Game Discussion: Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two (Xbox 360)

Telltale delistings what still works megathread

• RexJerichoHardyRexJerichoHardy1,259,516
    Posted on 05 June 19 at 12:46
    MathGuy42 said:
    RexJerichoHardy said:
    Hi, I got the complete collection of Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 and episode 6-8 won't say I own them so it keeps saying buy :(
    Is this X1 or 360? Disc or digital? I'm guessing digital since all the episodes are on disc.

Is the Adventure Pass file installed? If it's X1, do the links in this post allow you to download the episodes?

A couple others had a similar issue and a hard reset of their Xbox One fixed the problem.
    Disc Xbox One, it is the complete edition, I manage to get it sorted, I had to removed the entire game from my xbox on my main account, then log in with a second account and install it via disc and launched to check for episode 6-8, previous my main account had season 1 w/season pass exc. Adventure Pass but thanks for the assist tho :) here is a list below step wise to make it easy

1) on main profile remove Minecraft Story Mode (if it is 1-5 ex 6-8)
    2) sign in or create another account that doesn't have it on
    3) the install it via Disc (complete 1-8 and after install it still requires the disc for e6-8)
    4) sign back into your main one and load the disc and you should have access
    Rex J. Hardy (Hater's <3 Love)
  • Bastian ReaderBastian Reader1,717,962
    Posted on 06 June 19 at 15:50, Edited on 06 June 19 at 15:51 by Bastian Reader
    TangerineGamer said:
    Bastian Reader said:
    Ultimate Telltale Delisting Guide

Guide as to what is listed and delisted and what works.
    As I stated earlier in this thread the disc version of Batman Enemy Within has all episodes on the disc. I didn't need to download anything from the store so I think it should still work if/when the episodes are delisted.
    With the Xbox One insert the disc and the episodes will start to download. This does not mean the episodes are on the disc. The disc simply starts the download for all DLC from the store.

Telltale began releasing season pass discs with Game of Thrones which contains only the first episode. The season pass disc unlocks the ability to download the rest of the DLC, but it is not a guarantee that you will be able to download the DLC if the game is DELISTED as we can see with Minecraft. SO MAKE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE DLC IF YOU HAVE A SEASON PASS DISC as it may not work in the future.
  • Posted on 06 June 19 at 18:22
    D1SCO said:
    My disc of Minecraft s2 360 arrived and as expected I am suffering from the same issue as MathGuy42, downloads just will not finish no matter what I try.

Unfortunately I suspect because of the way the 360 works for redeeming digital content on disc they probably can't fix the issue without relisting it completely and I really can't see them doing that, even temporarily.
    So I may have a way in which you or others can complete it post shutdown...

This would require testing and both trust and co-operation between people here. IF it works it'd most likely also would also work for other such titles split between disk license and downloaded content (such as the truly awful TT GoT game)

Say I had the game and all episodes downloaded to my console... (I don't, nor do I particularly care to). AFAIK it would be possible for me to move those files onto a 360-formatted USB pen drive for me to play on another console. Or lend to a friend.

You have a disk, containing E1 and the license for the rest of the episodes. Wouldn't it then be possible for me to send you that USB to play the full title utilising your own disk-based license (or for me to send you my game disk and USB)? As the DLC couldn't be played without a console, account or disk license it'd be no different to be sending you any other used game, albeit more convoluted... Yes?

If so all episodes are completable by any of us post-shutdown, albeit with more hassle and expense.
  • ezhnoezhno560,560
    Posted on 07 June 19 at 05:54
    IAteA11ThePies said:
    As the DLC couldn't be played without a console, account or disk license it'd be no different to be sending you any other used game, albeit more convoluted... Yes?
    That's why I made a thread the other day seeking anyone with the files themselves already downloaded. I see no reason it shouldn't work. That doesn't mean it will work, but I'd like to test it nonetheless. Honestly the cost of a small drive and simple postage wouldn't be that much, just a few dollars. It just requires someone willing to move the files and mail it off.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 June 19 at 07:18
    i've not tested a usb, but i have had a friends gamertag and download them, then log on my account and it just does an infinite loop of recognizing its there would you like to install it. it never fully installs.
    i can log out and log on his on the same 360, and it works.... so im not sure how to let it work for users without the license.
    Posted on 07 June 19 at 08:34
    JonDeezie said:
    i've not tested a usb, but i have had a friends gamertag and download them, then log on my account and it just does an infinite loop of recognizing its there would you like to install it. it never fully installs.
    i can log out and log on his on the same 360, and it works.... so im not sure how to let it work for users without the license.
    Did you wait for the game to finish downloading before switching accounts?
  • MathGuy42MathGuy42834,755
    Posted on 07 June 19 at 13:51
    JonDeezie said:
    Based on this, here's my theory. The digital Season Pass or Season Pass disc tells the game that you have the right to "buy" the episodes for free, and the game then opens the appropriate dialog to "buy" them. The episodes are still DRMed to your GT and to your main Xbox 360 (or maybe the 360 you're playing the game on when you download... I'm not totally clear on how 360 console licenses work if someone has multiple boxes).

So the Season Pass does not give you the right to play those episodes. They still need to be on the console they are connected to, or the owner GT has to be logged in. Another GT can play those episodes, just like any other DRMed 360 game or DLC, as long as it's the correct console or the owner is also logged in. So, if you have two controllers, you should be able to log the owner onto the second controller and play the episodes as yourself on the first controller.

The current problem is that the episodes are no longer for sale. Thus, you cannot "buy" them for free, as intended.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 June 19 at 15:17
    MathGuy42 said:
    JonDeezie said:
    Based on this, here's my theory. The digital Season Pass or Season Pass disc tells the game that you have the right to "buy" the episodes for free, and the game then opens the appropriate dialog to "buy" them. The episodes are still DRMed to your GT and to your main Xbox 360 (or maybe the 360 you're playing the game on when you download... I'm not totally clear on how 360 console licenses work if someone has multiple boxes).

So the Season Pass does not give you the right to play those episodes. They still need to be on the console they are connected to, or the owner GT has to be logged in. Another GT can play those episodes, just like any other DRMed 360 game or DLC, as long as it's the correct console or the owner is also logged in. So, if you have two controllers, you should be able to log the owner onto the second controller and play the episodes as yourself on the first controller.

The current problem is that the episodes are no longer for sale. Thus, you cannot "buy" them for free, as intended.
    i've tried this and for ep 2-5 within the first 30 seconds the game locks up.
  • TreviosoTrevioso400,800
    Posted on 08 June 19 at 16:35
    Here's where I'm at with the TellTale Exodus and likely can't get.

- Game of Thrones Xbox One - Never downloaded, can't find any XBOX one download codes to get. Assuming that it doesn't work on disc
    - Minecraft Season 1 & 2 - Xbox 360 - Downloaded the season passes, but not the individual episodes. Sounds like I can get the complete season 1 on disc, but should probably do now, but am out of luck on Season 2.
    - Walking Dead Final Season Win 10 - Never downloaded when its available.

Overall I'm doing pretty well on everything. I got a lot of the Win 10 stuff back in November when this all went down. I've tracked down a lot of download codes to help install the Xbox one stuff.

Any other tip for getting these. Does anyone know if I can find a flash drivel with the Minecraft Episodes from a different user, will they work on my machine? I know that there DLC doesn't activate unless they are logged on or the device license is on the machine, but was wondering how that works if you own the "Season Pass Content".
    Posted on 08 June 19 at 18:11, Edited on 08 June 19 at 18:13 by Bastian Reader
    JonDeezie said:
    MathGuy42 said:
    JonDeezie said:
    Based on this, here's my theory. The digital Season Pass or Season Pass disc tells the game that you have the right to {#}buy{#} the episodes for free, and the game then opens the appropriate dialog to {#}buy{#} them. The episodes are still DRMed to your GT and to your main Xbox 360 (or maybe the 360 you're playing the game on when you download... I'm not totally clear on how 360 console licenses work if someone has multiple boxes).

The current problem is that the episodes are no longer for sale. Thus, you cannot {#}buy{#} them for free, as intended.
    i've tried this and for ep 2-5 within the first 30 seconds the game locks up.
    Try these steps
    1) download the game using your friends profile. Wait until the game fully downloads (and don't use wireless internet).
    2) boot up minecraft with your friends account
    3) while at the game menu disconnect your internet (unplug your Ethernet cable or network adapter).
    4) while disconnected from your internet switch to your profile
    5) when you are signed in reconnect to the internet
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 June 19 at 20:06, Edited on 08 June 19 at 20:11 by
    Well I decided to make a video and somehow I can play the other eps... here's the video i made. https://youtu.be/63gvDBiyW4U

I'm shocked because originally it didnt recognized them as being installed, only as downloaded. Hope this can help everyone.
  • Posted on 08 June 19 at 20:30, Edited on 08 June 19 at 21:17 by Sim31
    Yup, its my profile he is using, we live just a few blocks from each other and been best friends for 10+ years now and he wanted to get these last few minecraft titles out of the way but with how the entire disc/season pass crap is a complete mess, We both use accounts together since we gameshare and we are over at each other's houses freqently but we are seeing what he can figure up before minecraft story mode just stops working completely for no reason later on down the road. We are trying to both knock the few remaining ones we have left as quick as we can.

I have just the Win 10 Minecraft Story mode season 2 and Xbox One season 2 of MC left to do and thankfully back then i already purchased and installed all the episodes. They both work as im playing both platforms right now. This entire situation sucks with the TellTale and MC series and the problems but with his video above, I hope you all can get it working and is successful.
  • MathGuy42MathGuy42834,755
    Posted on 08 June 19 at 20:33
    JonDeezie said:
    Well I decided to make a video and somehow I can play the other eps... here's the video i made. https://youtu.be/63gvDBiyW4U

I'm shocked because originally it didnt recognized them as being installed, only as downloaded. Hope this can help everyone.
    Thanks for the video. I think your last attempt is working because your friend's GT is still logged in on the second controller. Apparently the game does not like you changing profiles while the game is playing, but things work OK if you start the game from dashboard with your GT (and your friend on the 2nd controller). The licensing check is on the OS side, I think, so it doesn't matter that your friend was never playing that instance of the game.
    Posted on 08 June 19 at 20:48
    JonDeezie said:

Nice going! Thanks for experimenting for us and for sharing your findings. So your friend owned the season pass correct? And you were not using the season pass disc at all?

So all people need to do is find someone who owns the game digitally? Well at least there is a workaround, though it won't apply to me since I don't know anyone with the game digitally. I guess I'll still have to hope that Microsoft gets its act together and fixes this.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 June 19 at 21:06
    Bastian Reader said:
    JonDeezie said:

Nice going! Thanks for experimenting for us and for sharing your findings. So your friend owned the season pass correct? And you were not using the season pass disc at all?

So all people need to do is find someone who owns the game digitally? Well at least there is a workaround, though it won't apply to me since I don't know anyone with the game digitally. I guess I'll still have to hope that Microsoft gets its act together and fixes this.
    i was using the season pass disc.
  • JCDRANZERJCDRANZER1,338,370
    Posted on 09 June 19 at 00:41
    I have the season pass for Game of Thrones Xbox One which contains episodes 2 to 6 and I was able to download all of it but unfortunately I don't have the first episode which is the game hub that allows me to play the other episodes.

Could I get the Game of Thrones X1 disc and be able to download the first episode?
    Posted on 09 June 19 at 01:47
    JCDRANZER said:
    I have the season pass for Game of Thrones Xbox One which contains episodes 2 to 6 and I was able to download all of it but unfortunately I don't have the first episode which is the game hub that allows me to play the other episodes.

Could I get the Game of Thrones X1 disc and be able to download the first episode?
    Game of Thrones disc has Episode 1 downloaded on it.
    Posted on 09 June 19 at 08:35, Edited on 09 June 19 at 08:39 by Bastian Reader
    Incorrect Reading of DLC
    Make sure that you install the necessary episodes, and then enter the game to make sure that you can start every single episode. I have had 2 different instances with minecraft season 2 and guardians of the galaxy where I had the episodes downloaded on the Xbox one but the game would not recognize a specific episode. I had to uninstall and reinstall the episodes.
  • Posted on 09 June 19 at 19:24
    Bastian Reader said:
    JonDeezie said:

The video shows as unavailable for me :(
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 September 20 at 07:12
    Trying to figure out what if anything still works to the complete seasons for Minecraft story mode season 1 &2 for Xbox 360
    https://www.twitch.tv/deuces56
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads