Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Best Xbox One First-Person Shooters Available in 2019

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic619,976
  • Posted on 11 April 19 at 14:55
    A pretty good list. I own all but metro exodus.

I would alter it slightly however. In my opinion titanfall 1 is way better than 2 and would make the list over its sequel for me.
  • Posted on 11 April 19 at 14:58
    Awesome picks, my favorites up there are Bioshock, Titanfall 2 and SUPERHOT. I’m glad to see a couple games I haven’t played but hopefully will some day like The Borderlands series and Metro Exodus, I just need more time!
  • Posted on 11 April 19 at 14:59
    Excellent list, but yeah, Exodus seems a little out of place. Been getting back into Borderlands 2 recently. Man that game has some serious replay value.
  • ClockwerksClockwerks930,839
    Posted on 11 April 19 at 15:03
    Doom being at the top of the list is fitting. One of the best FPS I've played in years. Can't wait for Eternal.

Also, the Bioshock trilogy is deserving of any and all praise it receives. If you haven't played them yet, please do so soon.
  • Posted on 11 April 19 at 15:32
    Modern Warfare Remastered is Call of Duty at its finest and with the 10 year anniversary happening this year for Modern Warfare 2. I have my fingers crossed that it gets the remastered treatment soon!
  • HieronimusHieronimus543,926
    Posted on 11 April 19 at 15:45
    What about Wolfenstein: The New Colossus? Much newer and even better than The Old Blood I'd say.
  • Posted on 11 April 19 at 16:11
    New colossus was very good, but I would put both old blood & the new order above the colossus. Gameplay wise the games are spitting images of each other, however BJ going on & on about borrowing wings from (I forgot her name) was a bit much. I mean I get it. He was crippled and the suit enabled him to press on....but man just give the guy a red bull and get on with it.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty681,248
    Posted on 11 April 19 at 16:25
    Bioshock is by far the best for me. Metro Exodus is absolute garbage, even the original Bioshock looks and plays so much better and is over 10 years older lol.
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,000,964
    Posted on 11 April 19 at 16:26
    Love seeing games on here that I've very much enjoyed. BioShock, Borderlands, Halo, and Wolfenstein are some of my favorite series. And although it was MW2 that got me into CoD, I still played a decent amount of CoD 4 and what it did for FPS at the time was revolutionary in some ways.
  • Posted on 11 April 19 at 16:47
    I honestly couldn't get into Wolfenstein TNO or the recent Doom. They're not bad games at all, don't get me wrong, but there's something about them that makes me feel "meh" about them.

Which is weird as I love those type of old-school games with new-school polish.
  • Posted on 11 April 19 at 16:57
    Loved Doom so much that Doom Eternal is the only game I'll take work off to play, because honestly I just can't wait.

That story line man and those glory kills, a thing of a beauty.
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7498,220
    Posted on 11 April 19 at 17:34
    Ignore the haters. Metro Exodus is awesome.
  • AlterPredAlterPred688,394
    Posted on 11 April 19 at 17:40
    Gypsy Danger889 said:
    A pretty good list. I own all but metro exodus.

I would alter it slightly however. In my opinion titanfall 1 is way better than 2 and would make the list over its sequel for me.
    - You are likely in the minority on Titanfall. The sequel improved on the first in every way, the campaign was great, all the updates were free. The only thing it missed was a couple maps from the original but that happens with every new release of a multiplayer shooter.

- Am I the only one that liked Wolfenstein: New Order way more than Old Blood?
  • AlterPredAlterPred688,394
    Posted on 11 April 19 at 17:46
    Dresden N7 said:
    Ignore the haters. Metro Exodus is awesome.
    I love Metro but Exodus has crashed on me like 5 times playing through, it doesn't really deserve a spot on the list in its current condition.
  • M I K 3 ID vM I K 3 ID v741,054
    Posted on 11 April 19 at 17:57
    Good choices! Seeing these makes me want to play most of them again!
    Doom, Borderlands 2 , Metro and Wolfenstein. All awesome games! smile
  • ElyohElyoh912,826
    Posted on 11 April 19 at 18:21
    DOOM is fantastic, I don't often look forward to new games any more but Eternal definitely has my attention.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,298,476
    Posted on 11 April 19 at 18:22
    Moldy Tacos5000 said:
    Loved Doom so much that Doom Eternal is the only game I'll take work off to play, because honestly I just can't wait.

That story line man and those glory kills, a thing of a beauty.
    You and I, we think alike.
    I pretty much wait for every game I buy to be on sale these days, but Doom Eternal will merit both a brand new purchase and at least a day or two off. I cannot wait. I was hoping for a May release like Doom 2016 but so far I have heard nothing. Please let it be 2019, though!

Another topic: I really, really. REALLY disliked Superhot.
    Always number 2.
  • Posted on 11 April 19 at 18:34
    Most of this list is 360 games Remastered...... Titanfall 2, Doom, and Battlefield 1 stand alone basically.
  • Posted on 11 April 19 at 19:41
    XBox Assassin83 said:
    Most of this list is 360 games Remastered...... Titanfall 2, Doom, and Battlefield 1 stand alone basically.
    Some are but most are not, besides the ones you mentioned, you can also add Metro Exodus, SUPERHOT, Rainbow Six: Seige, DOOM, Overwatch
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.