Site Help Forum

Got something you don't understand? Need to know how something works? Ask here and we'll do our best to help you

Generic smiley face as gamer pic...why?

AuthorMessage
DUBBLEUP
DUBBLEUP
Posted on 24 April 19 at 16:50
On Sunday my gamerpic mysteriously swapped to a generic smiley face. I haven't made any changes to my gamerpic in about 10 years. I've clicked on the option to update gamerpic multiple times since the swap, but that doesn't seem to be working.

Any ideas?
Johnny Sinister
Posted on 24 April 19 at 17:29
I had a similar issue.

For me, I played a BC Xbox 360 game on my Xbox One X for the first time (normally play 360 games on my 360 or BC on my regular Xbox One without issues.

Anyways, when I tried to play a BC 360 game on the One X, it gave me the generic anime cat girl pic. I am using this one until I stop being lazy and get my old one my original 360.

Does sound like it could have been an issue for you as well?
Pine Reaper
Pine Reaper
Posted on 24 April 19 at 20:00
Same here. Logged in the other day and I have the puppy face. I also don't automatically log into the site now, I have to enter GT and password; get redirected to a 404 error page and then get to my homepage.
DUBBLEUP
DUBBLEUP
Posted on 26 April 19 at 03:21
That is interesting because I did play a BC game on Sunday. But I have also pay BC games before that with no issues. Either way why isn’t it updating?? This guy has a damn dog face. Come on TrueAchievements
DUBBLEUP
DUBBLEUP
Posted on 26 April 19 at 17:37
Is there anybody from the TrueAchievement staff that can answer this question?
nicklesminer
nicklesminer
Posted on 28 April 19 at 01:49
My profile pic randomly changed as well -- it's the same as always on my xbox, but it's wrong here.
DUBBLEUP
DUBBLEUP
Posted on 28 April 19 at 19:13
I logged into my 360 (it’s been ages) and my gamer pic mysteriously had switched over to this smiley face so I swapped it back to my original and it updated immediately. However, this still differs from my Xbox One gamer pic. My gamer pic and avatar on this site only grabs what I have attached to my 360 profile. It fails to grab what I have updated on the Xbox One and of course my Microsoft profile. As a matter of fact I don’t think it’s ever updated beyond the 360
DUBBLEUP
DUBBLEUP
Posted on 28 April 19 at 19:29
Ok go to Settings - General
Use Xbox One Gamer Pic option defaults to No. change to Yes
Silly default

However my avatar won’t update. No solution for this yet
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 29 April 19 at 20:32
It did it to me too.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.