Game Discussion: Forza Street (Win 10) Forum

How exactly you are supposed to complete this game?

AuthorMessage
erod550
erod550
Posted on 29 April 19 at 09:27
Armstrong x360a said:
Larvi, how many hours did you put in for the completion?

And... is this game actually any fun to play? I love FH and am tempted to play this but have some serious hesitations about the grind. Is it enjoyable or just tedious?
This has nothing to do with Forza Horizon. It's barely a racing game at all. It's more just mindless clicking and waiting for fuel and for the next day's upgrade races to be available. And lootboxes. It's awful. Unless you are a Forza completionist I would stay far, far away.
Armstrong x360a
Posted on 29 April 19 at 14:18
erod550 said:
Armstrong x360a said:
Larvi, how many hours did you put in for the completion?

And... is this game actually any fun to play? I love FH and am tempted to play this but have some serious hesitations about the grind. Is it enjoyable or just tedious?
This has nothing to do with Forza Horizon. It's barely a racing game at all. It's more just mindless clicking and waiting for fuel and for the next day's upgrade races to be available. And lootboxes. It's awful. Unless you are a Forza completionist I would stay far, far away.
Good to know, thank you!

I’d like to complete the FH series someday but I’m far from a Forza completionist overall. There are way too many discontinued FM achievements I’ll never be able to get. So sounds like I’ll pass on this one and save myself the trouble! Too bad too, I was excited when they announced a new Forza iteration/type last month.
Larvi
Larvi
Posted on 29 April 19 at 15:48
The game doesn't have an hour tracker that I know of but it took me about 2.5 months playing daily multiple times a day so it was definitely over 100 hours.

But they have added a lot of stuff recently such as the daily rewards and challenges and duplicate rewards that weren't there for most of the time I was playing so you should be able to progress faster than I did.

But I can't recommend the game unless you don't really care about the completion. It is fun for a bit in the beginning for a short while but quickly turns into tedium and frustration at the end
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 30 April 19 at 21:34
Yep, it's horrendous. Keeps giving me one-star cars and then immediately after an offer to buy a three-star car with real money pops up.

Seems as if the car you win from a spin is decided when you release the click, I quit the game immediately after seeing the car I won was one-star but I still received it.
Here be dragons.
C3LLDW3LLER
C3LLDW3LLER
Posted on 02 May 19 at 20:35
How exactly are you meant to start this game when it doesn't start?
SWYD1
SWYD1
Posted on 04 May 19 at 23:03, Edited on 04 May 19 at 23:05 by SWYD1
Mine didn't work in the beginning as well, but it worked after a computer restart.

Can someone explain to me what those crates are for (brown or black/white, 2 or 3 stars)?
I can't see them having any effect at all, even after dominating EP1, EP2 and 50% of EP3.
Rod Locksley
Posted on 05 May 19 at 03:58
SWYD1 said:
Mine didn't work in the beginning as well, but it worked after a computer restart.

Can someone explain to me what those crates are for (brown or black/white, 2 or 3 stars)?
I can't see them having any effect at all, even after dominating EP1, EP2 and 50% of EP3.
Crates give you random items once you finish an event. Their content is shown in the "event rewards" screen
vXTotalChaosXv
Posted on 05 May 19 at 15:14
Finished the 2nd chapter today. Now the real grind begins. I have a decent Classic Sports car that should get me through the first part and probably a good enough Classic Muscle to get me through part two. I don't know what I'm gonna do for Classic Street and Classic Super though. I don't have anything even close to good enough, even with max tuning. Gotta get lucky on some car spins...…...
R3DH4MM3R
R3DH4MM3R
Posted on 05 May 19 at 17:26
Yep, that's where I'm stuck atm as well.

Completed the Super Part of Episode 3 but now I'm lacking a Classic Street car.
I've got all 3 cars and the Skyline and the Capri are both on the brink of promotion (I need 1 more card to reach 3 stars) but the only Classic Street coins I can get require Classic Street cars...
Stupid!

So I have to hope to spin 1 of these 2 cars with the all random cards...
Today I grinded out the last possible 5000 coins I could barely get... So had a 66% chance of getting one of the two cars I needed... And guess what - I got the BMW -.-

But the other coins are impossible to reach... beating a 543 with a 498... no way (especially if you get the track with the 2 long straights - it might be possible on the track with the jump at the end because AI is usually pretty weak)
Rod Locksley
Posted on 05 May 19 at 20:19, Edited on 05 May 19 at 20:19 by Rod Locksley
R3DH4MM3R said:
But the other coins are impossible to reach... beating a 543 with a 498... no way (especially if you get the track with the 2 long straights - it might be possible on the track with the jump at the end because AI is usually pretty weak)
I beat a car 41 points above me with a fair advantage, no crashes involved, so 498 vs 543 is doable.
NMANOZ
NMANOZ
Posted on 06 May 19 at 02:00
vXTotalChaosXv said:
Finished the 2nd chapter today. Now the real grind begins. I have a decent Classic Sports car that should get me through the first part and probably a good enough Classic Muscle to get me through part two. I don't know what I'm gonna do for Classic Street and Classic Super though. I don't have anything even close to good enough, even with max tuning. Gotta get lucky on some car spins...…...
Same with the classic Street and Super, it is a conspiracy.
vXTotalChaosXv
Posted on 06 May 19 at 14:34
I got lucky last night and got a 3 star classic super 911. Gonna upgrade the crap out of it and see where I stand. Fingers crossed!
SWYD1
SWYD1
Posted on 08 May 19 at 19:35
Halfway through Episode 3, the lack of CR becomes a real problem.
It takes forever and costs a ton of CR to upgrade the classic cars to the needed PI.
Awful.
Alias DJA
Alias DJA
Posted on 09 May 19 at 13:38, Edited on 09 May 19 at 18:53 by Alias DJA
Episode 1 was a breeze, mainly due to the 3* SRT Hellcat early on.

I focused on levelling up 1 of each type for Episode 1- so each of the groups are now at max tuning 26/26 ready for Episode 2. I had hoped to milk this over the bank holiday - but because of the time restricted performance upgrade events - it slows down progression. For reference:

SRT Hellcat - 3*
Corvette Stingray - 3*
BMW M3 - 3*
Nissan GT-R - 3*

Forward planning must be the key to this, and considering the game is free - Turn 10 will no doubt have brick wall somewhere that will nudge gamers into a purchase (or 10) in order to progress somewhere between the end of Episode 2 and start of Episode 3. They have pulled this trick in every Horizon to date, so I expect nothing less - but you never know. wink

I was recommended to save repair spanners as Episode 3 is a joke for races, so again baring that in mind - combined with saving upgrades to an absolute must. No doubt the CR upgrades in Episode 3 will get silly nudging gamers to purchase gold coins to convert to CR.

In terms of PI, I'm comfortable beating cars with no more than 30 PI above me, but will always follow the same pattern of driving. Perfect Start, Perfect Brake, Perfect Gas at the start - then leaving to charge a double Nos charge is a common setup that works very well for me. My next Nos shot based on the track layout, so sometimes you gotta take the loss to know when do drop it in order to win.

Just worth a mention - You don't have to 100% the episode to get the achievement, it popped for me at Episode 1 when the last race completed in Part 6. It may also prove helpful to breeze through the easy races across Episode 2 & 3 to know what to prepare for down the line. In my own head I thought this would be easy, so lets hope once it hits mobile we can all chew through it that little bit faster.
In boost we trust
Rod Locksley
Posted on 09 May 19 at 22:37
Just a heads up.

If you want to dominate Episode 3 you'll be needing cars above 600 PI (that's just Part 3, I still need to get through the last part)... and that means upgrading classics to at least 4 stars.

Mustang Boss 302, Corvette Stingray 427 (active now)... even if they're not epic, don't miss your chance for spotlight and last chance dupes
SWYD1
SWYD1
Posted on 10 May 19 at 21:53, Edited on 10 May 19 at 22:07 by SWYD1
You say you need 4 star classics to dominate EP3.
But can you finish EP3 with 3 star classics (not dominating)?
I have a 511 Porsche 904 and I need to beat 595 in EP3 Part3 Event6...
The other classics: 552 Dodge Charger, 537 Skyline 2000, 544 300SL.
Larvi
Larvi
Posted on 10 May 19 at 22:15
With luck and perseverance you can beat EP3 with 3 star cars. With maxed out 3 star cars you will need to beat an opponent 40 higher than you in part 3 and 41 higher than you in part 4.

4 star cars would make this a lot less aggravating but I have no idea what it takes to get a 4 star car without spending lots of cash. I've been playing since January and don't have a single one or even one that is close. A 1 star duplicate seems to add about 1% to the bar of a 3 star car and a 2 star duplicate about 2% so you would need quite a few duplicates of specific cars to make this happen which would require a tremendous amount of time or $$$
Rod Locksley
Posted on 10 May 19 at 22:40, Edited on 10 May 19 at 22:43 by Rod Locksley
Larvi said:
4 star cars would make this a lot less aggravating but I have no idea what it takes to get a 4 star car without spending lots of cash. I've been playing since January and don't have a single one or even one that is close.
23 days playing for me. I just got 4 Stingrays in 12 Spotlight spins, so I'll take it to 4 stars next week using this weekend's Spotlight cards plus some Last Chance coins. I did exactly the same with my Challenger SRT Hellcat and it olny took me around 1200 gold (I still have more than 5000~). It's all about planification and knowing what to do and when to do it.

To be honest, you don't even need to spend cash (or credits/gold) at all unless you're upgrading useless cars. Plus, microtransactions are badly implemented: 50 bucks means around 1500 gold... so you're basically paying 50 dollars for just 1 guaranteed car (15 Premium or 10 Last Chance spins), when you need 4 for upgrading a 3 stars car to 4 stars.
Larvi
Larvi
Posted on 11 May 19 at 00:45
Maybe the changed some stuff for the better. I never had anywhere near 5000 gold despite dominating everything up until T3.

And yes the spotlight events are great for getting a specific car but as you said it's an average of 1 in 10 shot and unless the car is an epic rarity car it's not guaranteed to be 3 star and it takes way more than 4 1 and 2 star cars to get a 3 to a 4.

And by and large the spotlight cars are modern era cars which aren't what you need for Episode 3. The corvette will help with the first part of episode 3 but you can do that easily enough with a 3 star car. The tough parts need a classic super and classic muscle car.

There was a classic Porsche super car a few weeks back that I used a bunch of spotlight cards on that I had been saving up. But it was a common rarity car so despite winning it multiple times only one of those times was it a 3 star so I didn't get it close to 4 star.
SWYD1
SWYD1
Posted on 16 May 19 at 05:13, Edited on 16 May 19 at 05:14 by SWYD1
So I waited one week to upgrade my classic Porsche 904, just to find out I'm one class specific exhaust upgrade part short. So I have to wait another week to complete EP3 Part 3.
Gotta love this game sleep
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.