The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Spring Sale 2019

• Elite1111111111Elite11111111111,157,260
    Posted on 12 April 19 at 22:25, Edited on 12 April 19 at 22:25 by Elite1111111111
    My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

Might get Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD Achievements, but anything else I'd consider I either own, or it has DLC. If their DLC ever went on sale I'm sure the game would be in the same sale, so I can wait.
  • KenH2k4KenH2k4594,225
    Posted on 12 April 19 at 23:04
    Legendgenesis said:
    Are Age of Booty, Scarygirl or FLOCK! worth it?
    I remember enjoying my time with Age of Booty
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl249,880
    Posted on 12 April 19 at 23:23
    I swore Budokai was delisted. Will probably pick it up.

Is the Silent Hill HD Collection really as bad as people say?

ClassierPompano said:
    Get both the Xbox Original games if you are interested' they're dirt cheap in this sale and their usual prices are way too expensive.
    Which games are those? They're not clearly marked on this list.
  • OhhJustBQOhhJustBQ1,102,707
    Posted on 12 April 19 at 23:39
    it would be awesome if they had a massive sale dedicated to just DLC
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 April 19 at 02:39
    zeldafanjtl said:

ClassierPompano said:
    Get both the Xbox Original games if you are interested' they're dirt cheap in this sale and their usual prices are way too expensive.
    Destroy All Humans and MX Unleashed. They're 85% off.
  • Posted on 13 April 19 at 03:09
    Omg that bloody winterbottom game i am so freakin sick of seeing that game just delist it already.
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl249,880
    Posted on 13 April 19 at 04:58
    ClassierPompano said:
    zeldafanjtl said:

ClassierPompano said:
    Destroy All Humans and MX Unleashed. They're 85% off.
    Ah, thanks. I picked up the first one last time it was on sale.
  • DeviSlatorDeviSlator529,503
    Posted on 13 April 19 at 08:42
    Wow, don't they realise they'd sell more games if the DLC was discounted too?
  • nirvana8193nirvana8193639,492
    Posted on 13 April 19 at 12:22
    The one I want, isn't even available in UK store anymore. Shame, cause $4.99 for pac man ghostly adventures 2, translated into pound sterling is pretty good.... Oh, well. roll
    Sally I hear something, stop, STOP!
  • Paw McCatneyPaw McCatney1,119,925
    Posted on 13 April 19 at 19:00
    Legendgenesis said:
    Are Age of Booty, Scarygirl or FLOCK! worth it?
    Scarygirl is definitely worth $1.49 at least. I played it recently, and while it has a few frustrating elements, it's generally pretty solid if you like action platformers. There's collectibles, but it has level select if you miss anything. The hardest part is perfecting some of the levels, but only a handful really gave me trouble.

For the prices listed, I'd also recommend checking out Strider, Final Exam, and Mini Ninjas.
    Hey, you! Pipe down!
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead778,369
    Posted on 13 April 19 at 21:15
    DeviSlator said:
    They are not trying to sell more games, they are trying to make more money.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 13 April 19 at 22:33
    Im very tempted about Silent Hill HD collection but i can't stop hearing is really bad. Did the 360 version ever got patched like the PS3 one?

Is it worth the money?
  • NomstuffNomstuff951,838
    Posted on 14 April 19 at 09:02
    HolyHalfDead said:
    DeviSlator said:
    They are not trying to sell more games, they are trying to make more money.
    Pretty much the same thing on titles this old.
  • torrens7760torrens7760257,746
    Posted on 14 April 19 at 14:40
    Damn, I saw Eternal Sonata and hoped it would be on sale in the UK.
    Cogito ergo sum.
  • torrens7760torrens7760257,746
    Posted on 14 April 19 at 14:42, Edited on 14 April 19 at 14:44 by torrens7760
    DarkRaider777 said:
    Im very tempted about Silent Hill HD collection but i can't stop hearing is really bad. Did the 360 version ever got patched like the PS3 one?

Is it worth the money?
    If you've never played the originals, I'd say pick it up at this price. Afaik it's not patched, but if you don't have a PS2 and can't find PS2 copies, I would grab it. And then when you CAN get the originals, you'll be more blown away by the quality. Depends how bad you wanna play it.

Because notwithstanding online prices, physical copies of SH2 and SH3 are somewhere between £15-18. So if you can stand the drop in quality, it's worth it.
    Cogito ergo sum.
  • Posted on 14 April 19 at 17:53
    Resident Evil 4 For me
    Frenchy Wardaddy
  • DonietscheDonietsche475,114
    Posted on 14 April 19 at 21:01, Edited on 14 April 19 at 21:03 by Donietsche
    torrens7760 said:
    DarkRaider777 said:

Is it worth the money?
    If you've never played the originals, I'd say pick it up at this price. Afaik it's not patched, but if you don't have a PS2 and can't find PS2 copies, I would grab it. And then when you CAN get the originals, you'll be more blown away by the quality. Depends how bad you wanna play it.

Because notwithstanding online prices, physical copies of SH2 and SH3 are somewhere between £15-18. So if you can stand the drop in quality, it's worth it.
    Every time the collection goes on sale for a couple of minutes I'm genuinely tempted to buy it. Then rationality kicks in, and I recollect every element (widely documented) that makes the experience miserable, especially by an artistic standpoint.

The technical issues for the most part directly impact on the artistic presentation of those two games (which were flawless in their original format).

For instance, the new V.O. for SH3 (there's no option for the original dub in sh3) are more than enough to ruin the game (they ruin the characterization of the main character for starters).

Even where the game was patched (ps3), it was impossible to fix the huge amount of stuff that taints the integrity of the experience (both visually and in terms of audio design). We should also bear in mind that the collection is not based on the original (final) source code, but on an early internal build.

In my case, I already own the PC versions of both games, and even though they had their own flaws (in comparison to the console version), they are still a way better option than the "HD" collection.

Especially because sh2 (and possibly sh3) have recently received an unofficial "patch" (which is a collection of mods, fixes etc.) that deliver a proper "hd" experience.

So, I kind of concur with you, as my advice would be:

For those who are going to experience the games for the first time, please try to get a copy of the original releases first and foremost.

Either on xbox, ps2 or PC. The PC version benefit from the unofficial patch(es).

If you really want to replay the games (and not experience them for the first time), and if you can't do what I suggested above, you could bite the bullet and buy the collection.

I'd advise against going down this route if the only factor in your decision (collection vs original releases) is the presence of achievements.

Those two games shouldn't be played or replayed with achievements in mind in my humble opinion.
  • DielInfiniteDielInfinite146,408
    Posted on 14 April 19 at 22:12
    The Prince of Persia Epilogue is never going on sale, is it -_-
  • Inferno118Inferno1183,546,684
    Posted on 15 April 19 at 02:31
    So is the German stack of bionic commando rearmed the one that is on sale if I were to switch my region to Germany? Might be a dumb question but I’m not sure
  • halohogghalohogg120,059
    Posted on 15 April 19 at 14:44
    There's a whole bunch of goodies here.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads