Site Wishlist Forum

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Show DLC On All Games. (Not Just DLC That Adds Gamer Score Points)

AuthorMessage
KJ BUFF
KJ BUFF
Posted on 29 April 19 at 01:54
100s of xbox games have no DLC tab when they should. I've noticed that games only have a DLC tab if the DLC gives you Gamer Score Points, but other DLC is not mentioned at all.

Things that should change.
Show all DLC that was or is still available for all games including pre-order bonus DLC.
Show all DLC that users own.
Show users if they are 100%, 50% or Partial owners of DLC to show their love for the game.

Also show XBLIG Games and users who own them whether or not they give Gamer Score Points.
Fear The People
Posted on 29 April 19 at 02:21
I could be wrong but im pretty sure the only way you can track if someone has dlc is if they pop an achievement in it. No achievements = no way of tracking it.

Just think when you're looking at someones profile, theres no stats or list saying if someone owns dlc besides the achievements
KJ BUFF
KJ BUFF
Posted on 29 April 19 at 03:39
Maybe, It'd just be nice to see how much of a fan someone is for games and not just someone trying to get the highest Gamer Score. Games like guitar hero, Lips or American Idol have tons of DLC and it'd be cool to see what other users have.

I also think xbox indie games should be added to be a part of our game collection.
ChinDocta
ChinDocta
Posted on 29 April 19 at 06:11
We'd have to manually create all the packs and users would have to manually track it. Not gonna happen.
GI Flagging Manager
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 29 April 19 at 13:35
KJ BUFF said:
Maybe, It'd just be nice to see how much of a fan someone is for games and not just someone trying to get the highest Gamer Score. Games like guitar hero, Lips or American Idol have tons of DLC and it'd be cool to see what other users have.

I also think xbox indie games should be added to be a part of our game collection.
Nah we're good
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
Bastian Reader
Posted on 29 April 19 at 17:48, Edited on 29 April 19 at 17:48 by Bastian Reader
I doubt that this will be implemented. It would take a lot of work since it would have to be manually entered. Meanwhile you can click the TA Microsoft store link for any game you want and see the dlc listed there.
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 30 April 19 at 01:20
Yea, I'd put this one solidly in the group of "Cool idea, would like to have it, but would take waaaaaaaay more work than it would ever be close to worth"
#mentallypudding
Vr English
Vr English
Posted on 30 April 19 at 10:07
Agree with all the comments above. I appreciate that sometimes I'm interested in non-gamerscore DLC (like the Xmorph extra campaigns for example) but that's something we can track ourselves, this site is about achievements for the most part.
Throni360
Throni360
Posted on 30 April 19 at 10:18
What value would it add? Show off that you own a non-tracked DLC?
planting42
planting42
Posted on 30 April 19 at 21:05
KJ BUFF said:
100s of xbox games have no DLC tab when they should. I've noticed that games only have a DLC tab if the DLC gives you Gamer Score Points, but other DLC is not mentioned at all.

Show all DLC that was or is still available for all games including pre-order bonus DLC.
Show users if they are 100%, 50% or Partial owners of DLC to show their love for the game.

Also show XBLIG Games and users who own them whether or not they give Gamer Score Points.
Creators Club stuff can't be tracked by TA since as others said, there's no achievements for the scanners to see. Given this is an achievement-centric site, I'm not certain what value adding non-achievement DLC would bring but am VERY certain it would add undue stress to the site. The database is large enough without the need to add fluff like this.

-1 from me. no votes as usual.
freedomgirl85
freedomgirl85
Posted on 01 May 19 at 00:26
planting42 said:
KJ BUFF said:

Creators Club stuff can't be tracked by TA since as others said, there's no achievements for the scanners to see. Given this is an achievement-centric site, I'm not certain what value adding non-achievement DLC would bring but am VERY certain it would add undue stress to the site. The database is large enough without the need to add fluff like this.

-1 from me. no votes as usual.
The following is all from the outside looking in. If it is clueless, feel free to say in CAPS

It would be easy to point out all the fluff and stress from weekly articles about Fortnite, for example, that have nothing to do with cheevos that could be eliminated to relieve stress on the site. While your at it the weekly game play chart has nothing to do with cheevos either.

I think all you fine folks at TA should have a meeting of the minds and discuss if you want to

1. See if enough people want it
2. Find a editor
3. Find a new volunteer to do it
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 11 May 19 at 23:29
The articles have nothing on the thousands of DLCs that would have to be added though.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.