Guides Forum

A forum for game tips, tricks, and guide news articles.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: Everything You Need To Know

AuthorMessage
Achilles8249
Achilles8249
Posted on 19 April 19 at 01:12
Zorlac0666 said:
Achilles8249 said:
I've bought stuff off cdkeys a couple dozen times and never had a problem.
99% of the time you won't. That one time microsoft or steam decides to revoke your key, I'm certain you'll blame them even though you knew better.
Why would I complain to Microsoft about a key that was sold to me by somebody else? That's misguided and ignorant.
Vok 250
Vok 250
Posted on 19 April 19 at 02:10
Looks like there's no real savings for the consumer. My guess is that this is an effort to balance their revenue across the year and convert people to that sweet sweet monthly payment plan.

Great for business. Not great for consumers.
pauldnb
pauldnb
Posted on 19 April 19 at 02:28
I grabbed Game Pass Ultimate.. my Game Pass was due to Expire June 2019, my Gold March 2020, so now I only have the one sub, which expires June 2020 cool that I dont need to think about it for awhile.
pauldnb
pauldnb
Posted on 19 April 19 at 02:30
pukem0nn said:
if you sign up for the insider program now could you potentially benefit from the 1$ deal? or do you have to be an insider for some time to get into the alpha or skip ahed ring?
Alpha / Skip Ahead is Invite only, but you still have to keep doing Feedback and Quests to even be considered.
TheAnonymity
TheAnonymity
Posted on 19 April 19 at 03:34, Edited on 19 April 19 at 03:39 by TheAnonymity
This would be more expensive than what I'm currently paying. At $60/year for Gold and $5/month for Game Pass that would total $10/month for me rather than what Game Pass Ultimate is offering at $15/mo. That's super expensive to pay 50% more. Especially with my huge backlog.

Game Pass has been out for quite a while now and you would think they would offer discounts for a 3-6-12 month subscription as they do with Gold, as opposed to just a monthly fee with the occasional limited discount (if you are even eligible).
S.T.A.R.S.
erod550
erod550
Posted on 19 April 19 at 06:31
Why is half of this thread arguing about CDKeys? Who cares? It's far from the only place to get discounted XBL subscriptions and the fact remains that it's easy to get a year for $10-15 cheaper than the regular $60 price from a wide variety of locations, so why would anyone pay monthly and have to pay full price for GamePass and full price for XBL. This is just to sucker in extremely lazy people or uninformed people who don't do any research and just buy everything at full price.

The Insider deal notwithstanding, of course. But very few people qualify for that.
XI AlphaMale IX
Posted on 19 April 19 at 10:36
RADtech2448 said:
In my 1 and only dealing with CDKeys, I bought a code for 12-months of Gold, which wouldn't work.

After contacting Microsoft, it turns out they sent me a code that was region-locked to Brazil.

CDKeys...eventually...refunded me my money, but all the hassle has tainted my view of them.
Wow, this literally word for word happened to me.

Wonder if M$ gets that call often.
imaidiot19
imaidiot19
Posted on 19 April 19 at 12:51, Edited on 19 April 19 at 12:54 by imaidiot19
XI AlphaMale IX said:
RADtech2448 said:
In my 1 and only dealing with CDKeys, I bought a code for 12-months of Gold, which wouldn't work.

After contacting Microsoft, it turns out they sent me a code that was region-locked to Brazil.

CDKeys...eventually...refunded me my money, but all the hassle has tainted my view of them.
Wow, this literally word for word happened to me.

Wonder if M$ gets that call often.
CD Keys clearly posts what country the codes for Live are for. Your eyes may have only seen the cheapest price, but I've used them many times with no issues.

As for the story: I currently have 2 years each on my account, so I'll technically be losing a year, but since they give me 3 years of both, i'll be gaining a year. Time to test this out...main thing I'm curious about is: I have several gold and game pass codes...can I use them to extend my sub, or do I have to cancel my ultimate first, extend, then go back?
Yes, I know I am.
Worm83183
Worm83183
Posted on 19 April 19 at 14:06
not a deal and it should be that would be the only thing to get a lot of people since no one pays full price for either always better deals out there and they need to rethink and try again! how about games go on sale a 6 yr old game shouldn't be 60$ still they want to compete with steam and other places and they just don't wanna lower there prices
FaSCoRP
FaSCoRP
Posted on 19 April 19 at 14:20
This announcement is dumb.
It is like saying: "before you can purchase a mouse and a keyboard separately, at 15 dollars, now you can buy together, at 15 dollars"
They should, at least, save 10% or 15% to make this worthwhile
https://casivg.wordpress.com
Cuthred
Cuthred
Posted on 19 April 19 at 15:14
don't understand this:

For example, if you have 3-months of Xbox Live Gold and 3-months of Xbox Game Pass already in your account and join Ultimate as an Insider, you will be charged $1 for your first month. For subsequent months we will apply 6-months toward your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (up to a maximum of 36-months).
I have 8 months of GP left and 20 months for Gold. Does this mean I get 28 months of ultimate?
ArkhmInmate0801
ArkhmInmate0801
Posted on 19 April 19 at 18:07
Seems like a good deal to me. I'll probably sign up... I prefer the convenience of a monthly subscription over buying keys and depending on rewards points tasks.
M4DE IN W4LE5
Posted on 19 April 19 at 19:03, Edited on 19 April 19 at 19:03 by M4DE IN W4LE5
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate ! FFS microsoft fu@* off with your superlatives . Bad enough you name your digital game editions . Definitive , Ultra , Deluxe and Gold like its something special. If i have anything to do with it i hope game pass bombs . The games are total rubbish,having a set amount of games to choose from each month is scandalous.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 19 April 19 at 19:56
M4DE IN W4LE5 said:
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate ! FFS microsoft fu@* off with your superlatives . Bad enough you name your digital game editions . Definitive , Ultra , Deluxe and Gold like its something special. If i have anything to do with it i hope game pass bombs . The games are total rubbish,having a set amount of games to choose from each month is scandalous.
I think you should clam down. Microsoft is by no means the only company that names things like this.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
StK I
StK I
Posted on 20 April 19 at 23:33
That's convenient especially if they add subscriptions on Microsoft rewards. Still dunno if I need gamepads and I've got gold through Feb 2021 at least already
TXsportsGamer83
Posted on 11 May 19 at 03:06
Shel2theburne said:
I just got a 3 month from newegg for $20 and it came with a second 3 month free as part of the deal. CDkeys.com sells 12 months for $40

I also use my M$ rewards points for gamepass and live as well.

There's no point in paying monthly. You can save so much more just buying codes.
That's all I do for xbl, is codes. I just got the new egg deal u mentioned. Wonder if they'll do the codes for the bundle
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.