Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Battlefield Currency Arrives Today in Battlefield V

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 04 April 19 at 13:57
Purchase items with real money

Please click here to read the story: Battlefield Currency Arrives Today in Battlefield V
UBERSICKO
UBERSICKO
Posted on 04 April 19 at 13:59
Just what the game needs, pay to win
[url=https://www.play-asia.com/23/?affiliate_id=213978] [img]https://www.play-asia.com/32/74l[/img][/url] For all your importing gaming needs.
Nighthawk205
Nighthawk205
Posted on 04 April 19 at 14:13
UBERSICKO said:
How in the world is this possibly pay to win? The article explicitly states that the Elite sets give you a cosmetic skin for characters and weapons. The gun unlocks in the starter packs take under an hour to unlock on your own through regular gameplay, even if you're garbage at the game like I am. I'd say they're not worth it as time savers because you're cutting out a whopping hour of gameplay, not because you don't support the practice.

If selling cosmetics and cutting out an hour of gameplay is the price to pay for free DLC until the end of the game's life, then bring it on... I'd encourage them to do even more if it'll bring additional content.
KungFuStu72
KungFuStu72
Posted on 04 April 19 at 14:16
If you read the article is states multiple times that none of this will gave any gameplay advantages. So no pay to win at all.

Personally I couldn't give a crap about any of this additional content. But if someone wants to pay extra cash to play dress up with their virtual soldier then more fool them.

The only point of any real interest to me in this article is in the last paragraph - "improved loot behavior" in firestorm. Hopefully this might resolve the issue of the pile of overlapping loot that spawns when you kill someone.
KILLAKING
KILLAKING
Posted on 04 April 19 at 14:22
RIP
BlackxRyan
BlackxRyan
Posted on 04 April 19 at 14:29
I'm surprised they didn't add it sooner.

UBERSICKO said:
You obviously didn't read the article.
Monk52
Monk52
Posted on 04 April 19 at 14:49
Could do with bringing back Rush, making it a permanent game mode!
Urf
KGI Klikopedia
Posted on 04 April 19 at 16:07
Monk52 said:
Could do with bringing back Rush, making it a permanent game mode!
yeah would also be good for assignments that requering attacking or defending
Mixer: KlikoTV
NxtDutch
NxtDutch
Posted on 04 April 19 at 16:17, Edited on 04 April 19 at 16:19 by NxtDutch
Wow, people still defending micro-transactions just because they are cosmetics.

You people are why many games integrity are in question. How are you not up in arms over any kind of micro-transaction in games? Cosmetics used to unlock via gameplay! By achieving a certain rank, or accomplishing certain feats in games (Like Halo 3). Now it's just by some random chance, or 1.99, 2.99 straight up for a damn outfit or sight that used to just unlock naturally.

You veteran gamers that were gaming before this trend should flat out be ashamed of where gaming is today. And should be calling for change. Instead you are supporting it, defending it, or worse ignoring it.

Its flat out disgusting
So, Xbox is going full 3rd party Publisher now? Where does that leave us Hardcore Xbox console fans?
ThronedFiddle75
Posted on 04 April 19 at 17:01
You can still unlock these cosmetics through regular gameplay. If someone wants to blow money on it, then power to them. As for us "veteran gamers"... The price of games hasn't gone up in thirty years. When I bought Ocarina of Time it was $60. And that's what you got. Whatever was already done. Games these days cost more to make, have so much more content, and can be updated and fixed without me having to get a new game. And most of them are still $60. So if companies want to add more stuff and ask for more money, power to them.
KungFuStu72
KungFuStu72
Posted on 04 April 19 at 17:23
FreedomIPhantom said:
Wow, people still defending micro-transactions just because they are cosmetics.

You people are why many games integrity are in question. How are you not up in arms over any kind of micro-transaction in games? Cosmetics used to unlock via gameplay! By achieving a certain rank, or accomplishing certain feats in games (Like Halo 3). Now it's just by some random chance, or 1.99, 2.99 straight up for a damn outfit or sight that used to just unlock naturally.

You veteran gamers that were gaming before this trend should flat out be ashamed of where gaming is today. And should be calling for change. Instead you are supporting it, defending it, or worse ignoring it.

Its flat out disgusting
Have you actually played this game? There are already hundreds of cosmetics in the game. Many of them are unlocked by completing actions in the game. Many of them by completing actions within time limits connected to the multiplayer chapters that they've released. And many of them connected to the in game "Company Coins" earned by completing daily assignments etc.

If some people want to pay to support the game then let them. And laugh out loud when you see them getting extra attention on the battlefield.
KontoGR
KontoGR
Posted on 04 April 19 at 18:07
This is game is trash, I had more fun playing bf1
FuzzedUpCookie
Posted on 04 April 19 at 18:36
Nighthawk205 said:
UBERSICKO said:
How in the world is this possibly pay to win? The article explicitly states that the Elite sets give you a cosmetic skin for characters and weapons. The gun unlocks in the starter packs take under an hour to unlock on your own through regular gameplay, even if you're garbage at the game like I am. I'd say they're not worth it as time savers because you're cutting out a whopping hour of gameplay, not because you don't support the practice.

If selling cosmetics and cutting out an hour of gameplay is the price to pay for free DLC until the end of the game's life, then bring it on... I'd encourage them to do even more if it'll bring additional content.
Someone knows what's up :) cosmetic shit in MP games and micro transactions to have free , actual useful gameplay stuff is the way to go and hope more MP focused games (keep) do(ing) this..
Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
Autumn
Autumn
Posted on 04 April 19 at 19:26
Is the max rank still capped at 50? I haven't played for months because I've completed everything online.

Also paid cosmetics is still a joke for a game that charges people as much as they do. Unlocks should be unlocked by progression not by real money! Such a waste
LORDOFDOOKIE69
Posted on 04 April 19 at 19:40
This isn't anything new. EA has been putting microtransactions in Battlefield games at least since they first came to console. Even BC2 had a pay to win bundle where you could unlock all the guns right away for $10 or $15 per class. At least in BC2's defense I believe it was something like 2 years in that they offered the unlocks. We are only 5-6 months in and they are already releasing the start of these pay to unlock packs. The game sales were horrible on release and EA wants as much money back as possible. Don't be surprised when full class unlocks release before the game is 1 year old.
LORDOFDOOKIE69
Posted on 04 April 19 at 19:42
Autumn said:
Is the max rank still capped at 50? I haven't played for months because I've completed everything online.

Also paid cosmetics is still a joke for a game that charges people as much as they do. Unlocks should be unlocked by progression not by real money! Such a waste
Yeah it's crazy nowadays. Companies sell you a game for $60 with $30 of content and then offer the other $30 through paid season passes or microtransactions.
UNeakOne
UNeakOne
Posted on 04 April 19 at 19:57
lmao
TARTANROSS
TARTANROSS
Posted on 04 April 19 at 21:21
But no season pass now so they give free DLC they do have to make money or they will go bust like other studios they aren't making billions like GTA do buy people buying online cards
alladaskill17
alladaskill17
Posted on 04 April 19 at 21:35
UBERSICKO said:
Not even close.
Alladaskill17
Goldfire64
Goldfire64
Posted on 05 April 19 at 04:37
God I hope they fixed all the UI and menu problems that this game seems to have.

I see they had "-Fixed a bug which prevented players from speeding up the bleed out timer when being in a down state."

That's a start I guess.
Goldfire64
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.