Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Apex Legends Streaming Drops Significantly to EA's Concern

• punkyliarpunkyliar295,238
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666222,947
    Posted on 23 April 19 at 11:56
    Fortnite stays strong by adding something literally every month or so. That's what it's going to take to compete, and any company that can't do it won't stay on top for long as people will want to go back to fortnite to see what's new now.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
  • MichelMichel1,003,534
    Posted on 23 April 19 at 12:06
    why would anyone be surprised by this?
  • Posted on 23 April 19 at 12:09
    Introducing Madden Battle Royale: pick your favorite football player past or present and duke it out with 98 other players in a battle to the death in iconic stadiums!
  • pukem0nnpukem0nn351,221
    Posted on 23 April 19 at 12:18
    Respawn seriously has to get in the groove of releasing updates faster and more constant. also their communication with the player base is shit.

Fortnite is streamed so much because there is always something new that is streamworthy.
    Apex got 1 new legend and 1 new gun in 2.5 months, that's it. the bug fixes take a long time, too.

they should hire a bunch of people to grow the studio for this game. most people would agree the gameplay is superb to fortnite in every way and is polished well, but other than that nothing new is releasing.

i still play it and don't really care as much, but todays gamers' demand fresh content, which is why fortnite is at top.
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,402,372
    Posted on 23 April 19 at 12:31
    well...what did they expect? that the people they paid to stream it in the beginning would continue to do so afterwards?
  • Posted on 23 April 19 at 12:35
    It's EA so what do people expect? Fortnite is just a giant because of the regular updates it receives. Devs should take notes and start doing regular updates. Rockstar does it for GTA (unfortunately not for RDR 2) and look, people still play GTA religiously.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 April 19 at 12:51
    its because there are so many other good games. how are you gonna force people to play the same game all the time?? well, they streamed it already, isn't tht enough? do they have to keep streaming forever ??
  • ElSaviolaElSaviola167,370
    Posted on 23 April 19 at 12:57
    Oh no, not EA's money!
  • Posted on 23 April 19 at 13:07, Edited on 23 April 19 at 13:12 by Matamune Neko
    Why they are so surprised with this? Fortnite have more guns, more balanced, content added more often and less loot box service. The balance they did in Apex was bad think, there are too many cosmetics compared with boxes we get when level up and there is a limit to level up clearly to force loot box. I know the game is free but again EA behavior kill a good game.

Forgot to mention the Twitch drops of fortnite. What EA do to keep players in apex? Sell cosmetics? Bad move.
  • gatordeve86gatordeve86328,881
    Posted on 23 April 19 at 13:22
    So much for all that killing Fortnite talk
    -The Deve
  • Posted on 23 April 19 at 13:27
    I will never understand people's beef with cosmetic only loot boxes in a FREE to play game. As for people who complain that there are way more cosmetics than loot boxes.... well you don't say? It wouldn't make much sense if everyone unlocked all the rewards by the time they reached level 100 as player customization would have no diversity. I just don't get it, free game, free cosmetics, if they wanna make a little bit of money off cosmetics to support the game so be it, I would rather that than the $20 skins they sell in fortnite.
  • Necromorph11Necromorph111,322,543
    Posted on 23 April 19 at 13:29
    lol so many million hours wasted watching fools playing garbage games
  • Skanker irlSkanker irl1,032,880
    Posted on 23 April 19 at 14:10
    EA sucks. I set aside my hatred and played Apex because I liked Titanfall and the game was free. It is a fun game, but they need content fast. Most gamers are not mindless zombies and they can only do the same thing over and over again so many times before they require some variety. At least give gamers new modes, new weapons, new map changes, a ranking system, etc.
  • Posted on 23 April 19 at 14:38
    The demands on Respawn right now are probably too straining to keep up with this AND finish a AAA Star Wars title. Bad management on EA's part (not surprising).
    Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
  • Posted on 23 April 19 at 14:48
    If the rumours are true the Apex arena is set to change during Season 1, and they have plans for a few different arenas to be on rotation.

They do need something. Each game is either hotdrop into Skull Town until you don't die in the first minute, or drop onto the outskirts and don't see anyone until round 3.
    www.twitter.com/Mike_Langlois
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,577,122
    Posted on 23 April 19 at 14:52
    It did not help that the Apex Legends season pass was incredibly underwhelming compared to the Fortnite Season Pass. For how made Apex is as a game, the lack of thought put into their season pass is shocking.
  • Posted on 23 April 19 at 15:05
    xPut Name Herex said:
    It did not help that the Apex Legends season pass was incredibly underwhelming compared to the Fortnite Season Pass. For how made Apex is as a game, the lack of thought put into their season pass is shocking.
    Battle pass is different to a season pass.
  • Sir PaulygonSir Paulygon1,399,557
    Posted on 23 April 19 at 15:13
    HuwCW87 said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Battle pass is different to a season pass.
    That's what I was thinking as well. Not much bang for your buck with the Apex's Battle Pass. Doesn't really give us gamer's an incentive to continue playing the game as much.
  • Posted on 23 April 19 at 15:46
    That's what happens when you come out of the gate too fast.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads