Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Poll: What's Your Favorite Loot Shooter?

AuthorMessage
ajgoesUNLUCKY
ajgoesUNLUCKY
Posted on 09 April 19 at 07:16
Hahahaha
Get wrecked Anthem
1776 Worldwide
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 09 April 19 at 12:56
I don't understand why people are so amped about borderlands. Played on a previous tag and wasn't impressed at all.
atryeu1
atryeu1
Posted on 09 April 19 at 17:43
J4CKA1 said:
I don't understand why people are so amped about borderlands. Played on a previous tag and wasn't impressed at all.
Everybody has different likes. I personally love the 3 Borderlands games. They are something I can play with my nephew who loves them just as much as I do. There are funny bits, interesting story and playing co-op is pretty fun on there compared to some other games we've tried together.
GRENDEL PRIM3
GRENDEL PRIM3
Posted on 09 April 19 at 20:51
Well, considering I have well over 1,000 hours into Warframe, it's easily my favorite on the list. I have a "mild" addiction to the game, I guess.
a Fi1thy Casual
Posted on 09 April 19 at 21:57
GRENDEL PRIM3 said:
Well, considering I have well over 1,000 hours into Warframe, it's easily my favorite on the list. I have a "mild" addiction to the game, I guess.
In terms of "enjoyment", then I agree with you: Warframe is my go-to game to play into the ground every other month. laugh

However, as a "looter shooter", it really doesn't match other games in terms of "loot".
Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
MatadorBID
MatadorBID
Posted on 10 April 19 at 13:54, Edited on 10 April 19 at 13:54 by MatadorBID
I now know the name of the genre I hate more than Battle Royale.
Rip and tear, until it is done.
BlackxRyan
BlackxRyan
Posted on 10 April 19 at 18:56
Borderlands 2, simply amazing.
RuneSlayer4421
Posted on 11 April 19 at 16:46
The entire borderlands series is the pinnacle of the the looter shooter genre. Nothing has even come close to the endgame for Borderlands 2.
Nekokari
Nekokari
Posted on 11 April 19 at 17:41
Borderlands the original.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 14 April 19 at 01:34, Edited on 14 April 19 at 01:36 by Sashamorning
BL2 > BL1 because of story. There's a certain point in the story when I just stopped, went "holy f---" and was hooked from then on out. I've played both several times, but BL1 just never had that kind of moment for me.

Plus BL1 had Moxxi. Yecch.

BL2 also had Tiny Tina, and the Tiny Tina DLC on top of that. Best DLC ever, matched only maybe by Minerva's Den from Bioshock 2. I would easily pay for a Tiny Tina standalone sequel.

Pre-Sequel had horrendous level design. It was confusing and frankly annoyed the living daylights out of me. I just couldn't get into it.
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
iMaginaryy
iMaginaryy
Posted on 14 April 19 at 03:50
Sashamorning said:
BL2 > BL1 because of story. There's a certain point in the story when I just stopped, went {#}holy f---{#} and was hooked from then on out. I've played both several times, but BL1 just never had that kind of moment for me.

Plus BL1 had Moxxi. Yecch.

BL2 also had Tiny Tina, and the Tiny Tina DLC on top of that. Best DLC ever, matched only maybe by Minerva's Den from Bioshock 2. I would easily pay for a Tiny Tina standalone sequel.

Pre-Sequel had horrendous level design. It was confusing and frankly annoyed the living daylights out of me. I just couldn't get into it.
I thought Infinite's story DLC and stuff like Skyrim's story DLC may have been better than Minerva's Den, but Minerva's Den was certainly pretty decent too.

Haven't done the other three yet (moxxi, tina, pre sequel), but heard along the lines of what you've said.
Fear is the mindkiller.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.