Game Discussion: Jagged Alliance: Rage! Forum

Review?

AuthorMessage
MushaConvoy
MushaConvoy
Posted on 23 April 19 at 05:31
Game is on sale, came here looking for a review on the game, but there doesn't seem to be many around...

Anyone else found a link to a review on this one? I'm keen to find out what the performance/stability is like on the One X and what the interface is like. I struggled with Wasteland 2, felt rather unpolished and slow. Turn based games have shown to be quite smooth and enjoyable on console with the likes of Xcom and Shadow Tactics (I know, not exactly turn based..)
Peace Through Tyranny
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 23 April 19 at 06:41
Performance is fine on an original xbone, so would imagine it is on X aswell.
Game is worth the $15 bucks, but its quite a grind if you wanna 1000 it.
Controls and interface are quite simple and easy to use.

Its no xcom, but would give it a 7/10
MushaConvoy
MushaConvoy
Posted on 23 April 19 at 11:50
My bad, by performance I more meant stability. All the reviews I've found are on PC and mention it crashes a bit, and give it bad ratings because its not like JA/JA2/JAwhatever... I've not played any of the others so I'd be going in oblivious anyway. After enduring Titan Quest, I've had enough of games crashing all the time on the Xbox, if I wanted that I'd get a PC...........
Peace Through Tyranny
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 23 April 19 at 12:11
it did have some hickups when i played it...i believe it crashed once in the around 6 hours i played it.
Its NOT as great as the first games. But those are also hard to compete with. They are some of the best turnbased games in history.
The game actually got supported on the console though. Which is very rare for turnbased strategygames, as i guess thats quite a nichegenre on the xbox.
It actually launched with unobtainable achievements. But they patched it. And i believe the patchnotes mentioned stability also.
So yeah. It might not be one of the best turnbased stratagey games in history. But its still one of the best one on the xbox one, as the selection is a LOT smaller than on PC.
And for $15 its definitely worth the price.

And for the record...the reason i only played for 6 hours, was because i ragequitted after trying for one of the unobtainable achievements. It popped easily after their first patch though. And i just havent gotten back to it yet.
I plan to do that though
MushaConvoy
MushaConvoy
Posted on 23 April 19 at 17:20
Have you got a link to a guide or a list of whats missable/unobtainable? There arent many guides here - which is a first I might add, this is usually my one stop shop! :D

I'll probably grab it, it looks neat from the screenshots and games like this rarely get a discount.
Peace Through Tyranny
eohjay
eohjay
Posted on 24 April 19 at 14:23
I've been eyeing it since release - it looks like there are two achievements left that are potentially unobtainable. Or it may just be the fact that no one has unlocked them yet. They are the one for unlocking all weapons, and the other one is likely the equivalent of a platinum trophy. But, there were quite a few legitimate unobtainables after release that they seem to have patched - which is great.

I'm going back and forth with myself on whether or not I'll buy it this sale. I'd really like to see someone complete it first. (Get to work Maize, wean yourself off of Black Desert laugh)
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 24 April 19 at 14:29
eohjay said:
I've been eyeing it since release - it looks like there are two achievements left that are potentially unobtainable. Or it may just be the fact that no one has unlocked them yet. They are the one for unlocking all weapons, and the other one is likely the equivalent of a platinum trophy. But, there were quite a few legitimate unobtainables after release that they seem to have patched - which is great.

I'm going back and forth with myself on whether or not I'll buy it this sale. I'd really like to see someone complete it first. (Get to work Maize, wean yourself off of Black Desert laugh)
haha...yeah i really should. I should atleast finish my first playthrough

To be fair..there are MANY weapons. and no guides anywhere on which to get. So i just dont think anyone found all of them. but i might be mistaken.
eohjay
eohjay
Posted on 24 April 19 at 16:56
Did some digging and there is actually some current, and in depth, discussion about the achievements over at the Steam forums. From what I can tell according to the various posts there are still 2 unobtainables on the console version. Latest PC build has fixed the weapon collecting one, but not the platinum and it doesn't appear that that build has made it to consoles.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/463170/discussions/0/32160316...
https://steamcommunity.com/app/463170/discussions/2/32160316...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.