Posted on 08 September 19 at 16:28
Seitzz said:
iiAssassinXxii said:
I think most of us are already expecting it not to be boss hunt since the in game calendar doesn't have it listed
It doesn't seem like it would be too hard for them to just add it to a regular rotation or even perm unlocked seeing as the new game is out now.
Going for gamerscore. iiAssassinXxii
LiquidAg
LiquidAg
Posted on 09 September 19 at 17:01
iiAssassinXxii said:
Seitzz said:
iiAssassinXxii said:
It doesn't seem like it would be too hard for them to just add it to a regular rotation or even perm unlocked seeing as the new game is out now.
Agreed, but for some reason, they don't do it.
"I have a bad feeling about this..."
Luuc
Luuc
Posted on 11 September 19 at 11:06
UPDATE as of 11-9-2019:
The website has been updated, not in a good way.....:
http://www.pvzgw2.com/events-calendar

The website calendar was originally showing:
EVENTS CALENDAR: Boss Hunt
SEPT 24, 2019 - SEPT 30, 2019

It's replaced by the following:
Community Challenge

They also updated the calendar till OCT 3, 2019 - OCT 7, 2019.
OCT 1, 2019 - OCT 7, 2019 = Cats vs Dinos.

Result = NO BOSS HUNT, screw these devs.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 11 September 19 at 11:12
So they've fixed the calendar to correlate with the real one? That's good news for me, as it stops me having to explain to everyone that the online one is wrong laugh

On the second note, another cats vs Dino's? Not complaining, that'll be good for some people, but we should have had a Boss hunt in-between cry
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Tatersoup19
Tatersoup19
Posted on 11 September 19 at 11:31
Luuc said:
UPDATE as of 11-9-2019:
The website has been updated, not in a good way.....:
http://www.pvzgw2.com/events-calendar

The website calendar was originally showing:
EVENTS CALENDAR: Boss Hunt

It's replaced by the following:
Community Challenge

Result = NO BOSS HUNT, screw these devs.
Was just coming over here to post the same thing. Knew it was too good to be true.
DraKe Ares
DraKe Ares
Posted on 11 September 19 at 12:46
it is shameful, and since March we are waiting for a boss hunt, but nothing to do, this thing totally ruined my judgment towards this game
DraKe Ares
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 11 September 19 at 12:49
Lame, so Cats vs Dinos will have run twice without one Boss Hunt. roll

I wonder if they're not running Boss Hunt because (from my understanding) it's basically unwinnable when played with randoms, so they take the easy route and just run the same basic events instead to please the masses.
Posting from sunny Australia.
Luuc
Luuc
Posted on 11 September 19 at 13:03, Edited on 11 September 19 at 13:03 by Luuc
We should start making file complaints against them via the BBB (Better Business Bureau):
Publisher: EA
Developer: PopCap Games

Why file complaining?:
They are giving us false information regarding the calendar on their website for the last 9 (?) months?
They initially posted on their website that a Boss Hunt event would happen, and the event never happened or they just changed the event description!
This happened at least twice this year, giving the community false hopes. Just check at the moment, there is over 50 (!) planned gaming sessions for the Boss Hunt event, all these sessions are useless now...)

Link: https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get...

Why via BBB?:
We did the exact same thing as TA community to get this achievement fixed: (This achievement was broken for nearly 15 months!!!, after all the file complaints they finally felt responsible for the issue and brought a fixing patch)
Mild Gonolini Call of Duty: Black Ops III Love And War Mild Gonolini's solution for the Love And War Achievement in Call of Duty: Black Ops IIIIn Gorod Krovi, the one must be freed.

Check all the comments in the solution for the exact details.

Because of the BBB complaints we threatened Activision/Treyarch and they fixed it.

When we do file complaints against EA/PopCap we should at least get an answer from them if future Boss Hunt events will happen or not, this will give us enough clarification.

At this point we just don't know if we ever get a new Boss Hunt which is very annoying.

Let's group up as TA community and start filling in those file complaints!
Vitiated1
Vitiated1
Posted on 11 September 19 at 13:22
Well said Luuc, complaint filed. I also posted a call to arms on the EA Answers forum where there's another thread regarding Boss Hunt which was ignored by EA. Reddit users should also post in the appropriate subreddit to get this some more steam.
LiquidAg
LiquidAg
Posted on 11 September 19 at 18:08
Luuc said:
Elyoh said:
...another cats vs Dino's? Not complaining, that'll be good for some people, but we should have had a Boss hunt in-between cry
I saw that CvD on the calendar. While it's not Boss Hunt, and I agree that we should've had one by now, at least they're running another rare mode that's required for achievements (as long as they don't cancel/replace it in a few weeks). I already have the achievements for CvD, but it gives me hope that they still might do a Boss Hunt at some point in the future.

I hope the BBB complaints make a difference!
"I have a bad feeling about this..."
Ian 1485
Ian 1485
Posted on 11 September 19 at 20:05
i think i need a step by step guide for the BBB complaints as got taken to another website from the link, and then it broke down as they couldn't find EA as a company(!)
Vitiated1
Vitiated1
Posted on 11 September 19 at 20:18
Ian 1485 said:
i think i need a step by step guide for the BBB complaints as got taken to another website from the link, and then it broke down as they couldn't find EA as a company(!)
The link worked for me. Also remember to search for Electronic Arts and not EA, since that's the name they registered the business under.
Ian 1485
Ian 1485
Posted on 11 September 19 at 20:28, Edited on 11 September 19 at 21:00 by Ian 1485
yep did that. also got their address as well. got to the end of the form and doesn't except UK post code.

check this out:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Again-no-boss-hun...

what a joke! angry
Vitiated1
Vitiated1
Posted on 11 September 19 at 21:04
Use a US code, it shouldn't be an issue if the complaint is still valid. I'm sure that's what Luuc did as well.

I like that response. "Yeah, we put the wrong thing on the calendar. We fixed the calendar issue but haven't addressed the fact that we haven't rotated in a promised event after almost a year".
Ian 1485
Ian 1485
Posted on 11 September 19 at 21:19
kind of half-arsed apology you would expect, or even not expect one.

I wonder if they have generally decided not to do Boss Hunt anymore, but for the life of them can't decide in how to tell us in general terms.

I also wonder what it generally takes for the mode to be active? a switch/extra bit of code/50p in the slot machine/2 shakes of a lamb's tail/all the stars to align?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.