Game Discussion: Final Fantasy VII

Achievement not unlocking

• XboxoholicXboxoholic318,034
    Posted on 30 March 19 at 16:21, Edited on 30 March 19 at 16:54 by Xboxoholic
    Hi, some achievements aren't unlocking. So far, the achievements for getting Vincent, winning the Chocobo race and getting Leviathan haven't unlocked for me. Anybody know of a fix?
    Posted on 30 March 19 at 17:43
    Update: I got the Leviathan achievement to pop by uninstalling the game and trying again.

As a precaution, save often (especially just before you go for an achievement) and make sure boosters are off before the achievement should pop. (I don't know if boosters affect it, as I had them off after uninstalling and reinstalling.)
  • SighrisSighris2,293,534
    Posted on 31 March 19 at 00:11
    I did all with boosters on, no problems
    Moo
  • Johnny Fl3xJohnny Fl3x1,011,734
    Posted on 31 March 19 at 09:37
    What are boosters? I played the crap out of this game as a kid but never heard of boosters before
    Every game with DLC that you pay for is a paid update.
    Posted on 31 March 19 at 10:05
    @Johnny Broflex In the re-releases of the game, you can turn on certain cheats: 3x speed, no random battles and "God mode" which is your limit bar is constantly 100% and you recover from any attack that doesn't kill you.

I'm having problems again. Materia Mastermind isn't unlocking. I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game again. This is ridiculous.
    Posted on 31 March 19 at 10:15
    Alright, it seems like you don't need to uninstall/reinstall, just close the game and reload it. Make sure to save before you go for any achievement, because if you save after you use one-time items like Highwind or whatever, you're stuffed!
  • SPACE ODDITYSPACE ODDITY1,589,978
    Posted on 31 March 19 at 11:07
    I haven't had problems with the achievements actually unlocking, but I have had three achievements pop without any notification at all.
    QUAKE 4 Number One GRAW Solo Number OneT
  • Posted on 06 April 19 at 04:26
    I can confirm achievements unlocking without notification.
  • NetechmaNetechma602,857
    Posted on 14 April 19 at 01:37
    my yuffie achievement never popped. didnt check if I got it without a notification yet.

*edit
    looks like I did get Shuriken Join Us without the notification.
  • Posted on 23 May 19 at 20:09
    I'm having an issue where I have been using boosters, I've used the Lvl 4 limit breaks for Cloud and Yuffie and the achievements haven't popped, and I can't even use Tifas Lvl 4 limit break item, she just says something like I dunno, maybe but, and it's pretty much unusable, any advice from anyone ?
    Anton Vaughan ( FrenchVaughan92 )
  • St Tony22St Tony221,425,049
    Posted on 24 September 19 at 23:32
    Same issue here: Yuffie's & Red XIII's limit break achievements did not unlock.
  • Posted on 06 October 19 at 09:09
    It's been a month and the achivements are not still unlocking, when I look at some of your profiles you have the achivements, what did you do to make them unlock in the end?
  • St Tony22St Tony221,425,049
    Posted on 10 October 19 at 14:45
    DeadSamurai77 said:
    It's been a month and the achivements are not still unlocking, when I look at some of your profiles you have the achivements, what did you do to make them unlock in the end?
    I was lucky that I had a save file for Red XIII's limit break.
    Yuffie's limit break unlocked overnight.
  • Posted on 30 December 19 at 09:03
    Just spent 30 minutes beating Ruby Weapon, didn’t pop. Then grabbed Knight of the Round and that didn’t pop either. Gonna be really mad if these never pop.
  • Posted on 21 June 20 at 14:52
    Well who do we talk to about this? I just used Aerith's level 4 limit break item and nothing happened. So I checked to make sure it didn't just pop without me seeing it, and I realized that the last three conditions I've met didn't unlock the achievements ...
  • Posted on 21 June 20 at 15:03
    Well I did a hard reset of the console, reloaded an earlier save and managed to get the achievement for Aerith's final limit break, but does that mean I need to do that for safety every time I'm coming up on a possible achievement? Like that means I have to scan the list and have basically a walkthrough going so I know when I'm approaching those conditions? Kind of part of the fun is for me to just replay this game and see all the random stuff popping. Plus, what about the "secret achievements"? Garbage. I'm still owed the one for having Vincent joint, he's been here for a minute, and Chocochampion, which I just thought maybe I had to unlock on my own when I got back to the gold saucer...
  • Posted on 21 June 20 at 15:04
    I don't understand why I can't get a hold of someone at Xbox or Square or whoever, have them check the conditions on my file and just give me what I've earned.
  • Posted on 21 June 20 at 15:06
    Some of these I can reload an earlier save and push through to try again, but what about the optional weapon bosses? I'm not trying to refight 20 + minute battles over and over again until it recognizes my achievement.
  • Posted on 21 June 20 at 15:08
    I remember getting Assassin's Creed Revelations when it was brand new, and having every achievement pop except the one for reading all books. Frustrating, because it was the only one keeping me from full completion. I used to check and recheck and recheck to see if one day it would just pop. It finally did, but that was after me logging in again on a whim after about six years...
  • Posted on 21 June 20 at 15:09
    Obviously, I have trouble letting go...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads