TA Playlist Forum

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Batman: Arkham Asylum Discussion - Spoiler Free

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 01 April 19 at 00:00
Welcome back to another TA Playlist month. Use this thread to ask questions about Batman: Arkham Asylum, report in as you make your way through the game for the first time, and otherwise keep it all spoiler-free in here.
NeoMaster47
NeoMaster47
Posted on 01 April 19 at 02:58
I played only the initial part of this and it was somewhat attractive; I will try to play it now.
I wonder if the version of PC (GFWL) counts for this TA PlayList?
~Neo~
JohnnyInterfnk
Posted on 01 April 19 at 03:52
That's TWO months in a row now where it looks like I'll get a game done from start to finish within the month! And considering there is no TA competition/achievement chain/alphabet challenge in my way, might as well lock it in!

Yes, I'm still mad about being a week behind on finishing Shadow of Mordor on time, why do you ask?

Also and finally, its Arkham month! A wonderful, wonderful game at the time it launched. Will see in a few weeks if it aged well...
n4k3dLEE
n4k3dLEE
Posted on 01 April 19 at 06:40
JohnnyInterfnk said:
That's TWO months in a row now where it looks like I'll get a game done from start to finish within the month! And considering there is no TA competition/achievement chain/alphabet challenge in my way, might as well lock it in!

Yes, I'm still mad about being a week behind on finishing Shadow of Mordor on time, why do you ask?

Also and finally, its Arkham month! A wonderful, wonderful game at the time it launched. Will see in a few weeks if it aged well...
That's what I'm curious about too. Out of Asylum, City & Knight, I still regard Asylum as the original and best but maybe that's only because it was the first I played and it seemed a lot more unique back when it released.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to playing it once again.
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 01 April 19 at 07:12
Loved this game on 360. Never got 100% but it's still great
Wake me, when you need me.
Ginn0rz
Ginn0rz
Posted on 01 April 19 at 07:54, Edited on 01 April 19 at 12:20 by Ginn0rz
I do own the GOTY version, very tempted. Freeflow Gold is one of my proudest achievements, 3-batarangs on Shock and Awe (extreme) was absolutely insane. I vividly recall eventually doing it, the screen had almost completely faded to black as I completed my last takedown. My heart was almost bursting out of my chest.
Cookie Kenku
Cookie Kenku
Posted on 01 April 19 at 09:28
One of the greatest games ever made in my opinion. Completed both PC versions back in a day and xbox 360 non-GOTY version. Also have a GOTY 360 and X1 version in a backlog... Maybe some day will complete em too)
guycarb
guycarb
Posted on 01 April 19 at 10:02, Edited on 01 April 19 at 10:02 by guycarb
Ginn0rz said:
I do own the GOTY version, very tempted. Freeflow Gold is one of my proudest achievements, 3-batarangs on Shock and Aww (extreme) was absolutely insane. I vividly recall eventually doing it, the screen had almost completely faded to black as I completed my last takedown. My heart was almost bursting out of my chest.
Congrats dude, couldn’t be more jealous! Haven’t touched this game since it came out and now I’ll be pushing myself for the Freeflow Gold combat challenges!

Love every bit of this game until I got to these challenges... sigh!
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 01 April 19 at 13:49
n4k3dLEE said:
JohnnyInterfnk said:

That's what I'm curious about too. Out of Asylum, City & Knight, I still regard Asylum as the original and best but maybe that's only because it was the first I played and it seemed a lot more unique back when it released.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to playing it once again.
I always thought City was the best because of some of its story beats and keeping Batman stuck in the Asylum limits how Batman one can be, haha. But I do love the whole series, even Origins, and I'm very excited to read these threads this month, especially if anyone is starting the game for the first time.
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 01 April 19 at 14:12
Dunno if it was because of the order I played the games but I never enjoyed this one. Played City first and this after and just did t like it.
Ginn0rz
Ginn0rz
Posted on 01 April 19 at 14:15
I used to play the combat challenges with the Juno Reactor song "Burly Brawl" playing in the background. It's from the Matrix Reloaded soundtrack laugh

/Confessions of a nerd
Mr Granstaff
Mr Granstaff
Posted on 01 April 19 at 14:39
Think I finally ended up completing this due to UHH -- extra motivation certainly helps, lol!
One of the biggest mistakes we make is assuming that other people think the way we think.
Rista B
Rista B
Posted on 01 April 19 at 15:20
Great game, best wishes to those who are going to play or re-play for the event.
Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
WhiterValkyrie
Posted on 01 April 19 at 15:29
I'm planning to re-do the game this year ! It was amazing back in time and i think it's still the same feeling nowadays !
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 01 April 19 at 15:37
This is probably my second favorite franchise. Love all the games including Origins which is heavily overlooked and has the best boss fights of any game in the series.

One time I was playing this game back in college and the heater in my apartment was getting worked on. The mechanic was watching me play and said he was a big Batman fan and thought the game looked really fun. I gave him the controller and he played it for like five minutes and said he was going to pick up the game after work so he and his son could play it. It was a neat experience and one of the few times that gaming and real life mixed together for me.
AaronJamesx38
AaronJamesx38
Posted on 01 April 19 at 15:46
Time to get this done
AJ
Neko Ranma
Neko Ranma
Posted on 01 April 19 at 16:14
Glad this is on Gamepass! rock
Clockwerks
Clockwerks
Posted on 01 April 19 at 16:20
The Arkham franchise is one of my favorites. Rocksteady always makes amazing games. They seriously need to announce their new game already though. I'm tired of waiting!

I picked up Asylum randomly a few months after it came out without knowing how well it was received and had such a good time playing it. Batman is my favorite superhero and I think they really do him justice in this series. The combat is extremely fluid and fun too.

That all being said, play this game and the rest of the series if you haven't yet. I can't recommend them enough.
Brasshande
Brasshande
Posted on 01 April 19 at 16:39
Excellent game
D'yuz gan at death speed?
napoearth
napoearth
Posted on 01 April 19 at 16:41
Sadly, I've already completed every version of this. Otherwise, I would gladly jump back in to it. I am a big fan of the Arkham franchise. I have 100%ed the whole thing as well.

I feel like the Arkham games, including this one, are very well designed. The difficulty ramps at a good rate and is never too difficult for an average player (which I consider myself to be) while still being quite a challenge. The stories are creative and interesting and the cartoon character enemies are presented in ways that are almost reasonable with a small suspension of disbelief.

Have fun with this everybody.
I like Texas 'cause Texas is the only state ballsy enough to have its own toast. - Mitch Hedberg
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.