Assassin's Creed Odyssey Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 20 April 19 at 09:45
Please use this thread to discuss the Assassin's Creed Odyssey walkthrough
Erutaerc
Erutaerc
Posted on 20 April 19 at 11:24
Hey everyone,

I’m the one that’s going to be writing the guide for this somewhat mammoth of a game (maybe elephant of a game). It’s by far the most open game I’ll have worked on in walkthrough format so progress may be steady, rather than fast. I’ll try and keep this thread updated with how things are going as time goes by as well.

There’s a lot to cover in various aspects for this game and I’ve got a vague idea of when certain achievements can be unlocked at their earliest, but some may be down to RNG, I’m not quite sure yet.

As far as I can tell, there’s no restrictions when you can do sidequests and collectibles, the only missable achievement being the romance one. If that’s wrong, please let me know as I’m looking to cover all side quests in the best possible way too.

Cheers!
Loutishh
Loutishh
Posted on 20 April 19 at 12:51
Sweet thanks!
Erutaerc
Erutaerc
Posted on 22 April 19 at 18:11
The first episode is now complete. So I can get an idea for how people feel towards the style of writing, here's that page.

https://www.trueachievements.com/walkthrough/walkthroughpage...

For the first episode, I've put all the side quests on the same page as the main quest as you're basically restricted to the one island for it. For the future chapters, I'm torn between two ways of writing it.

1) Follow the story until arriving on a new island, then putting the side quests for that island only on that page, as I've done with the first episode, as well as having a separate page per island at the end of the guide, a la the Origins walkthrough. So I'd have all the side quests listed on both the main page, as well as it's own separate page too.

2) The second option is to structure the entire guide very similar to how the Origins one is structured, having the story missions set on one page, with the islands having they're separate pages again, and another page for miscellaneous achievements. This way leads to slower achievement progress, but an easier to read guide overall.

Due to the amount of side quests that will open up for each new chapter, I'm thinking the second one is better for that, but the first option will hopefully get the achievements unlocked quicker.

Any other suggestions I'm happy to listen too as well.
Silver1337
Silver1337
Posted on 23 April 19 at 01:01
This is incredible work so far! I really like the way you've structured the first episode. I generally don't use walkthroughs for Assassin's Creed games, but I'm overwhelmed by the side quests and map locations in Origins and Odyssey.

For me, it's important to know roughly in what order the main story and side quests unfold so that I have a plan of attack in my head. The Origins walkthrough is mostly great and really detailed, but I find it hard to understand what side quests I could or should be doing next.

With that in mind, my suggestion is a hybrid of the ideas: have a page for the main story and list each side quest inline, either as it becomes available or at the end before you move to another island, without the side quest walkthrough there. Then, have that list entry link to the island specific pages where you provide more detail on side quests and locations. In that side quest list on the main story page, you could include especially important info for certain side quests, e.g. "Really hard and would be good to come back to later when you're level X" or "Good for grinding out progress towards X miscellaneous achievement" to help the reader identify when it makes sense for them personally to flip to the island page.

Using the first episode as an example, I see it working like:

Episode 1 - Another Day, Another Drachma
So It Begins
- Hungry Gods
- Merciful Gods
- In the Footsteps of God
- Mercenary Work --> Good time to unlock the "Make It Your Own" achievement
Debt Collector
- A Fight With Talos

Where all quest names are links and side quests are differentiated by a hyphen. After that roadmap, you'd have the main quest walkthrough with just the links to the side quest walkthroughs where you think fits best (either after a particular story mission or all at the end before you leave the island).

Regardless of how you choose to do it, I'm impressed with the work you've done and look forward to reading the walkthrough. smile
Erutaerc
Erutaerc
Posted on 23 April 19 at 15:36
Episode 2 is complete, as well as much of the overview and hints and tips page. For now i'm going to stick with how I started this guide, including all the side quests on the story islands as it goes through, but after each story quest, the phrase "Story continues here" will be hyperlinking to the next story segment, hopefully providing the best of both worlds at the moment. If this causes too much clutter in later chapters, I'll revisit it.
Silver1337
Silver1337
Posted on 23 April 19 at 21:20
That sounds like a great solution and I'm excited to see it in action! Best of luck with the walkthrough.
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 24 April 19 at 21:32
Silver1337 said:
For me, it's important to know roughly in what order the main story and side quests unfold so that I have a plan of attack in my head. The Origins walkthrough is mostly great and really detailed, but I find it hard to understand what side quests I could or should be doing next.
Thanks for mentioning that, I might look into adjusting that if I can still remember chunks of the game to make good enough recommendations.

xDaff, good luck with Odyssey. I’m assuming Odyssey is even bigger than Origins, so hopefully the existing and future masses of content don’t become too overwhelming. I look forward to seeing the end product.
Dang3R Gaming
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 24 April 19 at 21:35
Uh Daff aint writing it, just got the same picture as the writer.
Erutaerc
Erutaerc
Posted on 24 April 19 at 21:46, Edited on 24 April 19 at 23:07 by Erutaerc
I got there first! I also confuse myself when I see her picture.
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 24 April 19 at 22:11
Dang3R Gaming said:
What the HECK, I swear I saw her name in here a few days ago. Good luck Erutaerc, my apologies.
xDaff
xDaff
Posted on 25 April 19 at 11:38, Edited on 25 April 19 at 13:00 by xDaff
IronInfidel47 said:
Dang3R Gaming said:
What the HECK, I swear I saw her name in here a few days ago. Good luck Erutaerc, my apologies.
Lol. Only the AC3 Remaster for me.

Edit - Erutaerc, the walkthrough looks really good so far smile
Erutaerc
Erutaerc
Posted on 25 April 19 at 18:40
Thanks daff! It’s a lot of fun doing all the stuff I would t normally do to try and make it as in depth as possible, even if it does involve multiple rewrites everyday.
Musikfreak007
Musikfreak007
Posted on 22 June 19 at 00:08
Good luck to you Erutaerc!
Excited to work on this game down the road and pass along that "thanks" to you then for volunteering to write it out!
Nottsfella81
Nottsfella81
Posted on 27 June 19 at 17:42
Loving the walkthrough so far. One quick question. I was using the guide and went to episode 2 and it seems to be a duplicate of episode 1. Do you have episode 2 completed ?

Keep up the good work
DanXcel
DanXcel
Posted on 28 June 19 at 02:31
Nottsfella81 said:
Loving the walkthrough so far. One quick question. I was using the guide and went to episode 2 and it seems to be a duplicate of episode 1. Do you have episode 2 completed ?

Keep up the good work
I noticed the same thing! Episode 2 is missing and Episode 1 is duplicated!
Erutaerc
Erutaerc
Posted on 28 June 19 at 09:56
Odd, I’ll get that fixed shortly. I’m heavily slimming down the first few chapters as I went in to too much detail on them so that may be the reason, but it’ll be back to normal soon.

Chapter 7 is a beast, so that’s going to be nice to finish soon.
DanXcel
DanXcel
Posted on 13 August 19 at 13:07
Thank you for this walkthrough. I’m almost done with Chapter 7 and this is a tremendous help!!!
Erutaerc
Erutaerc
Posted on 15 August 19 at 10:56
Yea Chapter 7 is a right pain with so much being available. I've still kept all the ostraka's, ancient tablets, and non-set related legendary items in the walkthrough, is that something that's wanted or is it just wasted effort on my part (it would save a lot of extra writing).
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.