Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

April 2019 Delistings: Telltale Games, WWE 2K, and More

• D3m0nF0rc3D3m0nF0rc3763,802
    Posted on 03 May 19 at 14:29Permalink
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    m4xchart said:
    Purchased season pass (Mineceraft Story - 2) on april 30th and cannot download the episodes. I asked Microsoft for a refund. How come you can buy something on the store and can't use it only 2 days after ?
    I own the season pass digitally, and only episode 1 shown on my ready to install list (Same with GOT). Maybe the same workaround the works for GOT works for this game? I'm at work so I can't investigate further right now. While I've completed season 2 and don't plan on DL'ing/playing again...this highlights the potentially bleak future of digital gaming.
    This sounds like the season pass is owned but you haven't downloaded the related dlc to link that to your account prior to it being delisted issue.

If they wish to market stuff in this way then purchasing a Season pass should automatically link all related content to the account that purchased the season pass. Content added to the market place after a Season pass is purchased but is part of the season pass should also automatically become linked to all current season pass holders accounts.

If a retail disc is inserted then all content that is automatically included as part of that product including any digitally available only content should always be available when said disc is inserted.

Problems simply solved in two paragraphs and by no means difficult to actually implement in practice but it seems protecting their consumers from unfair loss is not high on their list of priorities.

Don't be fobbed off, if Microsoft customer services refuse to resolve the issue of innacessible dlc for such issues request the issue be elevated to a supervisor level, if they still refuse to resolve the issue demand financial redress, if they refuse threaten them with court and intent to report them to your local consumer rights organisation.

Make a record of all communications.
  • Dyet1300Dyet1300498,512
    Posted on 03 May 19 at 15:41Permalink
    IBKJJ said:
    I bought a code for Minecraft Story Mode Complete Adventure for 7 bucks and I was able to download all the episodes. In case somebody it's interested here it's the link

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/minecraft-story-mode-...
    Just did the same. Can confirm this works for the complete edition of Minecraft season 1. I wasn't able to find any other telltale games listed on cdkeys.com, but I may have not looked hard enough.
  • FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN285,342
    Posted on 03 May 19 at 15:48, Edited on 03 May 19 at 15:50 by FOKENWOLFENPermalink
    EarthboundX said:
    xLil SheWolfx said:
    So I am assuming that if none of the Dlc's are not in the download history then your in trouble.
    I was able to download eps for 3 of the Xbox 360 games I had never downloaded before.
    Me too, I had never downloaded a single episode of GoT on 360 and almost downloaded them all last night for every TT game I had, tonight I will finish with the Wolf Among us and Batman Games. For some reason it was more complicated on XBOX-1

That being said, sometimes stuff on the 360 download history become unrecognizable stuff that you cant download again.
  • Posted on 03 May 19 at 15:59Permalink
    keoskey said:
    I assume this wont last long skybound games will get the telltale games republished
    They only want TWD games. They don’t give a shit about Minecraft Story Mode headspin
  • Vr EnglishVr English648,839
    Posted on 03 May 19 at 16:00Permalink
    So...
    Zombie Apocalypse multiplayer anyone? Always meant to get round to it. Do have it installed.
  • I ASK NO ONEI ASK NO ONE551,525
    Posted on 03 May 19 at 16:36Permalink
    Maybe they will add them back again sometime. It's a great way to boost sales on older games.
    I ASK NO ONE
  • X1 TwoX1 Two642,210
    Posted on 03 May 19 at 16:54Permalink
    Posted on 03 May 19 at 17:05Permalink
  • X1 TwoX1 Two642,210
  • Posted on 03 May 19 at 17:22Permalink
    Just read all the pages of comments and I'm still a bit confused. Conversation keeps veering all over the place from game-to-game and platform-to-platform.

As far as X1 goes, and from the perspective of if you haven't purchased any of this content before, can someone confirm this is right?

Minecraft S1 - You can buy the complete season (ep1-8) on cdkeys and that will work.
    The Walking Dead Collection - All content is on the disc version.
    Minecraft S2 - it's gone - no way to get it now.
    Game of Thrones - it's gone - no way to get it now.

Have I summarised correctly?
  • Posted on 03 May 19 at 17:30Permalink
    MasterChief Tom said:
    Just read all the pages of comments and I'm still a bit confused. Conversation keeps veering all over the place from game-to-game and platform-to-platform.

As far as X1 goes, and from the perspective of if you haven't purchased any of this content before, can someone confirm this is right?

Minecraft S1 - You can buy the complete season (ep1-8) on cdkeys and that will work.

Minecraft One and TWD Collection are accurate. The others I’m not sure. Those season pass discs for Minecraft Two and GoT should work because DLC was reconfigured on Xbox One but if people are saying they don’t work then I don’t know. I downloaded Minecraft Two off my disc about six months ago and I don’t have GoT
  • ZerodactylZerodactyl242,892
    Posted on 03 May 19 at 17:32Permalink
    MasterChief Tom said:

You're pretty much spot on except the physical copy of Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2 still works.

Here's a thread with all the Telltale games that work and don't work: Telltale delistings what still works megathread
  • m4xchartm4xchart181,187
    Posted on 03 May 19 at 19:01Permalink
    D3m0nF0rc3 said:
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    m4xchart said:
    Purchased season pass (Mineceraft Story - 2) on april 30th and cannot download the episodes. I asked Microsoft for a refund. How come you can buy something on the store and can't use it only 2 days after ?
    I own the season pass digitally, and only episode 1 shown on my ready to install list (Same with GOT). Maybe the same workaround the works for GOT works for this game? I'm at work so I can't investigate further right now. While I've completed season 2 and don't plan on DL'ing/playing again...this highlights the potentially bleak future of digital gaming.
    This sounds like the season pass is owned but you haven't downloaded the related dlc to link that to your account prior to it being delisted issue.

If they wish to market stuff in this way then purchasing a Season pass should automatically link all related content to the account that purchased the season pass. Content added to the market place after a Season pass is purchased but is part of the season pass should also automatically become linked to all current season pass holders accounts.

If a retail disc is inserted then all content that is automatically included as part of that product including any digitally available only content should always be available when said disc is inserted.

Problems simply solved in two paragraphs and by no means difficult to actually implement in practice but it seems protecting their consumers from unfair loss is not high on their list of priorities.

Don't be fobbed off, if Microsoft customer services refuse to resolve the issue of innacessible dlc for such issues request the issue be elevated to a supervisor level, if they still refuse to resolve the issue demand financial redress, if they refuse threaten them with court and intent to report them to your local consumer rights organisation.

Make a record of all communications.
    FYI, they reimbursed me 100% of the cost.
    Posted on 03 May 19 at 19:52, Edited on 03 May 19 at 20:36 by FOKENWOLFENPermalink
    MasterChief Tom said:

You can download the episodes from games of thrones through a microsoft store canada link, just change to your region once it loads and make sure you have the option checked to allow remote downloads on your xbox 1
  • Posted on 03 May 19 at 20:39Permalink
    D3m0nF0rc3 said:
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    m4xchart said:

The thing s I've already completed both and uninstalled them. So, I def redeemed the individual episodes. It's not that big of a deal *in this case* because I don't ever plan on downloading/playing them again....but if this can happen to these games it can happen to any games.

I'm def pushing completing my remaining telltale games with episodes downloaded to the front of the line.
    Hola
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,248,210
    Posted on 03 May 19 at 22:42, Edited on 03 May 19 at 22:44 by EarthboundXPermalink
    X1 Two said:The first ep of season 1 used to be in my ready to install list yesterday, but it's not anymore for some reason, the first ep of season 2 is there, just not 1.

Guess I'll just get it from the completed physical edition I bought from MS yesterday ocne it gets here.
  • FWR GeorgieFWR Georgie508,455
    Posted on 03 May 19 at 23:33Permalink
    If I have the games, but not the season pass on Win10, can I download them at a later date?
  • KenH2k4KenH2k4529,635
    Posted on 03 May 19 at 23:59Permalink
    I was just able to download episode 2 of GoT for 360 from disc. It was never in my download history
    I didn't start it but it says installed in game. Was this fixed or am I just confused?
  • Biohazard17Biohazard17210,435
    Posted on 04 May 19 at 00:04Permalink
    Just a question, if i own GoT and i already had all the episodes downloaded then am i ok for the achivements or the achievements even when i have the game installed will not pop because of the the games been delisted?
  • Posted on 04 May 19 at 00:14Permalink
    Biohazard17 said:
    Just a question, if i own GoT and i already had all the episodes downloaded then am i ok for the achivements or the achievements even when i have the game installed will not pop because of the the games been delisted?
    You are fine. Delistings have nothing to do with Achievements.
    Hola
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.