Game Discussion: State of Decay 2 Forum

drucker county survey car?

AuthorMessage
Spy46
Spy46
Posted on 28 March 19 at 11:56
I saw someone playing on youtube in drucker county and he had a survey car, nothing I have seen tells me there is one at all.
is there some kind of a trick or something that I dont know or is there one thats just really hidden well?
BiggusD
BiggusD
Posted on 28 March 19 at 13:06
I haven't played with yesterday's update yet, but up until now which cars pop up (and where) on any given map is randomized.

There is no guarantee that there will be a Survey Car on a map at all.
Spy46
Spy46
Posted on 28 March 19 at 16:03
i did not know that, i thought it was preset or something because of all the maps ive seen have X vehicles already located in X location, i used it for cascade hills and another map too
BiggusD
BiggusD
Posted on 28 March 19 at 20:22
It is possible that there are certain presets so that each "car spawn location" has a range of vehicles to select from (but not all).

For instance, I just found a Repair Van right next to a small power station-ish unmarked structure between the veterinary clinic and the water pump station in the south end of Meagher Valley. That is a location it makes sense to find a Repair Van. So it could be less than completely random.

In Drucker County I seem to remember to have found a Survey Car in the "Fire Truck Graveyard" which is behind the Police Station in the Northern corner of the map. There is usually a car there, but not always a Survey Car (most often a Pilato).
Spy46
Spy46
Posted on 28 March 19 at 21:32
I dont recall a PD in the north corner, but there is a junk yard of sorts next to a mechanic shop, unless you mean the town in the middle left, I still have to explore that one more
BiggusD
BiggusD
Posted on 28 March 19 at 22:01
It's in the same town as the Barricaded Strip Mall, the largest base on that map.
Spy46
Spy46
Posted on 29 March 19 at 01:32
ah thats my base, but yeah there was a different vehicle there.
is there any kind of trick or anything that could be used to get one?
BiggusD
BiggusD
Posted on 29 March 19 at 11:23, Edited on 29 March 19 at 11:36 by BiggusD
Not that I know of. The Survey car is useful to quickly get the locations near the road marked on your map, but Cell Towers and Water Towers are both much better at it. Just look for the binocular symbols on your map. Most towns will have one. The Billboards and other types of lookout points are far less useful to get an overview of the area.

As you go through each map many times, you will stop having to do this, though. You'll learn good spots to get each resource, and simply go directly there to get them,

In Drucker County, there are plenty sites for each resource.

Materials: next to the giant Water Tower in the North-West, there is a construction site with 4 unfinished houses and a truck with crates. I am sure I have found close to 10 materials rucksacks there, but should be at least 5.

Fuel: Aside the gas stations, there is a fuel tanker near Mike's Concrete (base) and behind the derelict factory by the South-Central crossroads.

Food: The central plateu town has got two restaurants and a farm supply store in the downtown area

Medicine: The hospital.

Ammo: There are a total of four gun shops, one police station, one artillery location, two army medic tents and two military refuge centres on this map. Near the airstrip in the South, the artillery site and a medical tent is located close to each other.

Chemical Cases: The Farm Supply store by the crossroads South of The Barricaded Strip Mall has a couple of those blue tanks outside, along with several crates.

Scraps of Circuitry: The Left-Central town has got a Water Tower. Around it you have a Pump Station, two circuit boards and 30 meters to the West a bunch of crates. An excellent spot to hit for circuitry and Parts.
BiggusD
BiggusD
Posted on 29 March 19 at 11:29
But the easiest trick is to bring one along with you the next time you are switching maps. I guess you haven't done that yet?
Spy46
Spy46
Posted on 29 March 19 at 11:31
good points all around and thanks for the help.
PhillipWendell
Posted on 16 April 19 at 02:04
I've had the survey car in my latest game, but didn't realize it did anything other than serve as a car. How do you use it?
BiggusD
BiggusD
Posted on 16 April 19 at 07:57
It puts locations on the map when you drive it. Maybe a diameter of 50 meters or so around the car?

You can do that with the other cars as well, but you'll have to drive much closer to the houses. Or have the Scouting specialization - I think that works the same way.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.