Site Help Forum

Got something you don't understand? Need to know how something works? Ask here and we'll do our best to help you

Unlock Percentages being rounded

AuthorMessage
Johnny Sinister
Posted on 06 May 19 at 06:09
I know I am not the only person that has noticed this is the last week or so, but I haven't seen it addressed in the forums (maybe just missing it).

Anyways, the unlock percentages for any given achievement used to be rounded to the hundredths place (i.e, 10.04%). Now they are rounded to a whole number.

I guess this isn't a huge issue, but there is certainly useful information there that is being hidden. I can't think of any good reason why the change would have been made.

In fact, sometimes the rounding makes a reasonable difference. For example, there are now very rare achievements that have been unlocked that are showing up as 0% unlocked by the new rounding system.

Was this intentional, or should this be brought to the Bugs Report forum?
EmagDrolBot
EmagDrolBot
Posted on 06 May 19 at 12:32
For achievements below 1% unlock I see the decimal point again. For example:

SUPER BOMBERMAN RLocal Battle 1,000The Local Battle 1,000 achievement in SUPER BOMBERMAN R worth 603 pointsPlayed 1,000 Multiplayer Battles

SUPER BOMBERMAN RRoom ChampThe Room Champ achievement in SUPER BOMBERMAN R worth 814 pointsCreated a Room and Battled 100 times

These are at 0.2% and 0.3% respectively
Sir Paulygon
Sir Paulygon
Posted on 06 May 19 at 13:28
The percentages are showing as rounded up for me.
Bow down to me, peasants! And, look busy! Go shuck some corn or something.
Johnny Sinister
Posted on 06 May 19 at 14:45, Edited on 06 May 19 at 14:50 by Johnny Sinister
EmagDrolBot said:
For achievements below 1% unlock I see the decimal point again. For example:

SUPER BOMBERMAN RLocal Battle 1,000The Local Battle 1,000 achievement in SUPER BOMBERMAN R worth 603 pointsPlayed 1,000 Multiplayer Battles

SUPER BOMBERMAN RRoom ChampThe Room Champ achievement in SUPER BOMBERMAN R worth 814 pointsCreated a Room and Battled 100 times

These are at 0.2% and 0.3% respectively
Sorry, I realize my original post wasn't very specific.

Just so we are on the same page, I am referring to the ones on the right side of the page (TA unlock percent vs. Xbox Live unlock percent).

I can still see the accurate percentages for TA under the individual achievement info. It is more of an issue with the Xbox live info.

For both of those examples, the site is showing 0% unlocked for TA and Live.
RayvenMorrigana
RayvenMorrigana
Posted on 06 May 19 at 17:49
Someone just made a thread about this in the Bug Reports.

Unlock Percentages no long has decimals just whole numbers
Johnny Sinister
Posted on 06 May 19 at 19:20
Good to know. I was originally going to post it there, but I wasn't sure if it was actually a bug or an executive decision from the site.

Hopefully it will get changed back.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 06 May 19 at 21:50
Its probably a data storage saving thing/speed thing. less tables to recalculate etc.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
FullNietzsche
FullNietzsche
Posted on 17 May 19 at 18:23
I hope it is changed back, it was good to see the real percentage before.
NBA Kirkland
NBA Kirkland
Posted on 31 May 19 at 18:43
How about an update (or even an acknowledgement) on this, TA Staff?
@NBAKirkland
FullNietzsche
FullNietzsche
Posted on 01 June 19 at 08:37, Edited on 01 June 19 at 08:59 by FullNietzsche
I just noticed that TrueTrophies still displays the fractions of percentages (to tenths anyway) and doesn't round them. This gives me hope that it's a bug and will be fixed.
FullNietzsche
FullNietzsche
Posted on 10 June 19 at 15:40, Edited on 10 June 19 at 15:40 by FullNietzsche
Tumbleweed...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.