Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge and Trials Evolution Now Backward Compatible

AuthorMessage
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 03 May 19 at 12:38
Elyoh said:
Why is Trials delisted? What IP does it have that would cause that?
Agreed. Additionally - What is the MS incentive to test and approve it for BC, if they're not going to make it (and DLC) available digitally? Shouldn't these be opportunities to cash in on BC?
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 03 May 19 at 13:45
I just viewed Maka's guides for the Squirrels Achievements - I need these DLC's somehow.
adamrulz
adamrulz
Posted on 03 May 19 at 14:00
I just hope the DLC is available for Evo.... The original Trials HD is BC but it doesn't let you play the DLC, which is over half of the game. The only 3 achievements I have left in EVO, are for DLCs... Fingers crossed.
Rhhe82
Rhhe82
Posted on 03 May 19 at 15:05
adamrulz said:
I just hope the DLC is available for Evo.... The original Trials HD is BC but it doesn't let you play the DLC, which is over half of the game. The only 3 achievements I have left in EVO, are for DLCs... Fingers crossed.
I feel I’m repeating myself, but I haven’t had any trouble playing DLCs in Trials HD with backwards compatibility?
Sky Maniac
Sky Maniac
Posted on 03 May 19 at 15:33
Rhhe82 said:
adamrulz said:
I feel I’m repeating myself, but I haven’t had any trouble playing DLCs in Trials HD with backwards compatibility?
Same here...
Trials HD dlc worked fine, never downloaded it on the 360 - maybe the licence isn't transferring properly.
Flaming Mystic
Posted on 03 May 19 at 16:57
halohogg said:
Elyoh said:
Agreed. Additionally - What is the MS incentive to test and approve it for BC, if they're not going to make it (and DLC) available digitally? Shouldn't these be opportunities to cash in on BC?
My guess would be that Trials Evolution has a title screen song (and maybe other songs in the game) that could have expired licences which I presumed caused the delist. I could be wrong though.

There are other delisted games that are BC (e.g. Forza Horizon) although that may have been delisted after the fact. However I also think there are others such as Axel and Pixel that also went BC after the delist (if I recall that one correctly).
Dr Drew 9
Dr Drew 9
Posted on 03 May 19 at 19:48
Can anyone confirm that if you owned the DLC for Evo that it's backwards compatible as well? Hell of an add!
SEEPAGE ix
SEEPAGE ix
Posted on 03 May 19 at 21:35
Dr Drew 9 said:
Can anyone confirm that if you owned the DLC for Evo that it's backwards compatible as well? Hell of an add!
Yes, I installed both of the DLC's. Also wanted to mention for anyone that still has access to the game on 360 (and Gold), you can move your downloaded tracks to the cloud for quick and easy access on the One.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 04 May 19 at 02:44
Flaming Mystic said:
halohogg said:
Elyoh said:
My guess would be that Trials Evolution has a title screen song (and maybe other songs in the game) that could have expired licences which I presumed caused the delist. I could be wrong though.
I would assume it was music, it just seems odd as few games ever run into this issue. To note, I haven't played the game, I was just curious as to what had caused the delist.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Mr Fiddler
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 04 May 19 at 15:00
Just a note to anyone who was excited about Trials on back compat, at least two of us that were using 360 cloud saves have found that all of our progress has been reset:

Back compat and 360 cloud saves?

angry
Xardas945
Xardas945
Posted on 06 May 19 at 08:20
Now put NG3 on sale please!smile
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.