Walkthroughs Forum

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Assassin's Creed III Remastered Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 10 April 19 at 13:53
Please use this thread to discuss the Assassin's Creed III Remastered walkthrough
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 10 April 19 at 14:09
I'll be working on this in the same way I did the Ezio Collection, with making improvements to the already existing walkthroughs. So please bear with me, as it'll take me a while to get this finished.
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 11 April 19 at 13:40, Edited on 23 April 19 at 11:59 by xDaff
If anyone is interested, I've written up to Sequence 3 5 8 11 for AC3, and dumped in all the AC3 360 walkthrough, including the Tyranny of King Washington.

ACL has been put in pretty much as is, except that the story walkthrough is all on one page.

The whole walkthrough is currently sitting at 21 pages.
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 25 April 19 at 13:50
The main story for AC3 is done. There's only one memory (11-2) where there is some discrepancy as to what the optional objective is. I'm hazarding a guess that it was changed, based off of my 360 walkthrough book I'm using as an aid.

If all goes to plan, the rest of AC3's base game will be done by the weekend. I haven't progressed, in the remaster, through much of the AC3 "DLC". So I'll probably do that before deep-diving into rewriting those pages.

I'm tempted to leave ACL as it is for now, with just some minor tidying up. It's in a better state than what AC3 was, and I don't want to mess with it until I've replayed the story using the guide.
hypobonix
hypobonix
Posted on 30 April 19 at 18:52
Appreciate the updates and looking forward to the guide!!
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 01 May 19 at 13:57, Edited on 14 May 19 at 11:21 by xDaff
Thanks! It's slowly getting there. Taken me a lot longer than I anticipated, because this game is surprisingly huge for content.

Here's a bit of a breakdown of how the guide is laid out and progress:

Walkthrough overview - 10%
General hints and tips - 100%
Assassin's Creed III Story Walkthrough - 100%
ACIII: Naval Missions - 100%
ACIII: Privateer Missions - 100%
ACIII: Captain Kidd's Treasure - 100%
ACIII: Homestead Missions - 100%
ACIII: Benjamin Franklin's Inventions - 100%
ACIII: Crafting - 100%
ACIII: Citizen Missions - 100%
ACIII: Liberation Missions & Assassin Recruits - 100%
ACIII: The Underground - 100%
ACIII: Hunting Society - 100%
ACIII: Frontiersmen Club - 100%
ACIII: Boston Brawler Club - 100%
ACIII: Thief's Club - 100%
ACIII: Boston and New York Collectibles - 100%
ACIII: Frontier Collectibles - 100%
ACIII: Miscellaneous Achievements - 100%
ACIII: Tyranny of King Washington: Infamy - 100%
ACIII: Tyranny of King Washington: Betrayal - 100%
ACIII: Tyranny of King Washington: Redemption - 100%
Assassin's Creed Liberation Story Walkthrough -100%
ACL: Side Missions - 100%
ACL: Collectibles - 100%
0% means that the existing walkthrough information is in the guide already, but I haven't fixed it up yet. I'm hoping to make the ACIII: Miscellaneous Achievements page unnecessary, as I want all of the achievements planted in the guide, instead of just at the end.

It is a long walkthrough, and it has been broken out, more for management sake than anything else. I don't want people having to scroll for ages to find something that could be on its own page.

Instead of constantly posting, I'll be editing this post with updates when I can be bothered. I'm aiming for the end of May for completion, but that's entirely dependent on my real life stuff smile
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 14 May 19 at 11:21
Sent for review. I'll still make improvements further down the line, but it's in a publishable state.
transkyman
transkyman
Posted on 21 May 19 at 18:56
xDaff said:
Sent for review. I'll still make improvements further down the line, but it's in a publishable state.
Hi! just a quick question.

AC III for the Xbox360 was very criticized. Ubisoft was very ambitious with this game but this lead to a huge amount of bugs and issues not to mentioned the protagonist lacked of something.

I completed AC III a little bit more than a year ago and it left me with a bad taste.

Given all this. Is it worth playing AC III remastered?

Thanks! toast
Game hard! Looking for spanish speaking gamers to unlock achievements.
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 21 May 19 at 19:16
Personally, I'd say not to play the remaster, given you recently (in comparison to the 360 release) played it and your views on it.

The remaster plays in very much the same way as the 360 version, just with some texture upgrades (and from what I could tell) minor bug fixes. There's no multiplayer in the remaster. It is a huge game, but given that I've played Origins and Odyssey too, AC3 is tiny in comparison.

That being said, I enjoyed playing it the second time more than the first. Connor used to be my least favourite Assassin, now he's not so bad.
Tendoman77
Tendoman77
Posted on 23 May 19 at 15:08
xDaff said:
The remaster plays in very much the same way as the 360 version, just with some texture upgrades (and from what I could tell) minor bug fixes. There's no multiplayer in the remaster. It is a huge game, but given that I've played Origins and Odyssey too, AC3 is tiny in comparison.
Some mechanics of later games got backported, like being able to whistle in bushes now and double assassinations being easier to perform. I think crafting changed a lot too but dunno how it did exactly.

I'm already close to being finished with 3 from using the old 360 walkthrough lol, only got the naval missions to do. Maybe I'll use yours for Liberation if it comes out in time.
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 23 May 19 at 15:47, Edited on 23 May 19 at 15:47 by xDaff
The current Liberations walkthrough is better than what the old 360 one was (the current 360 story guide on here is the one I wrote up - I'm going to be doing the other single player stuff once this remaster is published). At the moment, the Liberations walkthrough is port (I haven't gotten round to playing it yet).

And honestly didn't realise some bits had been backported! It's been so long since I played the 360 version, so thanks for that tidbit of information.
Information Posted on 01 June 19 at 12:27
The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: Assassin's Creed III Remastered Walkthrough
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 02 June 19 at 05:52, Edited on 03 June 19 at 08:04 by xDaff
I've had a couple of things pointed out that need fixing, I'll be sorting it out either today or tomorrow. Please point out anything that needs fixing.

Made some minor tweaks based on feedback I've received. So hopefully that'll go live soon.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.