Game Discussion: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Forum

A brief roadmap to complete Sekiro on Xbox

AuthorMessage
vSully
vSully
Posted on 30 May 19 at 13:37, Edited on 30 May 19 at 13:38 by vSully
Fooga said:
The game is much faster in 2 playthroughs in the long run.
Outskirts Stairway Idol samurai give:

662 xp in NG
927 xp in NG+
1392 xp in NG++

Seeing as you need to grind hundreds of thousands of xp for the up to 40 skill points needed, the sheer amount of extra runs that are essentially the same speed at ~2/3 the xp is staggering. Instead of, say, 200 runs (conservative estimate), you have to do 300. This is easily two hours of extra grinding. Plus you have to ensure that your cloud fuckery on playthrough two for the shura ending works.

The only possible way two playthroughs would be faster is if you are so bad at the game that you can't get through the third playthrough quickly. Literally all you have to do is run past everything to Gyoubu, Genichiro, Corrupted Monk, Guardian Ape, Owl, and Divine Dragon. Even if that takes as long as all the extra runs of grinding in NG+ (it shouldn't), wouldn't you rather play through a quick playthrough than do the same mindless crap for an extra two hours?
EbonHawk01
EbonHawk01
Posted on 03 June 19 at 16:47
I wanted to mention, the Shura save scum on playthrough 2 didn’t work for me. After reloading the save, the game placed me at a point where the fight with Emma would start automatically after interacting with Owl. I’m aware of others having the same issue. I ended up having to do almost an entire third playthrough which I had hoped to avoid. Some of the bosses on NG+2 were a real pain since their damage output increases greatly in each NG cycle, but the player character’s vitality and posture remains capped after finding all the prayer beads.
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 15 June 19 at 08:53, Edited on 15 June 19 at 09:08 by Fooga
vSully said:
Outskirts Stairway Idol samurai give:

662 xp in NG
927 xp in NG+
1392 xp in NG++

Seeing as you need to grind hundreds of thousands of xp for the up to 40 skill points needed, the sheer amount of extra runs that are essentially the same speed at ~2/3 the xp is staggering. Instead of, say, 200 runs (conservative estimate), you have to do 300. This is easily two hours of extra grinding. Plus you have to ensure that your cloud fuckery on playthrough two for the shura ending works.
An extra 2 hours for 100 kills? We definitely used different spots. The one I’m thinking of is towards the end in the antechamber and he’s right next to idol. It takes less than 15 seconds to kill him and reset it. That’s an extra 25 minutes at most. PowerPyx explains how to do the “cloud fuckery” pretty well. Took me a few tries to beat the Shura boss but it let me reload no problem. As long as you don’t exit the game while deleting the save you’re fine.

vSully said:
The only possible way two playthroughs would be faster is if you are so bad at the game that you can't get through the third playthrough quickly.
Not sure if this is directed at me or you mean in general. I probably wouldn’t have had any problems doing it, but it didn’t seem worth it.

vSully said:
Literally all you have to do is run past everything to Gyoubu, Genichiro, Corrupted Monk, Guardian Ape, Owl, and Divine Dragon. Even if that takes as long as all the extra runs of grinding in NG+ (it shouldn't), wouldn't you rather play through a quick playthrough than do the same mindless crap for an extra two hours?
But that’s the thing. YOU can speedrun it, I probably could have, but you can’t use your personal skill to gauge someone else’s. I’m sure the average person going for the completion had a tough time with a lot of the bosses in even the first playthrough (if going by friends reactions), so I can almost guarantee it would take them well over two hours just to get to that third playthrough spot, which would mean in the end they wasted time when they could’ve just grinded the skill points in playthrough 2.

In the end it’s a grind no matter what, and I’m not saying your way is wrong. But like I suggested to you originally, an option should be presented if someone doesn’t wanna go through the game a third time, which will most likely give the average person quite a bit of trouble.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.