Site Help Forum

Got something you don't understand? Need to know how something works? Ask here and we'll do our best to help you

Getting Signed Out Daily

AuthorMessage
ChooseMyFate
ChooseMyFate
Posted on 01 May 19 at 23:17
I used to stay signed into this site pretty much indefinitely. Now I'm getting signed out daily. It's just a pain. Any idea why this might be happening? I couldn't find any settings pertaining to it.
-CMF
AtlantisRhythm
Posted on 01 May 19 at 23:28, Edited on 01 May 19 at 23:29 by AtlantisRhythm
In Site Settings > Log In, what is your cookie expiration set to?
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 01 May 19 at 23:45
I just looked at your Site Settings. Seems that your Log In Cookie Expiration is currently blank which is what's causing this. Set that to anywhere you want up to 1 Year and then hit Save at the bottom of the page. It should stop signing you out.
See You Space Cowboy...
ChooseMyFate
ChooseMyFate
Posted on 05 May 19 at 23:40
I just checked and mine was set to 2 weeks. It was logging me out daily. I logged in just yesterday and today I was logged out. I bumped it up to 1 year. Hopefully this will unglitch it. This started happening when I linked my Xbox tag for login. I unlinked it now hoping that will also help. Thanks guys!
-CMF
ChooseMyFate
ChooseMyFate
Posted on 10 May 19 at 12:57
After bumping to 1 year it has made no difference. I have to login daily. This is on two separate machines.
-CMF
ChooseMyFate
ChooseMyFate
Posted on 10 May 19 at 12:59
Reborn Insanity said:
I just looked at your Site Settings. Seems that your Log In Cookie Expiration is currently blank which is what's causing this. Set that to anywhere you want up to 1 Year and then hit Save at the bottom of the page. It should stop signing you out.
This is what I see? Maybe something isn't saving on the server end?

https://imgur.com/BMVDive
-CMF
Mysterio400
Mysterio400
Posted on 10 May 19 at 13:06
Having same issue as you, on home, work and mobile.
JeffMomm
JeffMomm
Posted on 10 May 19 at 13:07
Is your browser set to delete cookies when you close it? If so, that could be another explanation.
ChooseMyFate
ChooseMyFate
Posted on 10 May 19 at 13:08
JeffMomm said:
Is your browser set to delete cookies when you close it? If so, that could be another explanation.
Of course not. I haven't deleted my cookies in years. Every other site keeps me logged in. It's just this one.
-CMF
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 10 May 19 at 16:10
What browser are you guys using? I'm going to assume Chrome
See You Space Cowboy...
ChooseMyFate
ChooseMyFate
Posted on 10 May 19 at 16:13
Reborn Insanity said:
What browser are you guys using? I'm going to assume Chrome
Yessir. Version 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)
-CMF
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 10 May 19 at 16:14
Okay, what OS?
See You Space Cowboy...
ChooseMyFate
ChooseMyFate
Posted on 10 May 19 at 18:38
Reborn Insanity said:
Okay, what OS?
Windows 10.
-CMF
ChooseMyFate
ChooseMyFate
Posted on 10 May 19 at 19:51
I will also note that I've heard from friends with the same Windows/Browser as me that this is also happening to them. I think some people just haven't reported it maybe? The friends I've spoken with have said they haven't felt like reporting it.
-CMF
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 10 May 19 at 20:29
We recently had an issue with older OS such as 8.1, Vista, etc logging people out on Chrome. That was fixed however. I'm logging this and sending it to the devs to be looked into.

In the meantime, could you try using TA on Firefox or a different browser and see if you have a similar issue?
See You Space Cowboy...
ChooseMyFate
ChooseMyFate
Posted on 10 May 19 at 20:31
Reborn Insanity said:
We recently had an issue with older OS such as 8.1, Vista, etc logging people out on Chrome. That was fixed however. I'm logging this and sending it to the devs to be looked into.

In the meantime, could you try using TA on Firefox or a different browser and see if you have a similar issue?
Sure NP. I'll sign in now and give you an update tomorrow. Ill do Firefox/Most recent version/Win 10.
-CMF
Cubivore
Cubivore
Posted on 11 May 19 at 00:11, Edited on 11 May 19 at 01:03 by Cubivore
I use Firefox and have had the same issue for a while now, so it's not a browser thing. It also does it to me both on my Windows 10 PC and my Android phone, so I don't think it's an OS thing either.
ChooseMyFate
ChooseMyFate
Posted on 11 May 19 at 01:14
Cubivore said:
I use Firefox and have had the same issue for a while now, so it's not a browser thing. It also does it to me both on my Windows 10 PC and my Android phone, so I don't think it's an OS thing either.
Thanks for chiming in! I knew this wasn't just me!
-CMF
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 11 May 19 at 02:25
What method are you using to login? Just standard GT and password?
See You Space Cowboy...
ChooseMyFate
ChooseMyFate
Posted on 11 May 19 at 02:27
Reborn Insanity said:
What method are you using to login? Just standard GT and password?
I have tried Username/Password one day. Xbox name another. Both same results.
-CMF
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.