Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

April 2019 Delistings: Telltale Games, WWE 2K, and More

• MathGuy42MathGuy42601,294
    Posted on 05 May 19 at 17:32Permalink
    superniceguy said:
    FoolsAndKings said:
    A couple of the times I tried to download GoT 360 version episodes it gave me an error, but I just tried again and it downloaded. Got all of them now. I'm in UK
    I wonder if they have fixed things now, and Minecraft Season 2 will work as well now?
    My digital Season Pass for Minecraft Season 2 on 360 still failed with error 80153003. I tried after seeing the post by FoolsAndKings. I'm in the US, so maybe Minecraft Season 2 will work in the UK, but I'm doubtful.

I agree with you that there should be a warning of delistings. In this case, they would have to additionally warn that players need to start up the games and make sure all episodes are downloaded. Since I own the digital Season Pass, I assumed I was OK. Only after this article came out did I learn that I can't download Episodes 2-5 because I didn't get it done earlier.
  • ANARCHIANANARCHIAN82,733
    Posted on 05 May 19 at 18:41, Edited on 05 May 19 at 18:42 by ANARCHIANPermalink
    Tried perusing this thread before posting as I didn't see anyone comment on this issue, so sorry if it's already been brought up, but...

TWD 1, 2, 3, and Michonne are on GamePass. Are these affected by the delistings? I suspect not because it's just the "collection" that's being removed, right?
  • KedrixKedrix165,059
    Posted on 06 May 19 at 11:55Permalink
    So on Friday, I was able to download all of the episodes to Game of Thrones from my disc. However, we were gone over the weekend, we went to the In-Laws to celebrate my son's birthday (he turned 4)...so I really didn't have a chance to post. Now whether I was lucky, or there is a serious bug in what's going on I'm not sure but I'll share what I did in hopes that the rest of you with discs can get go ahead and get this over with.

When the news dropped, that night I went home and played with it. Tried everything like many did here. I installed Episode 1 and the season pass and couldn't get it to register. Also installed Guardians of the Galaxy and the 5 episodes as well (since all bets are off the table at this point). Gave up that night, ticked off obviously (I'm sure my wife loved hearing about it).

Next day before we are going to leave, I decide to try it one more time. Worse case scenario, it will take 5 minutes and it won't work. So, I put in the disc, it boots up the game and all of the episodes still say "Coming Soon". Exit out of the game, and go to manage. And I notice it spinning for a moment where it shows updates/ready to install. (Which before it just flat out told me the previous day I had nothing). Then suddenly it came up, all 6 episodes. I hit download on that sucker as quick as possible. I actually had to leave in fact (I had it on auto off after 30 minutes, no worries there).

When I came back home, all 6 episodes were there ((they will have - Disc on the end of each one), under Episodes in the game it says all episodes Purchased and Installed. Everything is awesome. Played the first chapter last night. So again, maybe I got lucky, maybe it needs that lag in there to recognize that you have the Season Pass installed. I truly believe they didn't remove it from the "owners" per say but there isn't certainly something buggy about getting it to trigger properly.
    Michael Durr Gamertag: Kedrix www.kedrix.net
  • VidGamiacVidGamiac1,053,132
    Posted on 06 May 19 at 12:03Permalink
    ANARCHIAN said:
    Tried perusing this thread before posting as I didn't see anyone comment on this issue, so sorry if it's already been brought up, but...

TWD 1, 2, 3, and Michonne are on GamePass. Are these affected by the delistings? I suspect not because it's just the "collection" that's being removed, right?
    Yup, just The Collection (which has its own achievement list and also a physical release) and the Windows 10 stacks were pulled. I wouldn't worry too much about the Xbox One versions of the standalones. Skybound will be republishing them in a Definitive Series Collection physically in September.
  • Llamaman2Llamaman2180,192
    Posted on 06 May 19 at 19:24Permalink
    I was out of town over the weekend and came back to try GoT Xbox One again. Episodes 3 & 5 were available to download with my disc copy and specifically say "Episode 3.... Disc Version". That gives me some hope the other episodes make it at some point.
  • Posted on 06 May 19 at 21:21Permalink
    So .. . . With regard to WWE 2K delisted games, digital ownership seems to now be limted to what is already on your hard drive physically, with no re-download option for either the base game or DLC (with the exception of 2K16 base game, which I was still able to grab from the 'Game with Gold' tab).

I had 2K15 and associated DLC on the internal drive and was able to move it successfully via usb drive and it works fine, though.

So, anybody happen to live in the bay area and have the 2K17 DLC files that they can share? I believe this would work as I chatted with Microsoft customer support and my digital rights are intact.
  • TwistedTBTwistedTB568,741
    Posted on 06 May 19 at 22:11, Edited on 08 May 19 at 23:02 by TwistedTBPermalink
    Just checked today and all episodes for Game of Thrones for the Xbox One (physical disc version) are now available to be downloaded. Yay!
    Warmest regards, TwistedTB.
  • Llamaman2Llamaman2180,192
    Posted on 07 May 19 at 01:31Permalink
    Same, it appears rights to the episodes for the disc version are fully working now!
  • Posted on 08 May 19 at 05:08Permalink
    Thanks for this news article btw!
  • MAJORPOOPYMAJORPOOPY852,074
    Posted on 21 May 19 at 02:10Permalink
    Ummm...on Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 (Win 10) I have the ability to purchase episodes and season pass. I haven't actually gone all the way through with it...but all I had DL'd previously was episode 1.
    -Major
  • w00dm4nw00dm4n130,751
    Posted on 03 June 19 at 01:37Permalink
    i was able to redownload WWE 2k18 from the xbox.com page but 2k15 and 2k17 don't show up at all.
  • SveinpusSveinpus128,930
    Posted on 08 June 19 at 04:41, Edited on 10 June 19 at 08:35 by SveinpusPermalink
    I downloaded GoT Telltale (Xbox 360) today and could also download the DLCs. I had previously bought the game pass.

Edit: I posted this to an article, I see now that this has been confirmed already.
  • Posted on 15 June 19 at 00:45Permalink
    TimeSplitter510 said:
    So .. . . With regard to WWE 2K delisted games, digital ownership seems to now be limted to what is already on your hard drive physically, with no re-download option for either the base game or DLC (with the exception of 2K16 base game, which I was still able to grab from the 'Game with Gold' tab).

I had 2K15 and associated DLC on the internal drive and was able to move it successfully via usb drive and it works fine, though.

So, anybody happen to live in the bay area and have the 2K17 DLC files that they can share? I believe this would work as I chatted with Microsoft customer support and my digital rights are intact.
    Fuck! I deleted everything from 2K16 & 2K17 off my hard drive back before I had a new one to save space. I kept 15 because I knew you couldn’t redownload Hogan but I wasn’t expecting this, this sucks!!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.