Game Discussion: Thief of Thieves

Party Pooper Achievement.

• Posted on 02 May 19 at 12:32, Edited on 02 May 19 at 12:35 by Buachaill DonaPermalink
    Hi, could someone tell me whats necessary to make that Agent woman show up at the party in act 4 please? I've literally tried everything let Chip die, give her the HDD / say Awful / say nothing. I have also tried everything with Chip staying alive too. I have even redone the whole game every way I can think of, making different choices. But whatever I do she never shows up, Conrad always goes to it. I'm so fed up trying to think of different things to try now.

Thanks for any help.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv437,983
    Posted on 02 May 19 at 18:53Permalink
    Hopefully this isn't a series of specific dialog choices during the interview segments starting from the first volume. I can't say I'd look forward to playing though this entire game again.

I just tried all of the different options from the end of volume 3, then played through volume 4 in different ways, but as you already know none of those work.

I haven't been able to figure out "It's on Now!" (revealed a phony) - my idea was that it had to do with the 2 guys at the investors party who are both saying they invented "tygrr" but I couldn't get any series of events to lead to that, so am I on the wrong path there?
    Streets Ahead
  • Posted on 03 May 19 at 07:29Permalink
    XenomorphFiend said:
    Hopefully this isn't a series of specific dialog choices during the interview segments starting from the first volume. I can't say I'd look forward to playing though this entire game again.

I just tried all of the different options from the end of volume 3, then played through volume 4 in different ways, but as you already know none of those work.

I haven't been able to figure out "It's on Now!" (revealed a phony) - my idea was that it had to do with the 2 guys at the investors party who are both saying they invented "tygrr" but I couldn't get any series of events to lead to that, so am I on the wrong path there?
    Ok I managed to get Party Pooper to pop, I had to do the following,
    1, replay from the casing the house in LA in volume one, and got every optional objective it asked of me.
    2, I stole the hdd and Chip dies.
    3, in the interrogation after Chip dies and Ikeda asks about Chip I chose the following option. I choose the left option first, cant remember the actual wording but it WASNT the "my fault" or "..." options, Then I chose "awful".
    4, after the interrogation and the following group meeting where the other hack is introduced I climbed the ladder and spoke to Conrad, and spoke about Ikeda, and asked what proof she had against him. At the end of his reply he said he had to lay low for a while. Then Ikeda will show up instead of Conrad at the party.

As for the It's on now achievement, at the beginning of the party you want to go over the the Bronnie before doing anything else so that the option to talk to him shows up, but dont talk to him, because the other guy you steal the fob from will interrupt and kill your conversation. I stole the other guys fob to trigger him talking to bronnie guy, and waited till they and the conversation with the hostess finished before talking to him, I chose to ask if he was an investor. Then once our conversation is over the other guy will mingle with a couple groups of people and brag that he invented it. You will then be able to tell the bronnie the other guy is bragging about being the inventor.
  • Posted on 03 May 19 at 17:44Permalink
    Thanks for the info but who is Bronnie at the party?
  • Posted on 03 May 19 at 19:53Permalink
    The guy with the My Little Pony bag in the corner of the first area of the party.
    Posted on 03 May 19 at 22:54Permalink
    Well, I started a new game. Did all optional objectives on every chapter of every volume, answered the interview questions after Chip dies as stated and when I went to talk to Redmond at the start of volume 4 he still says Celia threw Ikeda off his trail. There must be some other necessary details further back in the story that I missed.
    Streets Ahead
    Posted on 04 May 19 at 00:29, Edited on 04 May 19 at 00:32 by SchinderdivPermalink
    Got it! I had to go from volume 2, when you break into the old man's house. You need to have done the exact steps you did for
    Thief of ThievesUnderestimated HerThe Underestimated Her achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 48 pointsWere too witty for your own good.
    on your playthrough. I played through the rest of the game from here. I did zero optional objectives on the night train station mission and recklessly went as fast as possible through the level, that way there was security footage of Celia. When the next interrogation scene played out, I chose something about "Just Kids" (I think it was a Y button choice). For volume 3, choosing to maintain the recklessness I went through the steps necessary for
    Thief of ThievesThe Big BluffThe The Big Bluff achievement in Thief of Thieves worth 50 pointsTalked your way through it.
    and escaped the train by detonating the explosives at the back. For the rest of the chapter 3 I went on to steal the hard drive and answer the interrogation questions as you stated and everything else went correctly.

I'm not sure exactly how much of that is necesaary, but it does seem that your playthrough might need to have other certain dialog options with Ikeda from previous volumes for her to show up.

Thanks a ton for your help, it still helped me a lot!
    Streets Ahead
  • Posted on 04 May 19 at 02:53Permalink
    Thanks, I don't know if it matters or not but for some reason I couldn't get that guy to talk so I redid the last chapter of volume 3 and had Chip live and then when I got to the party, I had to go into the next room first, then come back to the first room and then the two people talk to him and then I was able to talk to him.
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,139,076
    Posted on 05 May 19 at 14:12Permalink
    Dunno what to do anymore, done everything everyone has mentioned here, Ikeda is still thrown off the trail. Is there some specific dialogue I'm missing? Did every single interrogation and tried to screw them up rather than pass them. Nothing. This and one other achievement just wont work for me (since Sonia is broken for me in part 5 so I can't get the Straight Up either).
  • Posted on 05 May 19 at 16:32Permalink
    omg this games achievements are horrible. Also have no idea how to get the Upgraded Access achievement which looks like a lot of people got
    Posted on 05 May 19 at 16:54Permalink
    In chapter 2 when you're at the party, I waited till after I had talked to St John (so don't mark the alarms) and looked out of the window in the first room, you can spot the ladder on the left and St John's hostess who you can steal another fob off of.
  • Posted on 05 May 19 at 17:00Permalink
    haha I just got party pooper and I have literally no idea how. I wasnt even attempting it. I just replayed the last chapter of volume 3 and had chip live so I could get that one for talking to him at the beginning of volume 4. I did nothing different in between. And it popped right when I entered the party. I cannot explain this shit.
    Posted on 05 May 19 at 18:10Permalink
    By the sounds of it it also has to do with previous decisions in other episodes, so I guess you just made all the right ones. Since there's nothing concrete yet and fully confirmed, I guess I'm going to be spending 20+ hours on this episode to complete it...
  • Posted on 06 May 19 at 11:05, Edited on 06 May 19 at 16:09 by Ryan D StimoPermalink
    My guess this will be linked to the interviews. I expect it will be for giving info to her as opposed to her getting nothing.

There are 3 sections in the interview parts where the sound turns to chimes. here is where you have to make a decision.

There is one in each chapter. Depending on what you say Redmond will respond with a "well done" or "you said too much".

I expect you need to get 2 out of the three wrong for her to appear. If not 2 then it would have to be all three.

Doing a run at the moment where I am going for 2 wrong.
    They are...
    Chapter 2 said that the old guy had it coming. (After breaking into the house)
    Chapter 3 Saying awful when she asks you one more question. (Stole HDD)

Hoping this works. The one In chapter 1 is right at the begging of the game.
  • Posted on 06 May 19 at 16:38Permalink
    Got It.
    Copied what XenomorphFiend said. During chapter 2 said that the old guy had it coming.
    During chapter 3 I stole the HDD and replied with Awful when she asked her last question.
    At this point Richmond says that he is not too convinced that she bought the answers.
    In London. Talk to Richmond and when questioned about what Ikeda has on him he will say that she is in London and he needs to lie low. That is the indication that she will show at the party.
  • MuscularTeaMuscularTea741,925
    Posted on 06 May 19 at 23:30Permalink
    What was the one at the beginning of chapter 1? I did the other 2 at never got her to show up.
  • Ryn0 LRyn0 L474,461
    Posted on 07 May 19 at 04:13Permalink
    Do you have to play everything floor the choices to carry through? Or can you just replay the chapters that the interviews are in?
    Posted on 07 May 19 at 04:20Permalink
    Everything from the point where you made a new choice. So if you make a new one after going into the dudes house in chapter 2, you need to play from there for it to save all the way through the game.
  • Ryn0 LRyn0 L474,461
    Posted on 07 May 19 at 05:04Permalink
    That sucks. Have to replay half the game just for this one achievement.
    Posted on 07 May 19 at 05:09Permalink
    Yup, I had to replay the whole thing really, as it wasn't working with just Volume 2 and 3's choices.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.