Game Discussion: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Forum

Achievements glitched?

AuthorMessage
anthony2690
anthony2690
Posted on 26 March 19 at 23:00
Gyoubu Masataka Oniwa' (Secret)
Isn't unlocking for me, after beating the boss.
Honestly killed my initial excitement at finally beating him :(
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 26 March 19 at 23:42
Did you try hard resetting? Someone on my list had this happen with Lady Butterfly. It was just lag on the achievement app. A reset fixed it. Hope it does for you too.
A Floating Cat
Posted on 27 March 19 at 00:06
I have the same problem but for different achievements. One skill related one and an ending boss. I have the achievement for completing the ending but not for the boss and it seems to have only happened to me. Hard reset did not work for me.
anthony2690
anthony2690
Posted on 27 March 19 at 01:03
I'll try a hard reset now.
I'd be pretty annoyed if it has glitched as the game isn't exactly easy lol.
HONDURANBLOOD24
Posted on 27 March 19 at 03:58
Same here but for Lady Butterfly and I’ve tried everything and it still hasn’t popped. This was last night when I beat her
BiohaZard11189
Posted on 27 March 19 at 05:53
Same here. My corrupted monk and Gechiro main boss achievements are not unlocking. I tried everything to get them to pop. I'm 100%-ing the game so I'll be fighting them again but I'll have to remember to back my saves in case they don't pop again.
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 27 March 19 at 06:18
It's been confirmed Xbox Live is currently having issues with the achievement app guys. This is affecting tons of people across lots of games. No need to worry. They'll all pop once the system gets sorted out by Microsoft. Give it a few days tops if history is any indication to go off. toast
THE ShortShorts
Posted on 27 March 19 at 07:57
I hope it's an Xbox live issue as i'm not able to get the 'Sekiro' Cheevo to pop and it's worrysome to say the least.
anthony2690
anthony2690
Posted on 27 March 19 at 10:05, Edited on 27 March 19 at 11:03 by anthony2690
I really hope so, has killed my motivation to play, as much as I'm loving the game, it's brutal in difficulty and I don't wanna go through and find non of them unlock.

As I'm probably not going to play through the game 4 times, but I'd atleast like the achievements to show I've been through the game and conquered the bosses etc.
anthony2690
anthony2690
Posted on 27 March 19 at 18:46
Achievement popped for me not long ago, whilst playing mk11 beta aha
ImaginaryRuins
Posted on 28 March 19 at 01:29, Edited on 28 March 19 at 01:31 by ImaginaryRuins
The Lady Butterfly one also glitched for me. I opened a new save file and speed-ran to fight her again to unlock the achievement.

The thing is Sekiro has no manual saves so once an achievement glitches you cannot reload to re-fight any bosses - you have to restart from the beginning to fight them again. Imagine game-completion related achievements glitching - starting from zero all over again.
HONDURANBLOOD24
Posted on 28 March 19 at 19:43
anthony2690 said:
Achievement popped for me not long ago, whilst playing mk11 beta aha
I'm glad it went through eventually! Maybe I just have to keep playing and it'll come through eventually. I've been alternating between Sekiro and FFVII now haha. Fingers crossed it comes through soon
SmilesThatGlow
Posted on 07 April 19 at 01:14
Is this confirmed to take a few days? The achievement for obtaining the purification ending hasn’t popped for me.
PolacoForever
PolacoForever
Posted on 07 April 19 at 16:45
I also didn’t get mine for beating the demon of hatred! How do you do a hard reset?
PolacoForever
PolacoForever
Posted on 07 April 19 at 17:02
Ok I done a reset of my console. The achievement has unlocked but didn’t pop and still hasn’t added the points to my gamerscore. Guess it will soon hopefully.
JungAndReckless
Posted on 07 April 19 at 19:40, Edited on 07 April 19 at 19:41 by JungAndReckless
Of course it happened to me on the Owl at Hirata Estate fight...
SmilesThatGlow
Posted on 08 April 19 at 08:29
It’s been about two days now and still nothing. Hard reset and all.
Pretty irritating. Did everyone else’s eventually pop?
WalmsLo
WalmsLo
Posted on 08 April 19 at 10:03, Edited on 08 April 19 at 10:06 by WalmsLo
No achievement after getting final prayer bead :(

EDIT: Randomly popped after getting the carp achievement and sitting at the idol spamming enhance physical attributes for a minute out of frustration.
JungAndReckless
Posted on 08 April 19 at 18:18, Edited on 08 April 19 at 18:18 by JungAndReckless
SmilesThatGlow said:
It’s been about two days now and still nothing. Hard reset and all.
Pretty irritating. Did everyone else’s eventually pop?
Since mine was for beating owl, I just beat him again my next playthrough on my way to the severance ending and it unlocked. It really sucks that yours glitched on an ending.
HONDURANBLOOD24
Posted on 08 April 19 at 19:08
Updates on mine:

Lady Butterfly never unlocked for me (still waiting as of 3/26)
Guardian Ape Immortality Severed glitched out on me over the weekend. I was getting achievements for other things though: Defeating Guardian Ape boss (first fight), All Ninjutsu Acquired, and All Prosthetic Tools Acquired.

This is very frustrating.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.