Game Discussion: World War Z Forum

Glitch achievment pistol only

AuthorMessage
Punk Core Gamer
Punk Core Gamer
Posted on 13 April 19 at 20:57
I finished like 6 or 7 game using only the first pistol never get the achiev seems glitch for me
Texans2K2
Texans2K2
Posted on 14 April 19 at 19:37
two people on TA have the achievement so it worked at one time then. maybe computer players have to use pistols too.
jortat
jortat
Posted on 15 April 19 at 13:32
You have to careful not to run out of pistol ammo as the weapon auto switches to your primary and that glitched it for me,even though i didnt fire it. Dont melee either. I got the ach when i kept my ammo topped up.
SOBE44
SOBE44
Posted on 16 April 19 at 04:39
Mine isn't working either. I made sure to always have ammo, never did a melee attack, no grenades.
Rhinne
Rhinne
Posted on 16 April 19 at 04:50
Same here.

All classes start with a different weapon, so you have to switch to the pistol first. I don't see a way to start with the pistol right away, but even switching immediately, never firing it or running out of ammo I can't get that achievement to pop.
mcnichoj
mcnichoj
Posted on 16 April 19 at 11:44
I got it fine even with ammo running out twice.
FPS GLIMMER
FPS GLIMMER
Posted on 16 April 19 at 15:29
Glitched for me too. Not sure why. I suspect i wasnt connected to their servers? At the end it said unable to connect. Taking a break and trying again
FPS GLIMMER
FPS GLIMMER
Posted on 16 April 19 at 16:38
It unlocked when i was connected to the server. Had to do it one more time
WarriorWithinUK
Posted on 16 April 19 at 19:24
FPS GLIMMER said:
It unlocked when i was connected to the server. Had to do it one more time
Which mission and did you do it solo offline or online with others?
WarriorWithinUK
Posted on 16 April 19 at 20:06
Nevermind I got it even though I wasn't connected to the server did it solo.
Rhinne
Rhinne
Posted on 17 April 19 at 02:45
I've done the first stage now five times without firing anything but the pistol, yet still no achievement.

The last two matches gave me 1xp towards the primary weapon despite not using it all. The primary weapon is equipped when starting the round, but I switch to the pistol immediately and use nothing but. No melee, no traps, not even any first aid kits.

I got the achievements for no friendly fire and no first aid kits, but pistol only will still not unlock.
Ale386
Ale386
Posted on 17 April 19 at 14:14
Rhinne said:
I got the achievements for no friendly fire and no first aid kits, but pistol only will still not unlock.
Same here. I also tried to complete a mission without running out of ammo.
Rashaka1
Rashaka1
Posted on 18 April 19 at 06:37
When it unlocked for me, I didn't use anything at all in the mission. I did not pick up any weapons of any kind, I didn't not use my LB special ability. I didn't use mounted machine guns and I didn't put up any auto turrets and I never used melee.
XUSFX
XUSFX
Posted on 18 April 19 at 10:19, Edited on 18 April 19 at 10:20 by XUSFX
Rashaka1 said:
When it unlocked for me, I didn't use anything at all in the mission. I did not pick up any weapons of any kind, I didn't not use my LB special ability. I didn't use mounted machine guns and I didn't put up any auto turrets and I never used melee.
Done that and still did not unlock for me. I even did not use medkit. Unless you didn't fire your pistol too? I did go down and got revived once tho if that matters
Ale386
Ale386
Posted on 18 April 19 at 14:24
Also, I have another problem. The ARK-103 doesn't seem to level up anymore. I tried everything so far, but nothing. It stopped at 59 EXP at Level 4.

Amazing. What I should expect next?
Boyuo
Boyuo
Posted on 19 April 19 at 20:52
Same here regarding pistol. Tried multiple combinations including changing levels, mp vs sp, and swapping characters.
Ale386
Ale386
Posted on 20 April 19 at 02:25
Ok, I managed to unlock this achievement yesterday at my first try by following these rules. These are just a combination of the things people said in this thread plus some that i made up by myself.

Keep in mind that most of these rules are probably optional, but you know, it's better safe than sorry. Others, are fairly obvious, but I tought it was better to point them out.

First off, I did this on Episode 1 (New York), Chapter 1 (Descent), but you can probably to this in any Episode or Chapter you like. Second, I played on the Easy difficulty, there's no need to play on a higher difficulty to obtain this achievement.

Here's what you should do:
1) Don't skip cutscenes.
2) As soon as you have control of your character, don't move neither your character nor the camera, instead, switch to your pistol.
3) Don't heal your allies.
4) Don't use melee weapons.
5) Don't use your equipment (Grenades, Breach Charges etc.).
6) Don't deploy or use any turret or barbed wire.
7) Don't change any weapon.
8) Don't replenish the ammo for your pistol. Just let the bots do their job by killing most of the enemies. Save your ammo for the special infected enemies.
9) Don't heal yourself.
10) Don't use the heavy weapon.
11) Don't let the ammo counter for the pistol get to 0. You should always have at least one bullet in your last magazine. In this way, you won't automatically change to your primary weapon too.
12) Don't switch weapons. Even if you don't shoot with your primary weapon, it's better to stick with the pistol.
13) Don't get downed by zombies. It's totally fine if a bull or another special type of infected grabs you, but make sure the bots are alive and in the surroundings, to hrlp you in case that happens.
14) Don't use the primary weapon.

Again, I know that most of these rules are quite ridiculous, but if you want to try literally everything before waiting for a patch that will hopefully fix the achievement, this is what you should do.
xx Kenshira xx
xx Kenshira xx
Posted on 20 April 19 at 08:35, Edited on 20 April 19 at 08:36 by xx Kenshira xx
I got the ach, level 1. I was host in online coop. Played the medic, swapped to pistol and killed. Never used stim as I noticed it voided. You can refill ammo and use health packs. Because I did that on that run. You cannot use defensive items like turrets traps etc. You must be playing in the match from the start. Because it counts the use for the bot before you join. I didn't melee either
SiciBeiBei66
SiciBeiBei66
Posted on 20 April 19 at 13:12
Finally,I unlocked the achievement!
Just like Texans2K2 said, turn off game in dashboard and loaded up fresh!!!!!!
I used turret and barbed wire,heal myself and teammate in 1-1.
I try it about 10 times, I think It's a bug that auto increase a little exp for primary weapon.
So turn off game and loaded up fresh!!!!!!
Shanklvitz
Shanklvitz
Posted on 20 April 19 at 14:09
When you reset your game and start up a new one, make sure you switch to your pistol before even moving your character
NO TIKI... NO LAUNDRY
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.