Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection Achievement List Revealed

AuthorMessage
TrueAchievement
Posted on 18 April 19 at 02:21
17 achievements for 1,000 Gamerscore

Please click here to read the story: Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection Achievement List Revealed
gavmanwv3
gavmanwv3
Posted on 18 April 19 at 02:33
I have played a lot of these games in MAME before. Some of these achievements will be easy, but there are couple that look really difficult. 150,000 on Scramble looks ridiculous even on modified settings. And don't get me started about Haunted Castle.

The only thing keeping me away from it is the price. If it gets lower I will buy it.dance
MC PHILABUSTA
MC PHILABUSTA
Posted on 18 April 19 at 04:03
Need this how much ?
Cemetery Girls
Posted on 18 April 19 at 04:33
$20. There will also be a Castlevania and Contra collection with 8 games each coming later in the year.
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 18 April 19 at 04:57
That Contra collection is a must-have but I know the completion is going to be a bitch and a half. Some of those entries are hardcore difficult.
MC PHILABUSTA
MC PHILABUSTA
Posted on 18 April 19 at 05:20
60 bucks for great classics I'm down wish they all came on one physical though .
VixyNyan
VixyNyan
Posted on 18 April 19 at 06:31
These ports are running in the ACA (Arcade Archives) engine, and you must traverse quite far into each game to get the necessary high scores.

This whole thing took me about 3-4 hours and I got it from the Japanese store because of time zone reasons.

Scramble alone took about 7 or 8 loops in one run to get the necessary score to finish that. In Haunted Castle, if you die even once, your score gets reset to 0.

There is settings you can change to make things only slightly easier, as well as save state options, but that's about it, you still need your own wits and skills to truck through these games while keeping your sanity intact lol. :3
Fight, VixyNyan~! For Everlasting Love & Snuggles~!
infamousSparkle
Posted on 18 April 19 at 08:05
Definitely getting this!

Each time I see Konami and arcade classics, I cross my fingers for Aliens Arcade & Aliens Versus Predator Arcade... wish it would come some day.
JDFurbz
JDFurbz
Posted on 18 April 19 at 08:16
Looking forward to the Castlevania collection. While i know it's unlikely, I'd love to see the PS2 Castlevania games as part of it...you never know. Fingers crossed!
AssassinDK
AssassinDK
Posted on 18 April 19 at 08:30
infamousSparkle said:
Definitely getting this!

Each time I see Konami and arcade classics, I cross my fingers for Aliens Arcade & Aliens Versus Predator Arcade... wish it would come some day.
Aliens vs Predator is not a Konami game. It's Capcom. And it will most likely never happen, since neither Capcom og Konami has the Alien or Predator license. It's the same reason things like the Simpsons arcade game are not on the store anymore. So unless they pay for the license it will never happen, and considering Capcom just made a collection with some of their arcade beat'em-ups without AvP, chances are slim.
AssassinDK
AssassinDK
Posted on 18 April 19 at 08:33
JDFurbz said:
Looking forward to the Castlevania collection. While i know it's unlikely, I'd love to see the PS2 Castlevania games as part of it...you never know. Fingers crossed!
The Nintendo DS ones would be great too. Maybe there will be a second collection sometime if the first one sells well, like the Megaman collections.
Solo Wing 82
Solo Wing 82
Posted on 18 April 19 at 08:33, Edited on 18 April 19 at 08:36 by Solo Wing 82
Just picked up the game and I can confirm that it works with the Razer Atrox arcade stick and the Hori Rap V pro, and probably every other arcade stick. But, the selector thing when pausing the game keeps moving automatically, on both sticks...
(not every xbox one game works with a arcade stick, like pacman and digdug, but the backwards compatible 360 versions do work with a arcade stick on xbox one)
builder dirge
builder dirge
Posted on 18 April 19 at 09:38
Can't wait for this!
Fear is the element that unites all losers - Motto of the Decepticon Dirge.
Bomb Jack DK
Bomb Jack DK
Posted on 18 April 19 at 10:03
Although I'm not an expert on all of these games the biggest challenge to complete it seems to be time, since you can save whenever you want and just reload if you make a mistake.

Like VixyNyan, I did 7-8 loops on Scramble to reach 150k.

I can usually get around 400k on Scramble on a very good day with 3 lives, but without an arcade stick and just a controller, the save option made my day :-)
Nekroflame
Nekroflame
Posted on 18 April 19 at 10:04
AssassinDK said:
infamousSparkle said:
Definitely getting this!

Aliens vs Predator is not a Konami game. It's Capcom. And it will most likely never happen, since neither Capcom og Konami has the Alien or Predator license. It's the same reason things like the Simpsons arcade game are not on the store anymore. So unless they pay for the license it will never happen, and considering Capcom just made a collection with some of their arcade beat'em-ups without AvP, chances are slim.
Alien vs. Predator was confirmed for the Capcom Home Arcade. I know it’s not for consoles, but it’s still a release.
EssCee UK
EssCee UK
Posted on 18 April 19 at 10:09
If they are going to be releasing collections, I hoping for a Parodius one
Solo Wing 82
Solo Wing 82
Posted on 18 April 19 at 12:04, Edited on 18 April 19 at 12:16 by Solo Wing 82
what the …...even with a controller, the selectionbar in the pause menu just keeps moving! Anybody else have that problem?? I thought it was a arcade stick problem, but it happens with my regular controller too. Im getting a refund cause its #@#$% annoying! Ill get it again when its fixed
Rhhe82
Rhhe82
Posted on 18 April 19 at 12:20
Solo Wing 82 said:
what the …...even with a controller, the selectionbar in the pause menu just keeps moving! Anybody else have that problem?? I thought it was a arcade stick problem, but it happens with my regular controller too, I just noticed...
Not happening for me?

As far as the achievements go, the requirements seem to vary a great deal. I was playing Lifeforce (I knew it as Salamander as kid) with unmodified settings, and I got both of the achievements sometime during level 3 or 4. Also, with save states, Lifeforce didn't seem that hard...

Unlike Nemesis. With "easy" difficulty and save states I was having quite some trouble, and by the time I reached the final boss, I had 290k score. New Game+ starts right away, so no problem once you reach that point. But man, was the game difficult. I played as a kid on MSX, and I could swear that the game wasn't nearly as difficult! Even on the easy difficulty the screen was littered with enemies and enemy projectiles. The home computer version was hard, sure, but nothing like this.
Solo Wing 82
Solo Wing 82
Posted on 18 April 19 at 12:25, Edited on 18 April 19 at 13:10 by Solo Wing 82
Rhhe82 said:
Solo Wing 82 said:
what the …...even with a controller, the selectionbar in the pause menu just keeps moving! Anybody else have that problem?? I thought it was a arcade stick problem, but it happens with my regular controller too, I just noticed...
Not happening for me?

I tried with 2 arcade sticks, 2 controllers, the selectionbar just keeps moving. Ill try uninstalling the game and downloading it again. But I really don't understand why this is happening to me. I didn't touch the sticks when turning on the controller or anything. even unplugged it, replaced battery, it just keeps going on.

Someone else in the forum had the problem too, it fixed for him by hard resetting the xbox, but that didn't work for me

Now I even tried it with my other xbox one and a its linked controller, but same issue. Im getting a refund till its fixed
MrEscience3000
Posted on 18 April 19 at 13:00
I will pick this up on sale...pretty boring achievement list...I hope they step it up for Contra and Castlevania
Just repeat to yourself it's just a game, I should really just relax.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.