TA Playlist

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Zombie Army Trilogy Discussion - Spoiler Free

• Information
    Posted on 01 May 19 at 00:00
    Welcome back to another TA Playlist month. Use this thread to ask questions about Zombie Army Trilogy, report in as you make your way through the game for the first time, and otherwise keep it all spoiler-free in here.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle2,099,943
    Posted on 01 May 19 at 03:56
    Maybe I can finally do that one:
    Zombie Army TrilogyGot the killshot!The Got the killshot! achievement in Zombie Army Trilogy worth 29 pointsKill 20 Elites in co-op
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Posted on 01 May 19 at 05:48
    Never heard of this game. Anyone know if it’s any good?
    "Imagine if you only woke up tomorrow with the things you prayed for today."
  • AaronJamesx38AaronJamesx382,294,678 2,294,678 GamerScore
    Posted on 01 May 19 at 14:36
    Alright game, especially if you like sniper elite but with zombies and more coop in this one and better coop
    AJ
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 May 19 at 14:51
    AaronJamesx38 said:
    Alright game, especially if you like sniper elite but with zombies and more coop in this one and better coop
    I really like the way it sounds. Zombies & Snipers are a good combination.
    ~Neo~
  • Posted on 01 May 19 at 16:15
    NeoMaster47 said:
    AaronJamesx38 said:
    I really like the way it sounds. Zombies & Snipers are a good combination.
    That is a good combo, now if we could only take out the co-op.
  • ClockwerksClockwerks1,089,849
    Posted on 01 May 19 at 16:45
    I've heard decent things about this game. Might give it a shot while I have gamepass.

Didn't realize it was made by the Sniper Elite devs. That's pretty cool.
  • BetaSigX20BetaSigX20886,761
    Posted on 01 May 19 at 16:48
    I know nothing about this game, but the fact that it's built on the Sniper Elite series piques my interest... I loved Sniper Elite III, and I can definitely get on board with sniping at a horde of zombies.

The co-op is a definite turn-off for me, since I don't have any regular gaming buddies or a regular gaming schedule, and I'm also a bit loathe to start any new games at this point (I've almost recovered from last year's Bean Dive), but I'm intrigued enough that I'll probably give this a shot.

How much of this game can be done solo, and how much requires co-op? I understand that co-op might be preferable for much of the game, but I'm just wondering what percentage of the game absolutely can't be done solo.
  • C64 MatC64 Mat1,932,513
    Posted on 01 May 19 at 16:58
    BetaSigX20 said:
    I know nothing about this game, but the fact that it's built on the Sniper Elite series piques my interest... I loved Sniper Elite III, and I can definitely get on board with sniping at a horde of zombies.

The co-op is a definite turn-off for me, since I don't have any regular gaming buddies or a regular gaming schedule, and I'm also a bit loathe to start any new games at this point (I've almost recovered from last year's Bean Dive), but I'm intrigued enough that I'll probably give this a shot.

How much of this game can be done solo, and how much requires co-op? I understand that co-op might be preferable for much of the game, but I'm just wondering what percentage of the game absolutely can't be done solo.
    This was going to be my question, but you beat me to it :-P
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • ShinnizleShinnizle2,099,943
    Posted on 01 May 19 at 17:08
    BetaSigX20 said:
    Pretty much only these 5 achievements:
    Zombie Army TrilogyA friend in needThe A friend in need achievement in Zombie Army Trilogy worth 44 pointsRevive other players 50 times

Zombie Army TrilogyGot your backThe Got your back achievement in Zombie Army Trilogy worth 38 pointsKill 50 enemies that are actively attacking other players

Zombie Army TrilogyDown but not outThe Down but not out achievement in Zombie Army Trilogy worth 55 pointsKill a total of 20 enemies while incapacitated

Zombie Army TrilogyYou're so dead, you don't even know itThe You're so dead, you don't even know it achievement in Zombie Army Trilogy worth 87 pointsComplete any Campaign chapter in 4-player co-op at any difficulty level

Zombie Army TrilogyGot the killshot!The Got the killshot! achievement in Zombie Army Trilogy worth 29 pointsKill 20 Elites in co-op
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • wookieepuppywookieepuppy844,268
    Posted on 01 May 19 at 18:26
    Remember to press cn_up and cn_down on the d-pad for 2 extra moves which are always welcome in coop...no good when a troop of zombies are descending on you though....but a nice inclusion so that every button on the controller does something.

Ariiiiise!
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,329,195
    Posted on 01 May 19 at 19:25
    This was a fantastic game to play with friends. headspin
  • Posted on 01 May 19 at 19:40
    So is this like an alternate reality in the sniper universe games?
  • Itzz Sh0wt1m3Itzz Sh0wt1m32,101,629
    Posted on 01 May 19 at 19:42
    I highly recommend this game. Find 3 coop buddies and have a great time!
  • IEXECUTION BKIIEXECUTION BKI1,435,449
    Posted on 01 May 19 at 19:51
    After completing SE3, SE4, and ZAT, I found ZAT to be the simplest completion and possibly the most fun. Still the same mechanics and gameplay as the SE series, but something about killing hordes of zombies just does it for me.

I'd also add that although co-op isn't required, it will make the horde achievements as well as beating the game on Sniper Elite difficulty much easier.
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7556,686
    Posted on 01 May 19 at 19:53
    How's the level design in this? Are there open arenas to maneuver and fight like later Sniper Elites, or is it more linear with only one specific path like V2?
  • BetaSigX20BetaSigX20886,761
    Posted on 01 May 19 at 19:54
    Shinnizle said:
    BetaSigX20 said:
    Pretty much only these 5 achievements:
    Zombie Army TrilogyA friend in needThe A friend in need achievement in Zombie Army Trilogy worth 44 pointsRevive other players 50 times

Zombie Army TrilogyGot your backThe Got your back achievement in Zombie Army Trilogy worth 38 pointsKill 50 enemies that are actively attacking other players

Zombie Army TrilogyDown but not outThe Down but not out achievement in Zombie Army Trilogy worth 55 pointsKill a total of 20 enemies while incapacitated

Zombie Army TrilogyYou're so dead, you don't even know itThe You're so dead, you don't even know it achievement in Zombie Army Trilogy worth 87 pointsComplete any Campaign chapter in 4-player co-op at any difficulty level

Cool, thanks! That's not as bad as I thought. I'll give it a try on solo, and see how it goes from there.
  • nightw0lfnightw0lf1,309,262
    Posted on 01 May 19 at 19:58, Edited on 01 May 19 at 23:21 by nightw0lf
    For those who haven't played this and are curious:

Overall, this is a great game to play in co-op. I did the first run on an easier difficulty with two friends and we used that run to pick up the absolutely stupid number (135) of collectibles (gold bars and bottles, just like SE2). The collectibles really pad the length of the game, just like they did in SE2. We had four for the Sniper Elite difficulty playthrough and it wasn't too bad. Without the collectibles, it definitely went faster. There were a few spots we had some trouble in (particularly the final boss fight), but we got through it in a few evenings.

If you've played Sniper Elite v2, you'll definitely recognize the maps in the first two episodes - they're just tweaks of those maps.

Enjoy!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 May 19 at 21:19
    I love Sniper Elite but I never had any interest in this. “Shoot a whole ton of zombies” just gets old after a while. I haven’t gone back to L4D for that reason.
    I just wanted to play video games.
  • Posted on 01 May 19 at 21:23
    This sure does look promising!
    I feel like dynamite!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads