The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

The 16 Quickest Game Completions from the Xbox One Spring Sale

  • Noble RoyaleNoble Royale161,807
    Posted on 12 April 19 at 18:26Permalink
    The guy who wrote this hasn't played most of the games on the list in this article so wtf does he know. Doesn't own Black, any of the 3 PAC games or Galaga. I hate when people think they know a game when they haven't even played it once.
  • Posted on 12 April 19 at 18:42Permalink
    BlazingNobleKid said:
    The guy who wrote this hasn't played most of the games on the list in this article so wtf does he know. Doesn't own Black, any of the 3 PAC games or Galaga. I hate when people think they know a game when they haven't even played it once.
    You realise the estimates are based on how quickly users of this site have completed these games and not Dave Horobin, right?
  • Posted on 12 April 19 at 18:57Permalink
    I get everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, but how on earth do so many ppl like abzu. I got recommended it by a friend & it’s probably the worst game I’ve ever played. No dialogue, no story, meaningless collectibles..
  • Posted on 12 April 19 at 19:18Permalink
    Daggerhood is a REALLy easy game to 1000gs. It took me like 10 minutes, if that. You don’t even have to play the whole game. Just the first 12 levels. And each level takes like 30 seconds to beat.
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf432,450
    Posted on 12 April 19 at 19:23Permalink
    I highly recommend paw patrol if you have 4-5 year olds. this was my kids first real dabble into gaming, they loved it. my son was obsessed with finding all the bones. and they asked to play it every day.

    its mind numbing to an adult, but for kids, it was the best game ever.
  • Alfa ArtyAlfa Arty390,212
    Posted on 12 April 19 at 21:34Permalink
    FireRaiser1985 said:
    Estimated time on site: 4-5h
    Estimated time for me: 10-15h
    Me too... almost every game that site says about estimate completion it take me double that time to finish.
  • SeeD RedSeeD Red420,947
    Posted on 12 April 19 at 22:45Permalink
    LifeSuxPlayHALO said:
    Daggerhood is a REALLy easy game to 1000gs. It took me like 10 minutes, if that. You don’t even have to play the whole game. Just the first 12 levels. And each level takes like 30 seconds to beat.
    I'm not ashamed to say so : I actually like that little game 😅
  • XerostomiaXerostomia887,581
    Posted on 12 April 19 at 23:03Permalink
    Virginia was an extremely interesting 'game'. I personally liked it way more than Firewatch. I also really liked Fragments of Him.

    A really interesting genre of games, where the story telling and imagination is great. If you like walking simulator type games, Virginia should not be missed. Somewhat confusing at the end for sure.
  • Posted on 13 April 19 at 04:13Permalink
    WhitestAFI2ICAN said:
    Staring at a brick wall would be more exciting than completing Abzu & Paw Patrol
    Abzu bored me to tears. Thankfully I haven't tried Paw Patrol.
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,226,683
    Posted on 13 April 19 at 04:19Permalink
    WhitestAFI2ICAN said:
    I get everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, but how on earth do so many ppl like abzu. I got recommended it by a friend & it’s probably the worst game I’ve ever played. No dialogue, no story, meaningless collectibles..
    like is a strong word. But for me it was easier to tolerate than f.ex virginia and dear esther..
    And at least they didnt force you to do it twice....with commentary
  • Posted on 13 April 19 at 04:29Permalink
    H3R0 F0R H1R3 said:
    BlazingNobleKid said:
    The guy who wrote this hasn't played most of the games on the list in this article so wtf does he know. Doesn't own Black, any of the 3 PAC games or Galaga. I hate when people think they know a game when they haven't even played it once.
    You realise the estimates are based on how quickly users of this site have completed these games and not Dave Horobin, right?
    Yeah, I'm not sure why he would think that. Not to be rude to you, Blazing, but to show you what H3R0 is talking about, go the achievements page of any game you want and scroll down a bit. There will be some stats shown on the right side of the page like "Achievement Distribution" and stuff. One of them is called "Completion Estimates" which will show a bar graph of different times which users submit via the "Completion Times" under the "Gaming" section in the Gamer Menu. It will also show the the site's estimated completion time, from those stats, in the Game Information Panel on the Achievement page.
  • Posted on 13 April 19 at 05:27Permalink
    derektwopointoh said:
    Isn’t Scrabble still unplayable?
    Scrabble is very easy apart the multiplayer achievement because servers are dead. If you need help for it I will be glad to help since someone else helped me before.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead517,004
    Posted on 13 April 19 at 07:05, Edited on 13 April 19 at 07:09 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    Alfa Arty said:
    FireRaiser1985 said:
    Estimated time on site: 4-5h
    Estimated time for me: 10-15h
    Me too... almost every game that site says about estimate completion it take me double that time to finish.
    People lie about the time it took them to complate a game, and I don't know why. Even if they spent 24 hours prior to playing memorising all the youtube videos about how to complete the game and where all the collectables are, it just isn't possible to complete many of the games on this site in the estimated completion times. If they spend 1 hour waiting at loading screens, or finding matches, and 4 hours playing, they will put the completion at 4 hours and not 5 hours.

    I've seen games with achievements for playing for 20 hours, with completion estimates of 15 hours. I've also seen DLC that has an achievement for getting to level 100 (and it takes 10 hours to get to level 20) where the completion estimate is 1 hour - because they were already level 100 before they started the DLC, and they don't take into consideration the 50 hours they had already spent reaching level 100.

    What is even more misleading is that if 20 people say they completed a game in 2 hours, 100 people say they completed a game in 3 hours, 80 say 4 hours, 80 say 5 hours and 80 say 6 hours and 80 say 8 hours, the estimated completion on TA is 3 hours.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • RainleafRainleaf950,850
    Posted on 13 April 19 at 07:48Permalink
    WhitestAFI2ICAN said:
    I get everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, but how on earth do so many ppl like abzu. I got recommended it by a friend & it’s probably the worst game I’ve ever played. No dialogue, no story, meaningless collectibles..
    Abzu for me was a waste of time >P
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76473,040
    Posted on 13 April 19 at 08:46, Edited on 13 April 19 at 08:49 by SilentJay76Permalink
    While a large percentage of user completion estimates are completely ridiculous (Quantum Break estimates range from 0-1 to 200+ hours), the average is usually pretty close.

    Which doesn't mean that a game is easy to complete. The Arcade Game Series (for example) has a high ratio for a reason. Look at the completion estimates, look at the ratio, and you should have a fairly good idea of how you might fare...
  • H1DD3NH1DD3N238,326
    Posted on 13 April 19 at 14:52Permalink
    My daughter loves paw patrol, so I guess I have someone to play it for me 😂
  • Noble RoyaleNoble Royale161,807
    Posted on 13 April 19 at 15:51Permalink
    Obviously it's based on the estimated times for completion, I'm not an idiot. But Dave posted the article so it would be nice if he actually knew what he was talking about and I would certainly hope he would have at least played the games in his articles.
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,226,683
    Posted on 13 April 19 at 16:23Permalink
    BlazingNobleKid said:
    Obviously it's based on the estimated times for completion, I'm not an idiot. But Dave posted the article so it would be nice if he actually knew what he was talking about and I would certainly hope he would have at least played the games in his articles.
    I don't see how that makes a difference. The sites estimated times are the same. No matter if he played the game or not.
    Wouldn't it be more incorrect if he used his personal times, and ignored 500 people's votes?
  • TARTANROSSTARTANROSS570,946
    Posted on 13 April 19 at 18:19Permalink
    Yes like ACA games have easy ratings but lots are hard I don't buy them anymore or other easy games as I found lots aren't easy I have Dyspraxia so it makes it more harder for me
  • Posted on 13 April 19 at 22:13Permalink
    Depending on what you call easy, the list could vary. If easy means you can be a potato at games and still complete. A lot of these games go straight off the list. If you are like me and easy is just a small amount of skill at specific areas, usually late game, the arcade games are not too bad except I had trouble with Dig Dug.
    DubstepEdgelord
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.