TA Playlist Forum

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Vote Now for May 2019's TA Playlist Game

AuthorMessage
LilGurgi
LilGurgi
Posted on 15 April 19 at 16:40
I'm not a co-op guy so I don't have any of these games, but I voted for Strange Brigade as that was one that I was at least contemplating in the past.
Alchemist xPTKx
Posted on 15 April 19 at 16:55
ZAT as its the only one I own
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 15 April 19 at 17:39
Strange Brigade is the only one I really fancy...and it's one third the completion time of the next quickest game.
Legohead 1977
Rista B
Rista B
Posted on 15 April 19 at 18:26
Armstrong x360a said:
Thoughts on Ashen? I might consider starting it, but I’ve really avoided DS style games to date. I did like Hellblade which was kinda DS-Lite, and has an awesome story and immersive world (perhaps the most immersive I’ve ever played).

How does Ashen compare ranked between DS and Hellblade as far as story and difficulty?
Haven't played DS, but did play Demon Souls and Hellblade. I can't say that Ashen is more difficult than either of those games. I'm probably about half way done with Ashen but I can't recommend it. The co-op in it is terrible either on or off. If it's on about 80% of the time my human partner runs off and I never see them again. If it's off 50% of the time the freakin AI runs off, gets stuck or dies at the worst moment because they charge in and get killed leaving it ten times harder to actually get through the fight because now all the enemies are focused on you. The fighting mechanics are not nearly as precise as Demon Souls and that takes most of the fun out of the combat. I don't like the game. I guess if this gets picked it will give me an excuse to push through the rest of it. Blech.
Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
EazyE2285
EazyE2285
Posted on 15 April 19 at 22:51
Ashen. Only one I've got
Old Zengunner
Old Zengunner
Posted on 16 April 19 at 00:29
I voted for ZAT. I have Strange Brigade but I want to save it for the Bean Dive.
GRAND NOBLE
GRAND NOBLE
Posted on 16 April 19 at 02:52
ASHEN
the only one I'll play...

Strange brigade has FOUR DLC!!!! fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that

And doesn't Zombie game have discontinued achvs???
Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
I Mindhunter I
Posted on 16 April 19 at 08:58
NicoleRenee00 said:
Ashen is on gamepass, and I enjoyed what I've played so far, so that has my vote.
It says in the article that all of these games are on Game Pass
Koding
Koding
Posted on 16 April 19 at 11:55
This is the first month in a long while where there hasn't been at least one game in the list I really wanted to play. Guess I'll abstain from voting and just play whatever gets the win for the month.
59 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA! Over 3,300 achievements/trophies earned in LEGO games!
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 16 April 19 at 14:58, Edited on 16 April 19 at 15:01 by HawkeyeBarry20
GRAND NOBLE said:
ASHEN
the only one I'll play...

Strange brigade has FOUR DLC!!!! fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that

And doesn't Zombie game have discontinued achvs???
Don’t think so. At least there’s nothing on its homepage about having one. I did see in the forums some people were having problems with achievements popping but that was a while ago so I’m guessing a patch maybe cleaned this issue up?
te5s3rakt
te5s3rakt
Posted on 17 April 19 at 09:20
None for me this month I’m afraid.
I miss the monthly podcast on these. TA Playlist somehow feels lacking without it.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 17 April 19 at 10:27, Edited on 17 April 19 at 10:27 by Elyoh
buttmudBrooks said:
I've never actually played the Vermintide series, but it looks similar to the style of game that Left 4 Dead is. Am I right to assume this? If so, I am going to get right on that.
Very similar. Just a medieval version, so swords/hammers/bows/magic instead of guns, and rats instead of zombies laugh So if you have a few good friends to play with, it's fantastic fun.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Osmo76
Osmo76
Posted on 17 April 19 at 12:05
I think I'll sit this one out. Oh well, got my gold TA Playlist badge this month, anyway. toast
XBox Assassin83
Posted on 18 April 19 at 06:15
ZAT and Strange Brigade are fantastic games, either one of these but I've already completed them.
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 19 April 19 at 12:48
I'll be sitting out in May.
ZW
ZW
Posted on 20 April 19 at 05:50
Opting out as well
??ZW???????????????????????????????????
Armstrong x360a
Posted on 20 April 19 at 13:52
Rista B said:
Armstrong x360a said:
Thoughts on Ashen? I might consider starting it, but I’ve really avoided DS style games to date. I did like Hellblade which was kinda DS-Lite, and has an awesome story and immersive world (perhaps the most immersive I’ve ever played).

How does Ashen compare ranked between DS and Hellblade as far as story and difficulty?
Haven't played DS, but did play Demon Souls and Hellblade. I can't say that Ashen is more difficult than either of those games. I'm probably about half way done with Ashen but I can't recommend it. The co-op in it is terrible either on or off. If it's on about 80% of the time my human partner runs off and I never see them again. If it's off 50% of the time the freakin AI runs off, gets stuck or dies at the worst moment because they charge in and get killed leaving it ten times harder to actually get through the fight because now all the enemies are focused on you. The fighting mechanics are not nearly as precise as Demon Souls and that takes most of the fun out of the combat. I don't like the game. I guess if this gets picked it will give me an excuse to push through the rest of it. Blech.
Thanks! This sounds like a definite avoid for me then, the co-op sounds highly aggravating, especially since I usually greatly prefer to play co-op with friends rather than ransoms and this game doesn’t even support connecting directly. How silly!

Thanks again for your mini-review.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.