Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Best Xbox One First-Person Shooters Available in 2019

• Posted on 11 April 19 at 21:42
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    XBox Assassin83 said:
    Most of this list is 360 games Remastered...... Titanfall 2, Doom, and Battlefield 1 stand alone basically.
    Some are but most are not, besides the ones you mentioned, you can also add Metro Exodus, SUPERHOT, Rainbow Six: Seige, DOOM, Overwatch
    I mentioned Doom and I'm fully aware of the other current Gen games but Bioshock Collection is 3 games, Handsome Jack Collection is another 2, COD MW, Masterchief Collection is basically 5 more. Get my point?
  • Posted on 11 April 19 at 23:24
    AlterPred said:
    Gypsy Danger889 said:
    A pretty good list. I own all but metro exodus.

I would alter it slightly however. In my opinion titanfall 1 is way better than 2 and would make the list over its sequel for me.
    - You are likely in the minority on Titanfall. The sequel improved on the first in every way, the campaign was great, all the updates were free. The only thing it missed was a couple maps from the original but that happens with every new release of a multiplayer shooter.

- Am I the only one that liked Wolfenstein: New Order way more than Old Blood?
    He's definitely not alone. Titanfall 1 was faaaaar superior to the sequel. They dumbed down the PvP in TF2 and I bailed out after a week, compared to the hundreds of hours I spent in the original. Only thing good about 2 is the campaign but that only lasted about 8 hours. I should've just rented the game instead of dropping full price day one money on it.
  • Posted on 12 April 19 at 09:30
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    AlterPred said:
    Gypsy Danger889 said:
    A pretty good list. I own all but metro exodus.

I would alter it slightly however. In my opinion titanfall 1 is way better than 2 and would make the list over its sequel for me.
    - You are likely in the minority on Titanfall. The sequel improved on the first in every way, the campaign was great, all the updates were free. The only thing it missed was a couple maps from the original but that happens with every new release of a multiplayer shooter.

- Am I the only one that liked Wolfenstein: New Order way more than Old Blood?
    He's definitely not alone. Titanfall 1 was faaaaar superior to the sequel. They dumbed down the PvP in TF2 and I bailed out after a week, compared to the hundreds of hours I spent in the original. Only thing good about 2 is the campaign but that only lasted about 8 hours. I should've just rented the game instead of dropping full price day one money on it.
    I feel your pain about dropping full price, I bought Gears 4, Titanfall 2, and Battlefield 1 all within the span of 2 months back in October til December 2016 for around $250.00. I only ended up really playing the campaigns of Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 through plus maybe 20 or less hours of multiplayer in the following 2 years because Gears 4 sucked up soo much of my time. Only this passed week can I now say all 3's achievements are completed and Titanfall 2 can be purchased for 4.99, and Battlefield 1 was Free. I basically wasted 200.00
  • Springbok NLSpringbok NL722,942
    Posted on 12 April 19 at 09:55
    Where is Gears Of War 4?
  • Posted on 12 April 19 at 15:50
    Springbok NL said:
    Where is Gears Of War 4?
    Gears is a 3rd person cover based shooter, this list is 1st person shooters.
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,311,209
    Posted on 13 April 19 at 05:20
    Hieronimus said:
    What about Wolfenstein: The New Colossus? Much newer and even better than The Old Blood I'd say.
    New Order was better than both. One of my all-time favorites.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • ElyohElyoh911,876
    Posted on 13 April 19 at 05:46
    XBox Assassin83 said:
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    XBox Assassin83 said:
    Most of this list is 360 games Remastered...... Titanfall 2, Doom, and Battlefield 1 stand alone basically.
    Some are but most are not, besides the ones you mentioned, you can also add Metro Exodus, SUPERHOT, Rainbow Six: Seige, DOOM, Overwatch
    I mentioned Doom and I'm fully aware of the other current Gen games but Bioshock Collection is 3 games, Handsome Jack Collection is another 2, COD MW, Masterchief Collection is basically 5 more. Get my point?
    Not really, you never made a point. So some of the best shooters to play this year came out years ago... And? You're then conflating the amount of older games by adding in all the unmentioned games also in collections and belittled the list of current gen ones by missing off ones you allegedly knew about already to prove this non existent point.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Bastian ReaderBastian Reader1,247,629
    Posted on 28 May 19 at 23:44, Edited on 28 May 19 at 23:47 by Bastian Reader
    My list would be the following (not in order):

1) Wolfenstein: The New Order Achievements
    2) Halo 3 Achievements
    3) DOOM Achievements
    4) Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Achievements
    5)Titanfall Achievement
    6) Halo: Reach Achievements
    7) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Achievements
    8) Call of Duty 2 Achievements
    9) Battlefield 3 Achievements

And yes I loved Titanfall 1 way more than Titanfall 2.

I sadly have not played bioshock or borderlands.

I also was not the biggest fan of Wolfenstein Old Blood. I thought it was a pretty good game, but a step down from New Order.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.