Industry News Forum

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Xbox Gameplay Chart: Week Ending April 14th, 2019

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 15 April 19 at 15:00
Latest gameplay data for Xbox gamers from across the globe

Please click here to read the story: Xbox Gameplay Chart: Week Ending April 14th, 2019
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 15 April 19 at 15:21, Edited on 15 April 19 at 15:21 by HawkeyeBarry20
I don’t think any of the new releases will make the top 40. I’m going to be doing my part to get The Walking Dead in the rankings, I’m excited to play A New Frontier.
Musikfreak007
Musikfreak007
Posted on 15 April 19 at 15:45
Surprised Borderlands 2 held steady after its bump from BL3 announcement hype.
Also really interesting to see Black Ops 2 randomly show back up on the list.
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 15 April 19 at 15:52
I will be playing A New Frontier and the 2nd episode of Life Is Strange 2 when it's available... If nobody's played it yet, give Korgan a go. It's an easy 1000 Gamerscore at about 3 or 4 hours depending on playstyle.

Black Ops 2 showing up was no surprise honestly. That game was fantastic. Just wish I had a good crew to do the last zombie related achievements with...
There is always a way.
Vok 250
Vok 250
Posted on 15 April 19 at 16:46
When you see these lists, it's a lot easier to understand why publishers want "games as a service" instead of traditional singleplayer/co-op experiences. Assassin's Creed and Borderlands are the only traditional offline games on the list. GTAV and RDR2 are there, but I think we can safely assume most players are in the online portions of those games.

I've got nothing against multiplayer live-service games, but I definitely miss the days when games were simple static experiences and every item was part of the game world. I've been playing a lot of Nintendo 1st party games and old 360 games and it's night and day. It's jarring coming back to games on this list and being bombarded with ads, virtual currency, endless grinding, and microtransactions.
eayragt
eayragt
Posted on 15 April 19 at 16:57
Vok 250 said:
When you see these lists, it's a lot easier to understand why publishers want "games as a service" instead of traditional singleplayer/co-op experiences. Assassin's Creed and Borderlands are the only traditional offline games on the list. GTAV and RDR2 are there, but I think we can safely assume most players are in the online portions of those games.

I've got nothing against multiplayer live-service games, but I definitely miss the days when games were simple static experiences and every item was part of the game world. I've been playing a lot of Nintendo 1st party games and old 360 games and it's night and day. It's jarring coming back to games on this list and being bombarded with ads, virtual currency, endless grinding, and microtransactions.
I think there are plenty of people playing single player games - but they're split out over 100's of different titles, and generally for less time. Players are more focused on certain MP titles, partly because when the community dies so does the game. However the community seems to be able to support an ever growing number of MP games.
Say everything with a smile
Stinky Big Buds
Posted on 15 April 19 at 17:15
The only game i've played is BDO and it's not even in the charts :P

Even though I love my MP I would like to see more SP games in there I just can't stop playing MP games to contribute :P
Lord Betus
Lord Betus
Posted on 15 April 19 at 17:47, Edited on 15 April 19 at 17:48 by Lord Betus
It is interesting seeing Black Ops II on this list. Especially since I couldn't seem to find any lobbies that weren't hacked when I tried playing it a few weeks ago.

Vok 250 said:
As far as this goes, heck yes. A lot of the 360 games still hold up well today. I have gone back and been playing the COD mw2 and mw3 campaigns in hopes that mw4 will come out this year. They both still hold up really well in my opinion, and the only noticeable difference between them and mw remastered is the graphics (and even that isn't a big deal). Gameplay is much more important to me than graphics. I am very much enjoying backwards compatibility.

I feel like the stat that I heard was something like 4 percent of xbox players are playing backwards compatible games. I don't have a source or anything so please correct me if that is wrong. But I think that we could start to show companies how important and good these old games and practices are if we were to go back and be playing them.

So for that reason I love seeing games like borderlands 2 hold their spots on this list
XGC NiteHalcyon
Posted on 15 April 19 at 21:21
Wow.....Anthem. RIP in Peace.
Vr English
Vr English
Posted on 16 April 19 at 08:33
eayragt said:
Vok 250 said:
When you see these lists, it's a lot easier to understand why publishers want {#}games as a service{#} instead of traditional singleplayer/co-op experiences. Assassin's Creed and Borderlands are the only traditional offline games on the list. GTAV and RDR2 are there, but I think we can safely assume most players are in the online portions of those games.

I think there are plenty of people playing single player games - but they're split out over 100's of different titles, and generally for less time. Players are more focused on certain MP titles, partly because when the community dies so does the game. However the community seems to be able to support an ever growing number of MP games.
I agree with Vok's sentiment and eayragt's answer.

I'd also say that we as a site aren't representative of the public and most people are far more casual so they'd play maybe 40 hours of a campaign for a week but maybe 1-2 hours of FIFA or fortnite a night for a year which adds up to a lot more.
SilentJay76
SilentJay76
Posted on 16 April 19 at 11:39, Edited on 16 April 19 at 11:40 by SilentJay76
Vr English said:
I'd also say that we as a site aren't representative of the public and most people are far more casual so they'd play maybe 40 hours of a campaign for a week but maybe 1-2 hours of FIFA or fortnite a night for a year which adds up to a lot more.
40 hours a week? Not sure which world you're living in, but most casual players don't manage that much in a month! wink

Heck, I'm a passionate gamer and I don't get in much more than 15-20 hours a week.
Stinky Big Buds
Posted on 17 April 19 at 13:26
SilentJay76 said:
Vr English said:
40 hours a week? Not sure which world you're living in, but most casual players don't manage that much in a month! wink

Heck, I'm a passionate gamer and I don't get in much more than 15-20 hours a week.
This chart isn't from only people that visit this site, less than 25% of the data used to make these charts are from people that visit this site.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.