AuthorMessage
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 03 April 19 at 12:52
A machine out of order

Please click here to read the story: Generation Zero Review
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 03 April 19 at 12:52, Edited on 03 April 19 at 12:52 by Fooga
Shame as this one looked pretty cool. Maybe I’ll give it a try down the line when it goes on sale.
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 03 April 19 at 13:01
Maybe when they release a fix it'll be playable...
There is always a way.
SUICIDAL SINN3R
Posted on 03 April 19 at 13:12
Shame it's scored so low,I had fun with the private beta but also experienced these issues even completing the experience/improvement survey they didn't change a thing,glad I waited & will wait for a sale
aLackofGravitas
Posted on 03 April 19 at 13:23
This is the only game I've ever got a refund on (and I've bought some crap over the years)

To release an obviously unfinished product for £35 is disgraceful.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 03 April 19 at 13:55
Seems like a growing issue, the gulf between a good idea and it's execution.
Legohead 1977
XGC NiteHalcyon
Posted on 03 April 19 at 14:12
With cover art like that, you could pretty much guarantee it would suck.
BlackxRyan
BlackxRyan
Posted on 03 April 19 at 14:13
I'm a bit scared for RAGE 2 now.
Centuri0n Cato
Posted on 03 April 19 at 14:43
What a shame.
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 03 April 19 at 15:24
I am glad I wasn't talked into playing this, just yet any how. I am sure they will 'fix' it but how much better will that be?
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 03 April 19 at 16:15
I had such high hopes for this and i just ended up getting burnt on another Day 1 purchase.
DeceptiveTen
DeceptiveTen
Posted on 03 April 19 at 16:55
To bad looked good. Glad I canceled my pre-order
deceptiveten
FiveWizz
FiveWizz
Posted on 03 April 19 at 17:56
FFS.
Cellar Attic
Cellar Attic
Posted on 03 April 19 at 19:11
Provided a nice patch is forthcoming, I'll still get this one. Fun fact that means nothing to anyone but me: I saw two older gents in the Stockholm-Arlanda airport with massive console package deals of this game. We flew to Copenhagen together. I hope their experience is better than this review suggests.
Bar6arian
Bar6arian
Posted on 03 April 19 at 21:44
BlackxRyan said:
This is about the only game I'm looking forward to. Seems like it is getting bad or I'm getting old, when I look forward more to what Netflix and Prime are releasing then the gaming world...
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 03 April 19 at 22:22
Bar6arian said:
BlackxRyan said:
This is about the only game I'm looking forward to. Seems like it is getting bad or I'm getting old, when I look forward more to what Netflix and Prime are releasing then the gaming world...
It's not getting bad, it IS bad. The Xbox One era has been so disappointing compared to the 360 era. Overpriced microtransactions (one item being more expensive than what entire DLCs used to cost), overzealous nerfing done way too often, too few new AAA IPs, almost no innovation (unless you want to play with antiquated graphics, which I hate), too many franchises getting rid of SP, etc.

I also almost never buy any games on Day 1 anymore, because it's virtually guaranteed that it will be broken or have some ridiculously large Day 1 Patch.

I'm anxious for this generation to be over and hope the next generation won't be as bad of a fuck up this generation turned out to be.
Snitty 1
Snitty 1
Posted on 04 April 19 at 00:23, Edited on 04 April 19 at 00:27 by Snitty 1
A few more things to note are at least 4 unobtainable achievements, some skills that flat out just don't work and multiple glitched or broken missions to the point they cannot be completed.
I'm also not convinced the clothing items that offer reduced visibility and noise work.
Also all mission waypoints and locations you discover disappear from the map every time you close the game. Luckily this can be fixed simply by quitting to the main menu and continuing the game again, something I wish I had known earlier.
B3CKER
B3CKER
Posted on 04 April 19 at 00:48
I’m not really hopefully at all about the future of the gaming industry. Unless we all stand up and speak with out wallets gaming studios will continue pumping out broken/unfinished products bc we will continue purchasing them DAY 1. But we won’t stop ...so they won’t stop roll
Follow me on Instagram: @jar3d_b
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 04 April 19 at 02:45
B3CKER said:
I’m not really hopefully at all about the future of the gaming industry. Unless we all stand up and speak with out wallets gaming studios will continue pumping out broken/unfinished products bc we will continue purchasing them DAY 1. But we won’t stop ...so they won’t stop roll
Agreed and i'm the idiot that buys every new game on Day 1, this console gen has been a hair raising eye opener and the story that i read on Kotaku early this morning confirms that these big named companies just care about the money and they don't mind about crapping all over their own brand.

This is the story if anyone wants to read it, it answers alot of questions of why Anthem is the state that it is today.

https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anthem-went-wrong-1833731964
Lord Midas
Lord Midas
Posted on 04 April 19 at 07:23, Edited on 04 April 19 at 07:23 by Lord Midas
Thanks for the review, Mark.

The trend with gaming today is that it's best to wait a month or two for the inevitable design flaws and bugs to be fixed, then jump in.

Pre-internet days it would have been commercial suicide to release a game with any bugs, but now it's simply the norm. And, as my career is in software testing, it makes my blood boil.
Hellsteeth!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.