Game Discussion: Jurassic World Evolution

How to start off on Jurassic Difficulty?

• DombineDombine358,703
    Posted on 01 May 19 at 14:16Permalink
    Can someone, who has knowledge or has got 5 stars, give me advise on exactly how to start off your park on Jurassic Difficulty without using all of your money straight away.

Ideally I'd like someone who knows to upload a screenshot so I can see for myself how they've started the park.

Everytime I start one, I build the Expedition, Fossil and Power Station, a decent size Paddock I can throw a hand full of Vegesauruses in and the gift shop to start gaining money. My income is always £15k-£18k. The problem is I'm literally waiting hours to gain enough money to then be able to progress. I know it's supposed to be difficult but this is just time wasting and boring. It doesn't seem right, there must be a better way.

YouTube just has hints and suggestions on what to do. It would be very useful to see actual gameplay or screenshots on how the park should be started.

If someone could share the knowledge for us all that would be extremely appreciated!!

Dombine
    Dombine
  • TheBigBBTheBigBB310,222
    Posted on 13 May 19 at 09:35, Edited on 13 May 19 at 09:41 by TheBigBBPermalink
    It's been a couple months since I played this game, but I do have every achievement including DLC, so let me try and give you some advice while I happen to have dropped in.

On Jurassic, your income is going to need to be heavily supplemented by two things:

1. Completing contracts. They need to completed at a very rapid pace throughout virtually the entire play, especially if you want the speed achievements. You may even want to save every time you're about to complete one just to make sure the next one isn't unreasonable. If you don't save scum, you should actually pay to get rid of ones that you won't be able to complete in a short amount of time. You don't even want contracts that will "eventually" complete, you want to complete them within a few minutes max, and ideally within a minute. It's going to be hectic, and you may be saving your game a lot. This will also prevent all forms of sabotage from happening since they won't sabotage you when your rep is high.

2. Selling fossils. You want to do everything possible to increase dig site yield and always have out as many expeditions as possible. Dig even when you don't think you need fossils. Sell fossils of dinos you don't intend to ever incubate if you want to.

Besides those two things, there are a couple other tips:

First, make many save files. Make saves when things are looking real good, then keep them in case you want to go back in time. Never save on the same spot twice in a row. There will be times when going back in time 10 minutes could help a lot.

Second, pick dinosaurs that have a high population tolerance and pack pens to the max. You can make like 12(?) Dilophosaurus in one pen, so go for it. No need to hold back. You want to make as few pens as possible to save time and money.

Third, try to only use one hammond building. Make a queue area that has multiple gates leading to different enclosures from the same one, and just open the gate that the dinosaur should go into.

Fourth, do not use genetic modifications. With the exception of aggressive instincts, the points you get per dino are less cost efficient when you use mods. You pay too much for too little gain.

Fifth, do not make dinos that get angry easily. Storms will last a long time. You can prevent all break outs by just having them with a high stress threshold. Use the trait to make them more docile if you need to make a more irritable dinosaur. I forget what it's called offhand. Definitely do not make raptors without that trait, they break out too much.

That's off the top of my head. Hope it helps.
  • GdinutGdinut385,340
    Posted on 15 June 19 at 05:55Permalink
    If you are still having trouble i can help you out, just send me a message on xbox live and i can show you one of my challenge parks on mixer and answer any questions you might have
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.