Game Discussion: World War Z Forum

Fastest way to earn credits?

AuthorMessage
Liebers87
Liebers87
Posted on 25 April 19 at 19:00
I am looking at getting the achievements for upgrade all guns and buy all perks but man oh man---that is going to be a lot of credits. Anyone figure out a really efficient way to earn credits yet?

I am noticing that hard mode awards 350 credits. I have been doing the 3rd mission in the first episode on repeat with about a 95 percent sucess rate (Sometimes I get too confident). I know that insane mode awards more credits but then I run the risk of failure and earning less; yet, failure on insane mode has awarded me over 400 credits sometimes so I am tempted to switch it up.

What do you guys do to farm credits??
The Manic Moose
Posted on 26 April 19 at 13:02
I saw a post on reddit earlier, offline mode, first level of Moscow on insane run through first bit and use the first key pad you get to. Then die and kill ai team mates. You get 1250xp towards class upgrade and 250 credits roughly. I haven’t tried this myself yet but will do later.
GREGO McGEE
GREGO McGEE
Posted on 26 April 19 at 20:44
The above doesn't work. You get 55 credits
Louix
266,460 266,460 GamerScore
Louix
Posted on 26 April 19 at 21:09
Tried the above method on insane. Got 625xp and 135coins.
GREGO McGEE
GREGO McGEE
Posted on 26 April 19 at 22:50
You need to get through the first three access doors to get the full 275
The Manic Moose
Posted on 27 April 19 at 14:29
Yes been trying this morning need to get to the first defence room with pyramids... 255 coins each time plus 1650xp towards class.

If you can consistently beat a chapter on insane you get 550 coins and 2500xp.
E vee dub
E vee dub
Posted on 10 July 19 at 05:57
Most of those run and gun and then suicide methods have been patched. The game has changed. Note I'm playing it in July 2019, a few months after it released.
Also, you must purchase the new upgrade for a weapon before any new XP is added for its use. Not sure if that was the case before other patches.
Go N.C. STATE WOLFPACK !!! Class of 2005.
xSup3rM4ri0x
xSup3rM4ri0x
Posted on 18 July 19 at 17:29
The method for Moscow I still works, but you have to do it on Extreme to get the maximum credits.
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 17 August 19 at 18:45, Edited on 17 August 19 at 18:46 by Kanchanaburi
I have a new method. I am concerned about posting it since Saber like Collition wants to patch farming methods because they are loosers. If you wish to know it, PM me, and if i believe you are in fact an legit achievement hunter (for example you didn't just join TA and have a high ratio of completed games), then I will send back the info. It gets you 100 credits for every 1-1.5 minutes.

In the PM you send to me, you must promise/agree not to publish OR share it with anyone else.
EPSILON 616
EPSILON 616
Posted on 19 August 19 at 19:51
You mean Suicide rushing Level 2 of Jerusalem? Its what I have been doing.

Make sure you select offline for no online handshaking. Since I run the game on a SSD, I can usually hit 100 credits a minute (350 XP).

Ultimately, this is variable between classes. Its harder to kill yourself efficiently, like the medic.
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 20 August 19 at 02:52, Edited on 20 August 19 at 03:09 by Kanchanaburi
Oh, you gotta love Smart Asses. Thanks for posting this so Saber can nerf it like they have done with every other method. clap
Since that smart cookie decided to be an ass, I'll post the method here and in the solution

Suicide boosting

Juresalem - Chapter 2

Play on Extreme. Use whichever character you want to rank up. Race to the first gate, and wait for the Doctor to get there. If you wish, you can go down once before getting to the gate making it easier, but of course, then you must be more careful. As soon as he gets there, you can kill yourself. If you go down twice BEFORE the doctor gets there, you get nothing. If you are using a class which is hard to kill yourself, then open the gate and get a zombie to do it for you.

If you do this, you will get 100 credits and 350XP for your character. I was able to get this down to almost a minute including loading times.

Expanded method

If you also want to work on guns, MOST (but not all) guns will eveutally be avaiable on this area. Don't die, go through the gate, get the gun you want and run over to the far left side. from there you can get a lot of progress towards your guns XP with a clear sight on 3 zeke towers. Get as much XP as you can before you are killed or the doc is.

Since some ass posted a short version of this, I will post my full verison and hope it doesn't get patched by the next update.
EPSILON 616
EPSILON 616
Posted on 21 August 19 at 23:04
No need for name calling. Don't be mad because I shared my method freely and you put yours behind a PM and some requirement. It just turns out my method is your method. All you needed to do was Suicide the first check point on every mission to discover which was the fastest and most profitable. Most other missions take longer and only reward 88 Credits on Extreme. I've known about it since day one of the Six Skulls update and even made a video explaining and going into the method for Youtube. I've been waiting for the next update to publish it and see if there is a nerf or change (Updates for the game have dropped early in the month, but this last one has been quite delayed). I don't want to stick a video on Youtube that is useless.

This is NOT the fastest method for XP right now. It is just an easy, quick solo method. The fastest method is joining an Extreme game in session and team wiping the other players. Its a common complaint in the forums and on the Reddit.

Also, Your worried about this method being patched, it may just come in next update. The developers acquire player statistical data as long as your connected to the internet. So they no doubt see a trend in how players behave. This is a live service game and changes will constantly be made until development stops. As for the developers learning directly from this forum, I doubt it. They only seem to monitor and respond on their forums. A video on Youtube might get attention, but they don't even police or check their Reddit.

Some notes about the Method:
First off, XP and credits for this method are pretty close and level meaning you will be able to purchase a rank every time you level up if you don't spend the supply points elsewhere.

The most efficient classes if your just running for supply points are Hellraiser and Exterminator. Gunslinger isn't bad either as you can use your grenade to wipe yourself after you go down. Hellraiser and Exterminator both have access to explosives early. The Hellraiser is the best, but make sure you don't invest in points to skill nodes that grant immunity. The Hellraiser also gains a perk that makes them less likely to slow down while passing zombies. When playing as different classes, look for perks that give you shotguns. These make team wipes easier as its a one hit KO.

There are a few cues to insure you can wipe and get your Points and XP. First you'll hear the gate close when Greengold is in position (You can't be down or the gate won't close) and second, you'll notice your AI teammates "Stacking up" on you. Lastly, You'll get the prompt to open the gate.

If you are playing one of the harder classes to kill yourself (Medic, Fixer, Slasher), Its best to try and go down at the gate. Almost always a Lurker spawns here behind the forklift or on the opposite side behind some boxes. The AI or your character usually comments on its spawning. Either way, you'll want to run and pull as many Zombies from the start to the gate to go kill yourself. Don't stop running and you'll pull everyone in the area that has spawned. If you go down on the bridge, take it slow to the gate and watch out for the Lurker. Once you get revived, Open the gate and look right. If you see a swarm of Zombies standing run to them to wipe. If they are all on the ground, turn left past the ammo box, and into the alcove with the breach door. If you didn't get a lurker to spawn earlier by the gate, there will almost always be one there.

The biggest hangup of this method is glitches. I've had Greengold lag behind me taking up too much time pushing it closer to a minute. I've also had my teammates open the gate so I couldn't cue the horde sequence properly.

When the mission is over the and summary screen slashes, spam "A" to ready up quicker.

Despite your advice, I wouldn't level guns here for a few reasons. Gun XP on Extreme is the same as easy. You won't get any Tier 3 weapons (except the crossbow) without a breach charge and a lot of luck. Its best to run a mission on Easy and just camp the zombie towers. Its safer and much more reliable. It wouldn't be bad to use and level your second as the requirement XP is much lower. I like to run Moscow Level 3: Battle of Nerves as its really the safest level with the auto turrets and chances for weapon spawns.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.