Game Discussion: Where the Bees Make Honey Forum

WTBMH roadmap (not quite a walkthrough)

AuthorMessage
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 27 March 19 at 19:53
It's a short game, but here's a roadmap anyway for those who don't feel like going through this acid trip alone, especially since there aren't any videos yet.

Watch the intro. Apples. Donuts. False color video. Bananas.

Start in the office. When you gain control, go to the one door in the office, press cn_X to go through, go around the corner to the stairwell door, and go all the way down to the basement. Open the breaker box and flip the switch.

Where the Bees Make HoneyI'm not even supposed to be here!The I'm not even supposed to be here! achievement in Where the Bees Make Honey worth 50 pointsTurn on the generator in the office basement.

Go back up to the 4th floor, which now looks different. The path goes off to the left. Go *straight* for this one first.

Where the Bees Make HoneyIs this a dream?The Is this a dream? achievement in Where the Bees Make Honey worth 51 pointsTry to take the shortcut in the jungle.

Follow the path all the way around, and you'll switch to a cartoon 3rd person view. Go all the way right and into the light.

Go all the way down the stairs into one of the two light rooms. It doesn't matter which. Same thing for the next room. Go all the way down the hallway to the end. Watch the video.

You're on a strange island. This one's easy. Press cn_LB, cn_RB, and repeat 4 more times to lower the columns. Get the honeycomb.

You're in the kitchen. You need to go to the right. Don't worry, you can't fall off. Press cn_LB or cn_RB when you get trapped. Make it to the end, and this will pop.

Where the Bees Make HoneyI was free I was newThe I was free I was new achievement in Where the Bees Make Honey worth 51 pointsMake it through the kitchen despite being so small.

You'll be at the first puzzle. You need to climb ladders and rotate the room using cn_LB and cn_RB to find 3 honeycombs. One of them is through the middle room to the other side. Finish the puzzle for this one:

Where the Bees Make HoneyI could be me I could be youThe I could be me I could be you achievement in Where the Bees Make Honey worth 51 pointsComplete the bedroom puzzle level.

It's winter, now. Go down the path until it turns upward. Make a loop around the bike wheel. Go pack to the main path. Go up and around again until the light turns on. (You may have to do a figure 8, like she mentions.) Back to the main path, then one more time up and around. If the game doesn't let you continue, go back and do it again. When you finally leave the level at the bottom left, you'll pop this:

Where the Bees Make HoneyI was just having funThe I was just having fun achievement in Where the Bees Make Honey worth 51 pointsTurn on Bentley's light.

Winter puzzle. Again, find the 3 honeycombs. This one is slightly more difficult. There's an elevator in the back corner that lifts when you go one direction and drops when you go the other. Finish to pop this:

Where the Bees Make HoneyBentley, what have we done?The Bentley, what have we done? achievement in Where the Bees Make Honey worth 51 pointsComplete the winter puzzle level.

You're a bunny! In the first actually annoying level of the game, you have to move the bunny with the wonky controls. Go all the way down the path until you see a sloped rock to climb on the right. Jump to the next rock, then turn 90 degrees to the right and jump across the gap. Climb up. You'll see an outcropping that goes over the original path you took to get here. Jump across, but be careful, if you fall, you'll have to restart. (You'll know you're going the right way when the voice continues telling you her story.)

When you see the water, jump in. Swim across to another grassy area, then take a long jump to the far rocks to continue down the main path. Keep going, until you find the other rabbit. Go forward, through another swimming area, until you finally find a large hole to jump into.

Where the Bees Make HoneyYou are so important to meThe You are so important to me achievement in Where the Bees Make Honey worth 52 pointsFind Sunny in the grocery store.

Puzzle time! Finish it for this:

Where the Bees Make HoneyI can't ever lose youThe I can't ever lose you achievement in Where the Bees Make Honey worth 52 pointsComplete the Spring puzzle level.

Now you're an RC car! Follow the main path for a LONG way. When you see the honeycombs, you do NOT have to get them to proceed. (That would have cut off at least 20 min from my game). Go to the right into the distance and jump off the edge.

Where the Bees Make HoneyThat's a feeling I've forgottenThe That's a feeling I've forgotten achievement in Where the Bees Make Honey worth 52 pointsLearn that not all people will accept what they can't see.

Another puzzle!

Where the Bees Make HoneyI used to not worry about any of thisThe I used to not worry about any of this achievement in Where the Bees Make Honey worth 53 pointsComplete the Summer puzzle level.

Trick or treat! Once you go under the ladder, you have to avoid the jack-o-lanterns. Then you need to cross the planks without being caught. Another set of jack-o-lanterns, then a VERY LARGE PUMPKIN. When you get to this last one, just run back to the left until it stops chasing you. (It'll be a while.) Then go to the right to finish the level.

Where the Bees Make HoneySuperstitious or ambitiousThe Superstitious or ambitious achievement in Where the Bees Make Honey worth 53 pointsGet past the ghouls and ghosts.

Last puzzle!

Where the Bees Make HoneyEvery day felt like HalloweenThe Every day felt like Halloween achievement in Where the Bees Make Honey worth 53 pointsComplete the Fall puzzle level.

Video! Now pick or choose. You'll get one of these:

Where the Bees Make HoneyThere's the whole world out thereThe There's the whole world out there achievement in Where the Bees Make Honey worth 108 pointsChoose not to pick up the phone.
Where the Bees Make HoneyHow may I help you?The How may I help you? achievement in Where the Bees Make Honey worth 109 pointsChoose to pick up the phone.

Now go back through, choose the other ending, and you'll get that one and this:
Where the Bees Make HoneyThere's also a world inside of meThe There's also a world inside of me achievement in Where the Bees Make Honey worth 221 pointsSee both endings.
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
Tandar1
Tandar1
Posted on 03 April 19 at 15:01
clap
ManicMetalhead
Posted on 03 April 19 at 19:36
Found a shortcut for when you drive the RC car. When you reach the first big jump over a large gap, purposefully fall down the gap. You'll drop down a long slide and reach a fork in the road, go left and you'll reach the area with the honeycombs.
Cuts a good chunk of the driving off.
NoHeroes94
NoHeroes94
Posted on 06 April 19 at 14:08
Can confirm the above ^^^^
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 07 April 19 at 21:20
Thanks, Sasha. (Second run took 30mins for anyone who's curious)
Play nice!
DeAtHisLaNd
DeAtHisLaNd
Posted on 12 April 19 at 05:15
Thank you so much ! clap
Crazy Dutchman
Posted on 02 May 19 at 00:17
If you delete your local save file after the final choice, you will reload (via your online save) a bit before that point, and you can get both ending achievements.
MCASguru
MCASguru
Posted on 26 June 19 at 20:02
Thanks, Sasha! That bunny level was fiddly for sure.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.