kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 12 April 19 at 16:25
A spectacular wreck

Please click here to read the story: Dangerous Driving Review
Billargh
Billargh
Posted on 12 April 19 at 16:42
That's a shame, I was looking forward to this.
ClassierPompano
Posted on 12 April 19 at 16:45
Think I'll stick to emulating Burnout 1 and 2 on Dolphin then.
WorKev
WorKev
Posted on 12 April 19 at 16:58
Started this the other day and I agree it’s shocking!
Going round corners the signs are all the wrong way round headspin
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 12 April 19 at 17:49
K3VC85 said:
That sounds like... Dangerous Driving to me.
PickAxPete
PickAxPete
Posted on 12 April 19 at 17:50, Edited on 12 April 19 at 17:56 by PickAxPete
The game is functional and has bursts of fun, but lacks charm and character. Played on PC, and some of the issues you mention are present there too: cars bouncing around weirdly, exploding after crashing into air, spawning upside-down or behind a barrier after a crash, cars falling through the map, etc. The stuttering in tunnels happens a lot too, and it's really annoying in a game that requires quick reactions. A patch is definitely needed. PC version doesn't have achievements either.

I had this happen to me too. The bug can be replicated, so it's not an isolated incident.

Crashes lack impact, and there's not much damage modeling either. Sound effects are weak, and there's no in-game music. There's one song that plays on menu screens, and while it's good, you'll get tired of hearing it because it plays a lot.

One design decision is really weird: persistent wrecks. Wrecked cars stay on the course the whole race, and they're hard to avoid. Eventually, I stopped going for takedowns because I knew I'd have to drive around the car at 200 MPH on the next lap. Makes you drive *less* dangerously, not more.

I pre-ordered the game too but didn't get the bonus car that was supposed to come with it. Asked the developer about it and they never responded. That's just a personal gripe and doesn't reflect on the quality of the game, though.

Dangerous Driving is an average game that's very good once in a while, but not often enough. I'd give it a 6/10. If you really want a good new smash 'em up racing game, I'd recommend waiting for the console version of Wreckfest.
WorKev
WorKev
Posted on 12 April 19 at 17:52
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
K3VC85 said:
That sounds like... Dangerous Driving to me.
Ah it’s meant to be like that redface
xLsWx
xLsWx
Posted on 12 April 19 at 18:07
Irony is - ive seen good reviews for this - i think reviewers paid for this one...
Stonecold81
Stonecold81
Posted on 12 April 19 at 18:49
Please...don't buy this piece of s..t
THEpaynexkiller
Posted on 12 April 19 at 18:52
xLsWx said:
Irony is - ive seen good reviews for this - i think reviewers paid for this one...
It's hard to say it's a bad game when they gave it away to some of us for free. I actually like the game, it's everything I wanted from a Burnout clone but then not paying £30 for it... Yeah, it's definitely not worth that.
crimsonidol38
Posted on 12 April 19 at 19:44
PickAxPete said:
I had this happen to me too. The bug can be replicated, so it's not an isolated incident.
That bug is hilarious. smile

I played a bit of DD on the PS4 and it's a bug-ridden experience there, too. One time I crashed into the traffic and the slow-mo didn't activate during that crash scene but right after when I was able to drive again. Time moved at half speed for me but the AI-racer was able to drive normally, therefor turning a 30 second lead into a lose with a time difference of about 5 seconds which was kinda annoying as I was about 1 mile away from the finish line.

PickAxPete said:
Crashes lack impact, and there's not much damage modeling either. Sound effects are weak, and there's no in-game music.
The sounds feel really off for the takedowns. It seems like they recycled that same sound from Danger Zone 1 + 2 which played when a car crashed thanks to your moves. I mean it way okay in those games as it was some sort of aural indication that you got some additional points but in DD it feels unfitting.

Overall the game feels like a lackluster experience and it's really depressing to see that the old games are still more enjoyable due to a way better presentation although they were way more limited when it comes to things like graphics but they were still way more detailed and the environments were at least distinguishable.
PickAxPete
PickAxPete
Posted on 12 April 19 at 20:44
xLsWx said:
I've seen a few very positive reviews, but most of them said the game was pretty average.
eHead
eHead
Posted on 12 April 19 at 22:26
Oh dear, I had high hopes gor I this.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 12 April 19 at 22:44
Wow disappointing as I was looking at this. Good to know it's safe to avoid for now.
allstar738
allstar738
Posted on 13 April 19 at 00:08
xLsWx said:
Yes, an indie team of 7 people who had to make 2 previous games just to get the funding to make this game paid for a few good reviews. Seems legit.
MC PHILABUSTA
MC PHILABUSTA
Posted on 13 April 19 at 05:32
Lol I'll get this on sale :)
appare13
appare13
Posted on 13 April 19 at 12:47
I played for 6 or 7 hours now ans really like it. Not sure what is meant with 'unplayable' events in the Coupe-class, I just finished those without too mich problems. Yes, the Game lacks some polishing, but I'm enjoying it a lot.
planting42
planting42
Posted on 13 April 19 at 15:07, Edited on 13 April 19 at 15:08 by planting42
xLsWx said:
An Xbox One digital code was provided by the Dangerous Driving team.
Or was there something else you were inferring?
Balnazzard
Balnazzard
Posted on 13 April 19 at 16:34, Edited on 13 April 19 at 16:38 by Balnazzard
What a shame we still didnt get worthy successor to Burnout =(

I'll always be mad at EA for first moving Criterion to work with NFS (thus killing Burnout) and then reducing Criterion to support studio for other games =( Even though NFS games might benefitted from that briefly with Hot Pursuit (2010) and Most Wanted (2012) in terms of quality, Burnout should not have died for NFS.....even if it always was the more popular racing game for EA unfortunately
M4DE IN W4LE5
Posted on 14 April 19 at 17:36
Im staying away from this title, i was burned with Danger Zone 2 , me being mystified with its looks. Mos def pick it up when it gets slashed .
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.