Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

April 2019 Delistings: Telltale Games, WWE 2K, and More

• Dyet1300Dyet1300503,684
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 04 May 19 at 02:27Permalink
    Beachem said:
    God dammit! Wish I would have had a heads up on this
    You did. Once telltale went under there were hints everywhere of delistings.
    Obtained the shadows rushed me.
  • Posted on 04 May 19 at 02:57Permalink
    YouCantSaveHer said:
    Beachem said:
    Well excuse me for expecting the XB1 discs to work
  • Posted on 04 May 19 at 03:03Permalink
    I just checked GOT and 3 episodes (Ep 1, 3, 5) as well as the season pass are now showing up on my ready to install list (yesterday it was just ep. 1). I think it's a glitch, because the links still allow you to download them, and they haven't been removed from the PS4 (Delisted yes, but still showing)
    Hola
  • Posted on 04 May 19 at 07:47Permalink
    I own them my xbox one x s..t its self harddrive failure. I wanted to finish these but all were on my internal hard. New xbox wont b here until tomm.
  • ZerodactylZerodactyl242,926
    Posted on 04 May 19 at 07:47Permalink
    KenH2k4 said:
    I was just able to download episode 2 of GoT for 360 from disc. It was never in my download history
    I didn't start it but it says installed in game. Was this fixed or am I just confused?
    The disc for Game of Thrones on Xbox 360 works, however the physical disc on Xbox One does not. It’s the Xbox One physical copy that doesn’t allow you to download the episodes anymore.
  • TwistedTBTwistedTB572,594
    Posted on 04 May 19 at 08:47Permalink
    Xbox One physical disc for Game of Thrones is currently allowing you to download episodes 3 and 5, but not 2, 4, or 6. Maybe they will all come back then? I downloaded 3 and 5 just in case, but I won't be starting the game unless all episodes become available again and its completable.
    Warmest regards, TwistedTB.
    Posted on 04 May 19 at 09:05, Edited on 04 May 19 at 09:06 by ZerodactylPermalink
    TwistedTB said:
    Xbox One physical disc for Game of Thrones is currently allowing you to download episodes 3 and 5, but not 2, 4, or 6. Maybe they will all come back then? I downloaded 3 and 5 just in case, but I won't be starting the game unless all episodes become available again and its completable.
    Really? When I insert my disc into the console all the episodes show up as 'coming soon' in-game. Did episodes 3 and 5 automatically show in your download queue when you put the disc into your console?
  • II Kazz IIII Kazz II1,174,355
    Posted on 04 May 19 at 11:43Permalink
    Batman vasnished from PSN Store weeks ago, but the second one can still be bought.
  • thug 4ng3lthug 4ng3l486,718
    Posted on 04 May 19 at 13:25Permalink
    Wish there was some warning I bet they'd have made a bit of money with people grabbing these. I'd have definitely bought them.
    thug 4ng3l YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtSJQML-jCO3oIQJPpVSkdg?view_as=subscriber
  • Posted on 04 May 19 at 18:59Permalink
    damn i was really looking for some easy gamerscore i'll have to complete all the games that work until its too late
    yungshyne222
  • MathGuy42MathGuy42601,702
    Posted on 04 May 19 at 19:20Permalink
    Buttercup III said:
    YouCantSaveHer said:
    Beachem said:
    Well excuse me for expecting the XB1 discs to work
    My Digital Season Pass for Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two (Xbox 360) also does not work, at least not for downloading Episodes 2-5. Those with the disc report the same issue. Obviously these are single player games; they should continue to work.
  • TwistedTBTwistedTB572,594
    Posted on 04 May 19 at 22:09Permalink
    Zerodactyl said:
    TwistedTB said:
    Really? When I insert my disc into the console all the episodes show up as 'coming soon' in-game. Did episodes 3 and 5 automatically show in your download queue when you put the disc into your console?
    I had the same experience a couple days ago, with all episodes showing as "Coming Soon." When I checked again recently, episodes 3 and 5 were showing as "available, but not installed" or something like that. So I downloaded them and now they are showing as "Purchased & Installed" but 2,4, and 6 still say "Coming Soon".
    Warmest regards, TwistedTB.
  • Posted on 04 May 19 at 22:48Permalink
    I can confirm that the xbox one physical copy of Minecraft: Story mode season 2 does work, inserted the disc and all 5 episodes and season pass added to my download queue, it also had a 7 GB update.
    Cheers 'n' Beers
  • WorKevWorKev185,947
    Posted on 05 May 19 at 09:44Permalink
    Can you still buy Minecraft Story Mode digitally from elsewhere, cdkeys has season 1, or does it have to be on disk now?
    Posted on 05 May 19 at 11:39, Edited on 05 May 19 at 11:40 by ZerodactylPermalink
    TwistedTB said:
    Zerodactyl said:
    TwistedTB said:
    I had the same experience a couple days ago, with all episodes showing as "Coming Soon." When I checked again recently, episodes 3 and 5 were showing as "available, but not installed" or something like that. So I downloaded them and now they are showing as "Purchased & Installed" but 2,4, and 6 still say "Coming Soon".
    Wow, you're absolutely correct! Episodes 3 and 5 are now available for me too and I can download them. Thanks a lot for posting this info! Here's hoping episodes 2, 4 and 6 will be available soon as well. It's super weird how episodes 3 and 5 are now randomly available to download but the rest aren't.
  • Posted on 05 May 19 at 12:41Permalink
    Minecraft Season 1 and 2 Disc Xbox 1 and GOT 360 all worked for me
  • MathGuy42MathGuy42601,702
    Posted on 05 May 19 at 12:51Permalink
    WorKev said:
    Can you still buy Minecraft Story Mode digitally from elsewhere, cdkeys has season 1, or does it have to be on disk now?
    Yes, according to these earlier posts.
    Dyet1300 said:
    IBKJJ said:
    I bought a code for Minecraft Story Mode Complete Adventure for 7 bucks and I was able to download all the episodes. In case somebody it's interested here it's the link

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/minecraft-story-mode-...
    Just did the same. Can confirm this works for the complete edition of Minecraft season 1. I wasn't able to find any other telltale games listed on cdkeys.com, but I may have not looked hard enough.
  • Posted on 05 May 19 at 14:23Permalink
    A couple of the times I tried to download GoT 360 version episodes it gave me an error, but I just tried again and it downloaded. Got all of them now. I'm in UK
  • superniceguysuperniceguy274,456
    Posted on 05 May 19 at 17:04Permalink
    FoolsAndKings said:
    A couple of the times I tried to download GoT 360 version episodes it gave me an error, but I just tried again and it downloaded. Got all of them now. I'm in UK
    I wonder if they have fixed things now, and Minecraft Season 2 will work as well now?

Considering Microsoft owns Minecraft it is not good for them to have titles not working on their machine, and does not much good for the all digutal S

I bought Season 2 on disc for 360 last year when it seemed to be getting rare. Now people are selling it £40+. I suppose collectors who want sealed Xbox 360 games without intent to play price may hold value. I am not opening mine unless I know it works. If opened I doubt these will carry much value now.

These games are hit and miss, some work some don't. Even if bought and downloaded the games are not showing in download list either.

We should always have notice of stuff being delisted, especially if it causes bought stuff not to work again. Telltale games obviously have a set contract period that when expired they get delisted. Why is it so hard for companies to make the expiration dates known? I am going to be campaigning about this as it puts digital purchases at risk, and no future security.

This is putting me of buying new stuff lately, and I may just continue gaming from the past. I can still play all my Spectrum games on my Spectrum +2 bought over 30 years ago, and will continue to be able to do so. My Spectrum may even outlive me!

On Sky they display expiry dates years ahead, I see I can download some box sets until 2022, before it gets removed, Game of Thrones gets removed at end of May 2019. Sometimes when the date comes they do not get removed as renewed the licence. This is the way to go.

It is good knowing the expiry dates as can prioritise the games to play and stops wasting time and money. Trying to guess which titles will poof next just drives you insane, when you focus on something else that does not poof, when you should have focussed on stuff that did poof.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.