Xbox Help Forum

Got a problem with your Xbox? Post it in here, someone might be able to help you

Non-home console issue

AuthorMessage
MadMirror
MadMirror
Posted on 11 April 19 at 04:47
When I play my main xbox one x which is not home console and when my internet goes wonky it boot me off games and pop up to say if I own game. Then internet start working I get back on fine then disconnect. It boot me off again and ask same thing. How do you avoid booting off game when internet disconnect?

Should I home my console and or is there a way for it stop happening. My other xbox one S is home console which I dont really want unhome it and home on X. My X is main console and S is for another room.
MadMirror
MadMirror
Posted on 11 April 19 at 04:52
Think I posted it in wrong fourm.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 11 April 19 at 06:33
There is no way, that I know of, to prevent this. The first question is why does your internet constantly drop out? Does it need to be wired?

Otherwise it needs to be your home console to stay in games during internet disconnects.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
MadMirror
MadMirror
Posted on 11 April 19 at 06:54
It usually happens between 4 to 5.30pm weekday then goes bit slow rest of night. Sundays is worst as it half of day. Could been people coming online at same time. not sure. I live in small town with over 2000 population. Fibre isnt coming here til another 2 or 3 years.

Xbox is wired. I'll just home my X so it doesnt happen. General was asking if there was a way but if not it all good.
TangerineGamer
Posted on 11 April 19 at 08:14
I had a sort of similar issue where my internet would drop out around midnight every night. I contacted my ISP who found a fault at the exchange and eventually fixed it.
Might be worth contacting your internet provider for them to run tests, weird that it happens around the same time each day
Yours sincerely, TG
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.