Game Discussion: Mortal Kombat 11 Forum

Ease of completion?

AuthorMessage
ShazamFTW
ShazamFTW
Posted on 05 May 19 at 04:27
Now that they released their "We're sorry" patch, on a 1-10 scale, how hard is this to complete the achieves for? Looks fairly decent, nothing insane at first glance, but it's been a good few years since I've picked up a MK.

I have zero desire to get sucked into a $300 experience, but my understanding is, that's not necessary at this moment.

Could somebody give me a breakdown on how absurd closing the game out would be without spending additional $?
Akradon
Akradon
Posted on 05 May 19 at 07:31
Honestly, I don't think you'd have to spend any real money to 100% this game. Just time needed tbh. This is the first MK in a while I think I will be able to 100%.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 05 May 19 at 08:47
So there is a big misunderstanding on microtransactions for MK 11

Real money will only get you Time Crystals and those get you Skins and Easy Fatality Tokens. Which Fatalities have gotten so easy to do I think those Tokens are completely stupid. Skins get rotated from the shop like daily and you can also earn Time Crystals in game so you never have to spend real money.

Actually before the update it was even easier to complete the game. There was a glitch to get the decapitated heads for the Krypt. Which opened Shang Sung's throne room where it was easy to grab character intros which is one of the longer grinds.

You need a lot of in-game currency and none of that can be bought it's all playtime.

Basically it's like a 4 out of 10 difficulty in completion. Just gotta get through some grindy stuff. This new patch didn't make any Achievement harder it just patched so you couldn't skip some of the grind.

You won't spend any money for any Achievements. Check the TA guides. This game doesn't have microtransactions like some people have been claiming it does.
ShazamFTW
ShazamFTW
Posted on 05 May 19 at 14:11
Groovy. I had a belief that might be the case. Thanks!
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 05 May 19 at 15:56
Yeah, you don't need to spend a single penny.

Ease wise, its pretty easy. The im sorry patch helped with the coin farm, although I think you missed that if you didn't play before they gave it out. That saved a few hours for sure.

The harder part, was the patch that arrived a few days later which eliminated the krypt glitch. This saved probably 10 hours at least getting the intros and victories. They can be obtained via towers, but this is harder and takes longer.

You could use real money to bypass that, but its not needed.
JSwartz0181
JSwartz0181
Posted on 06 May 19 at 09:59
I haven't tried recently, but I kind of have given up on the Strategy Tutorials achievement, as I just cannot input the controls the game wants me to, for moves I'd never do in-game anyway. That's my only challenging achievement, as I've gotten all but that and the 50 kasual matches (just haven't played any yet).
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 06 May 19 at 17:58
Strategy was annoying. There's a delayed X button combo that the timing takes a bit to get down if you aren't good at getting timing down.

There's a demonstration of the combo and Geras will also fail to achieve the combo during the demonstration. Haven't checked if the patched fixed it but yeah strategy has a like of technical moves that you'll never do unless you're just really good at nailing combos.

Personally I think it's a pretty doable tutorial but it will require a bit of a time sink for those who aren't the best at timing.
Murder Toad
Murder Toad
Posted on 06 May 19 at 23:29
Wasnt too bad. All in all it's completely doable in a week playing a couple of hours a day. Even the Skull Kabob and 5 victories equipped isn't that difficult post patch
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 06 May 19 at 23:40
I've been playing a few hours a day since launch and i only need 4 Achievements left.

100 konsumables, the 125,250 towers, and 100 brutalities.

Pretty easy for an MK game.
So Young
So Young
Posted on 09 May 19 at 05:50
Its the easiest MK game to 100% IMO. Its just time consuming. If you have trouble, you can just set your A.I. to play for you. And if you chose Sonya or Noob and place 30/30 in combo and blocking (for A.I.) you can literaly do everything without a single headache. Personally I use this only on challenge I have trouble because for me it defeat the purpose of a game and its a major design flaw IMO. A game shouldn't allow the A.I. to complete the game for you unless they know the difficulty is unbalanced or just not fun to play against.
ImJustYourDaddy
Posted on 10 May 19 at 23:35
Murder Toad said:
Wasnt too bad. All in all it's completely doable in a week playing a couple of hours a day. Even the Skull Kabob and 5 victories equipped isn't that difficult post patch
5 victories is what takes soooo long (wouldn't be as bad if I was good enough/wanted to play as 5 different characters). Not as bad as level 65 in X though or the obvious achievement in 9
Santino
Xealon
Xealon
Posted on 14 May 19 at 14:37
It is definitely one of the easier and quicker mortal kombats to complete. I completed it in about 30 hours without using any of the glitches or extra rewards. I would be experienced in the mk games and I recently did injustice2 which has a lot of similarities so my completion time might be a but quicker than average. But honestly I think the majority of people could complete this in about 40 hours even if you havnt played much mk before. Plus it's a great game so I would recommend it to anyone
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 18 May 19 at 00:10
Xealon said:
It is definitely one of the easier and quicker mortal kombats to complete. I completed it in about 30 hours without using any of the glitches or extra rewards. I would be experienced in the mk games and I recently did injustice2 which has a lot of similarities so my completion time might be a but quicker than average. But honestly I think the majority of people could complete this in about 40 hours even if you havnt played much mk before. Plus it's a great game so I would recommend it to anyone
I'd go for the finish on Injustice 2 if it wasn't for that random catwoman achievement. I must be 80hrs in without it.
count023
count023
Posted on 03 June 19 at 10:26
I 100%ed it witout spending money, wasn't too bad to do. I think 40 or so.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.