Guides Forum

A forum for game tips, tricks, and guide news articles.

Earn 1000 Gamerscore in Four Minutes for Just $4.99!

AuthorMessage
jasonlc3221
jasonlc3221
Posted on 12 April 19 at 05:03, Edited on 12 April 19 at 05:14 by jasonlc3221
rGaiden said:
Gamerscore is a joke nowadays.
But TA ratios are alive and well.

But it really is all about opinion and personal preference. If an individual prefers easy completions, then that's their preference. Whatevs. I like to challenge myself from time to time and go for the 100% on some high-ratio games.
FullNietzsche
FullNietzsche
Posted on 12 April 19 at 07:12
Earn 1000 Gamerscore in Four Minutes for Just $4.99!
I honestly thought this would be either a spoof headline, or serious but that the article would be highly critical of this dubious practice. The fact it's neither and reads like one of those paid advertorials is rather disturbing.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 12 April 19 at 09:09
ArkhmInmate0801 said:
Some people waste $5 every morning at Starbucks. I waste money on shitty games for achievements.
Word. Fewer calories and more satisfying, too.
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
Darth James O
Darth James O
Posted on 12 April 19 at 11:04
I love quick and easy achievements games at the right price. It does seem strange though that TA would do an article about quick and easy gamerscore so prominently when the whole original ethos of TA was that there was a flaw in Microsoft's achievement points where a 10g turn the game on achievement was worth the same as a 10g finish the game on hard mode achievement. TA wasn't really an achievement hunting site, it was a site where your rarest achievements were given a lot more weight. Doing an article that says 'hey, easy gamerscore' seems odd in that context.
GoodGodLetsEat
Posted on 12 April 19 at 15:58
I remember when 100k GS was really impressive. Now all you need is a couple hundred bucks and you could get that in a month or two.
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 12 April 19 at 16:18, Edited on 12 April 19 at 16:19 by Fooga
Evandalist said:
SuperTigerWoods said:
Evandalist said:
ITT : Irate gamers {#}rising up{#} in outrage over the flood of garbage games from indie studios and ID@Xbox as if garbage games are somehow a new phenomenon when like 70% of games made from 1980-2000 were horrendous, buggy, frustratingly unplayable pieces of shit.
Thank you for this laughlaughlaugh This brought a smile to my face
Glad you enjoyed it, man.

IDK how old these people are, but the vast majority of video games I played growing up were all broken pieces of trash, and you didn't even get gamerscore from them - You just played them for personal enjoyment, which is apparently an insane concept around here to some. Companies were pushing out licensed video games based on everything from popular TV shows, to children's cartoons, to R-rated movies, and they aggressively marketed them to us when almost all of them fucking sucked. We used to drop $60-$75 on those pieces of shit as kids and you couldn't even return them for a refund once you opened them, yet these dudes are complaining about a fucking $5 game like it's the apocalypse.

I'm in awe.
I love everything you post. So damn true.
dsgrce
dsgrce
Posted on 12 April 19 at 16:20
Smudgenat0r said:
So many elitists here. Let people play and get achievements how they want. If you only want to play hard completions, good for you. If someone wants to get super high score with only easy games, good for them. Let people enjoy themselves.
This post needs to be pinned at the the top!
DeltaAgent
DeltaAgent
Posted on 12 April 19 at 17:16
MVPVincent said:
As much as I want to say {#}I'm not playing this{#}, I absolutely will. I've played Avatar, wasted money on NeoGeo games and sunk so low as to play Turtle's Quest when that was around, so what shame could I possibly have to lose?
Fully complete Yaris, and we'll talk. Ah, the shame.
Evandalist
Evandalist
Posted on 12 April 19 at 17:26, Edited on 12 April 19 at 17:41 by Evandalist
Fooga said:
Evandalist said:
SuperTigerWoods said:
Evandalist said:
ITT : Irate gamers {#}rising up{#} in outrage over the flood of garbage games from indie studios and ID@Xbox as if garbage games are somehow a new phenomenon when like 70% of games made from 1980-2000 were horrendous, buggy, frustratingly unplayable pieces of shit.
Thank you for this laughlaughlaugh This brought a smile to my face
Glad you enjoyed it, man.

IDK how old these people are, but the vast majority of video games I played growing up were all broken pieces of trash, and you didn't even get gamerscore from them - You just played them for personal enjoyment, which is apparently an insane concept around here to some. Companies were pushing out licensed video games based on everything from popular TV shows, to children's cartoons, to R-rated movies, and they aggressively marketed them to us when almost all of them fucking sucked. We used to drop $60-$75 on those pieces of shit as kids and you couldn't even return them for a refund once you opened them, yet these dudes are complaining about a fucking $5 game like it's the apocalypse.

I'm in awe.
I love everything you post. So damn true.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP5GeuAJQ3g

<3

EDIT : We couldn't even watch video reviews of games before we bought them, remember that shit? All you had were text articles from magazines like GamePro, Electronic Gaming Monthly, etc... You never got to see the games in action except for 30 second advertising clips in promo spots on TV, and early on lots of gaming magazines were in bed with certain publishers and gave their games higher scores than they deserved for kickbacks. So you'd read a review and think X game was the shit because it got a 5/5 or an 8/10 and then you'd buy it and it would be a broken, buggy, fucked up nightmare, and you couldn't return it for a refund, so your only options were to take the fucking like a man and accept your loss or buckle down and try to learn the ins and outs of this horrific piece of trash through hour long trial and error sessions, hoping to figure out how to beat it so you could get your money's worth. And most games were short as fuck too. We paid $75 for cartridges with 5 levels on them and we were damn happy to do it.

I really can't relate at all to this new gaming outrage culture we seem to have here at TA where people seem to just be bitching for the same of bitching. If a game's achievements are too easy to earn then you're a pleb or a gamerscore whore and it's an outrage because X, Y, or Z. If they're too hard then it's an outrage because X amount of people aren't going to be skilled enough to unlock them so they act like a bunch of malcontents and create petitions on change.org and take to twitter to harass the devs in to altering the requirements.

This place feels like a mental asylum sometimes, I swear. But I do really enjoy occasionally dropping in on the inmates and trying to talk sense to them through the glass.
Here lies a trite quote from somebody in history you might recognize. It's delightfully witty, yet concurrently incisive, and not at all pretentious.
Imothep Czech
Imothep Czech
Posted on 12 April 19 at 17:29
last 3 level too fast for me :-( last achiev missing any one help me?
Hexa Fox
Hexa Fox
Posted on 12 April 19 at 17:31
ArkhmInmate0801 said:
Some people waste $5 every morning at Starbucks. I waste money on shitty games for achievements.
Agreed. Some of the shit people waste money on makes my pointless number that I keep trying to raise look a true sport, rather than a addiction.

I just wish they would reduce the amount of shitty games so I could focus on raising my score with games people actually put effort into. The thing that sucks is the marketing of achievements is escalating. Moving Xbox Live to cover games on Android and Apple devices with achievements will decide whether or not I keep playing.
The Fox Rocks!
Samurai Takeno
Posted on 12 April 19 at 17:42
I only play games that I care about. I never play games for easy GS. Completion is more important then high GS in my book. Didn't bother with Avatar and won't bother with this one either.
O Natalense
O Natalense
Posted on 15 April 19 at 11:43
This is just sad.

I know you could be wasting the $5 on starbucks or drugs or whatever, but it is STILL a waste of money and time on something you are not even enjoying.

BTW, you actually think this is cheap? Think again.

A game for $60 that takes 30 hours to complete everything in achievements costs $0,16 / 5 minute, now this "cheap" game here costs $ 5 dollars / 5 minute.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 15 April 19 at 12:27
A coffee lasts 30 minutes, but gamerscore is forever.
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
spankyNspronkle
Posted on 15 April 19 at 15:11
O Natalense said:
This is just sad.

I know you could be wasting the $5 on starbucks or drugs or whatever, but it is STILL a waste of money and time on something you are not even enjoying.

BTW, you actually think this is cheap? Think again.

A game for $60 that takes 30 hours to complete everything in achievements costs $0,16 / 5 minute, now this {#}cheap{#} game here costs $ 5 dollars / 5 minute.
To be fair, the achievements take 5 minutes... the game takes longer.

They could make a Call of Duty game where the game has 1 achievement that simply says "Push Start". Everyone would finish the game in a second, but people would head to multiplayer and play for hours upon hours afterwards.
Throni360
Throni360
Posted on 15 April 19 at 15:22
O Natalense said:
A game for $60 that takes 30 hours to complete everything in achievements costs $0,16 / 5 minute, now this "cheap" game here costs $ 5 dollars / 5 minute.
Are those 30 hours enjoyable? That's the real question.
StK I
StK I
Posted on 15 April 19 at 16:43, Edited on 15 April 19 at 16:44 by StK I
I'd play it but not for 5 bucks. If it ever drops to a dollar then sure, but hopefully that never happens wink
LiquidSodas
LiquidSodas
Posted on 16 April 19 at 20:01
This sorta reminds me of Demons to diamonds back from the 2600 days
Hooked on phonics
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.