The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: April 30th, 2019

AuthorMessage
SilentJay76
SilentJay76
Posted on 01 May 19 at 09:01
HuwCW87 said:
If you haven't played it, NOT A HERO is a very enjoyable game, quite an easy completion too if that's your thing.
The 2.5 ratio, 10% completion rate on TA (or 1% overall) and the review stating "this little baby is hard" and "frustratingly difficult at times" would indicate otherwise...?
TymanTheLong
TymanTheLong
Posted on 01 May 19 at 09:55, Edited on 01 May 19 at 09:55 by TymanTheLong
Vok 250 said:
Keila said:
Why is Borderlands GOTY already on sale that is actually sickening
Completely normal this generation. Never buy anything full price. Most games drop 20% in sales within the first month and often up to 50% within the first 3 months after release. You can saves tons of money by getting off the hype train and getting on the patience train.
I had no income for a year and bought none of the new games. The next year I had some disposable income and got all of the major titles I’d missed, with all of their DLC, for under $100, i.e. the cost of one Ultimate Edition pre order.

So you are absolutely correct. The reality is most of us will never get to play even half of our game libraries, one can stay a few months or even a year behind and still constantly play nearly endless titles from one’s favorite genres for dirt cheap.

A few games do deserve to be purchased new, but for me, at least, that’s about 1 game a year. Borderlands 3 will likely be my choice this year.
XI AlphaMale IX
Posted on 01 May 19 at 14:18, Edited on 02 May 19 at 01:08 by XI AlphaMale IX
Oh man, was not expecting a good sale. Too bad Sudden Strike 4 DLC isn't on sale though. edit: no strikethrough of the price on the DLC page, but it looks like it is on sale. Nice.
Dixxxxxon
Dixxxxxon
Posted on 01 May 19 at 17:21, Edited on 01 May 19 at 17:22 by Dixxxxxon
The Technomancer - $0.00
Is this supposed to actually be free for some reason? It shows as $39.99 for me.

EDIT: Oh duh it was one of the GWG for last month. Haha, I am an idiot.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 01 May 19 at 18:36
SilentJay76 said:
HuwCW87 said:
If you haven't played it, NOT A HERO is a very enjoyable game, quite an easy completion too if that's your thing.
The 2.5 ratio, 10% completion rate on TA (or 1% overall) and the review stating "this little baby is hard" and "frustratingly difficult at times" would indicate otherwise...?
They are right to an extent, if it clicks like it did for me, then it becomes easier...just took a while for me to get it, so to speak!
Legohead 1977
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 01 May 19 at 18:38, Edited on 01 May 19 at 18:39 by HolyHalfDead
Paw McCatney said:
I' m on the I-have-a-ridiculous-backlog-so-there's-no-reason-to-pay-full-price-for-anything train. Doesn't have as nice a ring to it though smile
I boarded that train a couple of years ago. Heck, I have games like Witcher 3 in my backlog. Very few games in these sales are going to be as good as that - so I really should stop looking.

My policy of only buy what you can start today is working quite well. I might even get round to Witcher 3 before 2020, maybe.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 01 May 19 at 18:42, Edited on 01 May 19 at 18:47 by HolyHalfDead
FoOOoRZA GER 82 said:
No it is 100% the fh4 Expansion pass!!!!!Fortune Island + the unreleased one....so great Deal! should be corrected by TA
Problem is TA can’t link to the achievements page of an as yet unreleased expansion, so only Fortune Island can be listed. The store link does take you to the correct Expansion Pass page.

I think people also know 50% off $19.99 is not $17.49
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Quantium G
Quantium G
Posted on 01 May 19 at 21:44
Nier - Automata is finally on sale?! Woohoo! Bought. Finally! Jesus.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 02 May 19 at 02:12
HolyHalfDead said:
Paw McCatney said:
I' m on the I-have-a-ridiculous-backlog-so-there's-no-reason-to-pay-full-price-for-anything train. Doesn't have as nice a ring to it though smile
I boarded that train a couple of years ago. Heck, I have games like Witcher 3 in my backlog. Very few games in these sales are going to be as good as that - so I really should stop looking.

My policy of only buy what you can start today is working quite well. I might even get round to Witcher 3 before 2020, maybe.
I gotta ask, what’s holding you off on The Witcher!? As cliche as I imagine it sounds by now, it’s basically the best gaming experience I’ve ever had 😂 genuinely curious 😁 toast
Matthew
HuwCW87
HuwCW87
Posted on 02 May 19 at 09:25
SilentJay76 said:
HuwCW87 said:
They're wrong lol I don't play games that much anymore so I'm not that skilled at the harder games but I still managed it, it isn't hard if you actually try.
HuwCW87
HuwCW87
Posted on 02 May 19 at 09:28
HuwCW87 said:
SilentJay76 said:
HuwCW87 said:
They're wrong lol I don't play games that much anymore so I'm not that skilled at the harder games but I still managed it, it isn't hard if you actually try.
Also it took me 14 hours so not that long really, people probably finished it quicker than that aswell.
XI AlphaMale IX
Posted on 02 May 19 at 16:43, Edited on 02 May 19 at 16:59 by XI AlphaMale IX
Seconded, The Witcher 3 is one of the best games ever made.

I bought Digerti Pixel bundle, The Surge bundle, Sudden Strike 4 "bundle," Turok, and Vampyr. That's more than I bought at Spring sale.
ShokuPanMike
ShokuPanMike
Posted on 02 May 19 at 19:25
D3m0nF0rc3 said:
Elite1111111111 said:
Basileus said:
Would it hurt to put the FH3 Hoonigan car pack on sale just once? Just once? roll
Indeed. I'm holding out hope.
I would not hold your breath, it was used as a pre order incentive, they will hold out until its about to be delisted if your lucky, anything else depreciates its point of creation as a marketing con.

Either you learn to abide by their rules and pre order, pay full price or teach them a lesson and stop buying pretty much altogether. I'm very much leaning towards the latter as I have had enough of the games industry particularly publishers and developers taking their customer base for granted as nothing but idiotic cash cows.
Well said. Completely agree. I would like to know how many sales were boosted by the Hoonigan carrot. I was tempted for about 5 minutes but quickly saw through the hype to realise it was going to be the same old tracks with a bit of polish and a few new ones. I'm glad I waited but now I think they are punishing those of us in that club for being sceptical and (quite rightly) holding off making that purchase day 1 because Forza 7 was a load of bollocks when it got released. Someone over at Turn 10 is making the decision as to what goes on sale and purposely leaving the Hoonigan pack out to spite us because we didn't pre-order FM7. That's ok, we'll wait. They won't resist getting it into the sales before it's delisted and then maybe they can reflect on how much interest they lost in takings by not putting it on sale earlier.
Less work, more play!
prakkero
prakkero
Posted on 02 May 19 at 20:29
Shadow XBL said:
is Call of Cthulhu worth $20?
IMO, no. It has a decent Lovecraftian story, but to me it felt like a glorified walking simulator, with a terrible save system (no manual saving, just one auto-save slot), tacked on skills/dice rolls (which can make you miss achievements based on pure luck of the roll), and below average graphics etc.
TymanTheLong
TymanTheLong
Posted on 05 May 19 at 07:09
prakkero said:
Shadow XBL said:
is Call of Cthulhu worth $20?
IMO, no. It has a decent Lovecraftian story, but to me it felt like a glorified walking simulator, with a terrible save system (no manual saving, just one auto-save slot), tacked on skills/dice rolls (which can make you miss achievements based on pure luck of the roll), and below average graphics etc.
Games like that seem to land on Gamepass with regularity. Unless one was going to play it immediately the smart money is that on waiting, heck, the newest Tomb Raider is on there, even.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 05 May 19 at 07:49, Edited on 05 May 19 at 08:01 by HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead said:
I've just priced up the Forza Horizon 4 Expansion Pass, and thought I would share for anyone else who is interested:

$19.99 CAD = $23.40 NZD (@ 5% Tax)
$17.49 USD = $26.20 NZD (@ 0% Tax) = $28.82 (@ 10% Tax)
£14.37 GBP = $27.96 NZD
€17.49 EUR = $29.37 NZD
$28.47 AUD = $30.08 NZD
$34.95 NZD = $34.95 NZD

What is stupid is that the expansions cost $29.90 each ($59.80 for both) or you can pay $69.90 for the expansion pass to "Get two game expansions at a reduced price!" angry
I contacted Microsoft to try and get them to explain why $29.90 x2 = $69.90 and they said they cannot change the store price, only the devs can. I contacted the devs and guess what, they told me to contact Microsoft as only they can fix the store price. The royal fuck around.

So I purchased a $25.00 CAD gift card for $28.00 NZD from https://www.pcgamesupply.com/ and after buying the Expansion Pass I still have $4.01 CAD left.

In otherwords I managed to get 66.4% off the FH4 Expansion Pass - so screw you Microsoft.
Keila
Keila
Posted on 05 May 19 at 12:04
Vok 250 said:
Keila said:
Why is Borderlands GOTY already on sale that is actually sickening
Completely normal this generation. Never buy anything full price. Most games drop 20% in sales within the first month and often up to 50% within the first 3 months after release. You can saves tons of money by getting off the hype train and getting on the patience train.
I feel like I just got yelled at by my step dad :(
Was Sexette
XI AlphaMale IX
Posted on 06 May 19 at 00:58
Would anyone recommend FH3 Platinum Plus Expansions Bundle to someone that's not really a fan of racing games? Or at least isn't good at them?
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 06 May 19 at 01:27
XI AlphaMale IX said:
Would anyone recommend FH3 Platinum Plus Expansions Bundle to someone that's not really a fan of racing games? Or at least isn't good at them?
Forza games have various difficulty toggles you can turn on and off before each race. The AI can be changed from easy to hard, you can have a driving line to show when you need to brake, various settings that make it harder to spin out or lose control in turns, etc. So you get to chose how difficult you want the game, you just get more credits with higher difficulties but you'll have plenty anyways.

As far as racing games go, Forza Horizon games are more fun than most. Alongside standard races you get stunt jumps and drift zones, special showcase events, you can pull off skill chains to get skill points, and so on.

Short answer: I recommend Forza Horizon games to pretty much anybody.
XI AlphaMale IX
Posted on 06 May 19 at 22:15
Seems to be gone from the store. Guess I missed it?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.