Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy Review

• EurydaceEurydace494,439
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite2,114,362
    Posted on 21 April 19 at 19:38Permalink
    As someone who got this on its japanese release date, if you've never played this game on the DS, BUY IT ON XBOX. IT'S ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

Game of the Year.
  • H1DD3NH1DD3N199,578
    Posted on 21 April 19 at 19:56Permalink
    Sweet! I’ll have to check it out! Great review!
  • Posted on 21 April 19 at 20:04Permalink
    Hopefully if sales peak expectations the rest of the series jumps over!
  • FoogaFooga1,259,064
    Posted on 21 April 19 at 20:06Permalink
    Love these games. Can’t wait to play through them again on Xbox soon.
  • Posted on 21 April 19 at 20:17Permalink
    Haven't had the chance to play through yet, but I'm excited to. Preordered it the day they opened them up too.
    Jinrui ni eikou are!
  • BlackxRyanBlackxRyan609,192
    Posted on 21 April 19 at 20:44Permalink
    One of my favourites series of games of all time.
  • MichelMichel919,466
    Posted on 21 April 19 at 20:54Permalink
    Dwaggienite said:
    As someone who got this on its japanese release date, if you've never played this game on the DS, BUY IT ON XBOX. IT'S ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

Game of the Year.
    yeah calm down, game is good but GOTY is too stretch
  • Groudon199Groudon199469,588
    Posted on 21 April 19 at 21:08Permalink
    But there are occasions where I'd solve the puzzle and offer the evidence I thought should work and for various reasons, the game wouldn't accept it. I'd be penalized and have to try again on a slightly different statement or with a different piece of evidence despite my mind knowing exactly how I thought the evidence should have played out.
    A somewhat common theme in the Ace Attorney games is figuring things out several steps before the characters do. You'll know what to present, but it's not where the game wants you to present it yet.
  • Reina WattReina Watt295,201
    Posted on 21 April 19 at 21:16Permalink
    The games have been ported over very well to console, the touch screen interface of the DS has been translated very well to the shoulder buttons and general buttons while using the stick left to click on anything as well as examination of a scene.
    The developers did a good job with the ports.

Well worth picking up.
    Why get a life when as a gamer you live more lives than you can manage
  • tpb fantpb fan343,537
    Posted on 21 April 19 at 22:58Permalink
    Dwaggienite said:

Game of the Year.
    since the game started on a Nintendo hand held gba/ds wouldn't it be better to buy the switch ver. also xbox ver is digital only witch sucks
  • Posted on 21 April 19 at 22:59Permalink
    Great to hear this is a decent game. I always try to look out for games that my girlfriend would enjoy to try to get her to game with me, and considering she's a lawyer this should be right up her alley.
  • That Guy086That Guy086479,677
    Posted on 21 April 19 at 23:03, Edited on 22 April 19 at 12:42 by That Guy086Permalink
    The most underrated part about this series is just how good the music is, the music has aged well. I still find myself just listening to the soundtrack and not playing the game.
  • Posted on 22 April 19 at 00:40Permalink
    I had the Miles Edgeworth Investigations on my DS and it was so much fun. Very happy to see it's just as good on Xbox.
    "This is all Joker's fault! What a tool he was! Now I have to spend all day computing Pi because he plugged in the overlord."
  • Posted on 22 April 19 at 02:24Permalink
    Is this digital only? Or is there a physical or plans for a physical?
  • Posted on 22 April 19 at 02:54Permalink
    I’ve been interested in this series and might have to pick it up. Good review... except for the pun at the end of the first paragraph laugh
  • Posted on 22 April 19 at 07:10Permalink
    I’m done with the first game and JFA, and I will begin playing T&T tomorrow.
    A great collection, and I really hope there will be a volume 2 with Apollo Justice, Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice. Wouldn’t mind the Edgeworth spin-offs too, even if they’re not as good as the main series.
  • Posted on 22 April 19 at 08:00Permalink
    I ended up getting the Nintendo Switch version of this, and I highly recommend it. I've played these games a countless number of times and they're still really fun.

ZWEIFELundANGST said:
    I’m done with the first game and JFA, and I will begin playing T&T tomorrow.
    A great collection, and I really hope there will be a volume 2 with Apollo Justice, Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice. Wouldn’t mind the Edgeworth spin-offs too, even if they’re not as good as the main series.
    Me too. Though the Edgeworth spin-offs are probably my favorite in the series.
    And there was a huge whale and it was all like MWAAAAA which made it super scary!
  • BlackxRyanBlackxRyan609,192
    Posted on 22 April 19 at 12:29Permalink
    That Guy086 said:
    The most underrated part about this series is just how good the music, the music has aged well. I still find myself just listening to the soundtrack and not playing the game.
    This. Phoenix Wright games always have an amazing OST.
  • ConvercideConvercide607,998
    Posted on 22 April 19 at 13:34Permalink
    BlackxRyan said:
    That Guy086 said:
    The most underrated part about this series is just how good the music, the music has aged well. I still find myself just listening to the soundtrack and not playing the game.
    This. Phoenix Wright games always have an amazing OST.
    Especially the use of that track at that bit of the 3rd game.

Not going to spoil anything. Hopefully it's made some people curious enough to buy the trilogy. smile
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.