Game Discussion: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Forum

Xbox One

AuthorMessage
JungAndReckless
Posted on 31 March 19 at 23:16
So does this game run ok on an Xbox One? I recently upgraded to a 55 inch 4k and I have a tough time playing dark souls 3 now when the shitty frame rate is much more noticeable on a bigger screen. It's hard to find info online regarding this, as everyone reviews it on the X.
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 31 March 19 at 23:29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmVM1LsbHvA
Azrael008uk
Azrael008uk
Posted on 02 April 19 at 08:55
Oh he's sent you a link to Digital Foundry.

Those guys will stop you in the street to complain about how the sub standard resolution of real life is giving them a headache and they can't wait to get back to their PC Gaming Rig where everything is better (Prior to this everything used to be better on Playstation but then Microsoft released the XBox One X).

For those of us in the Real World you can rest assured that it looks and plays great on the XBox ONE X.
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 02 April 19 at 09:30
Looks great on the X. He was asking about the shitty launch Xbox One. Which is covered in the video. It runs okay if you have a 120hz tv or monitor. Otherwise performance suffers as you'd expect. And the resolution is obviously sub standard.
Swinny Costello
Posted on 02 April 19 at 11:15
JungAndReckless said:
So does this game run ok on an Xbox One? I recently upgraded to a 55 inch 4k and I have a tough time playing dark souls 3 now when the shitty frame rate is much more noticeable on a bigger screen. It's hard to find info online regarding this, as everyone reviews it on the X.
Dark Souls 3 frame rate is perfectly fine. Would I love it to be 60fps? Sure, but it's absolutely fine as it is.
JungAndReckless
Posted on 02 April 19 at 12:50
Thanks to everyone who helped, I bought it yesterday and the performance has been ok enough for me to play it. I have died once or twice when there were 8-9 enemies onscreen and performance dropped, but that's fairly rare.
Swinny Costello said:
JungAndReckless said:
Dark Souls 3 frame rate is perfectly fine. Would I love it to be 60fps? Sure, but it's absolutely fine as it is.
Nope. You get 30 fps max, which is fine in most games, but they utilize frame pacing, creating a stuttering effect that is just terrible. It wasn't super noticeable on my like 28 inch tv but doubling in size has almost made me dizzy watching it. It's far worse than most 360 games.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.