Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Minecraft AR Game Teased, More To Be Revealed May 17th

  • kintariskintaris292,177
  • DingadillyDingadilly1,166,069
    Posted on 07 May 19 at 11:10Permalink
    Another stack? Or another apple TV style fail?
    A chance for variety was missed with the gear vr list. I cant honestly imagine this list being anything but the same. Assuming it has any achievements attached to it at all.
  • Spartan 343xSpartan 343x382,189
    Posted on 07 May 19 at 11:21Permalink
    I was actually considering getting a Hololens just for Minecraft. It looked like a really cool idea.
  • JumboWarioJumboWario666,229
    Posted on 07 May 19 at 11:43Permalink
    Well it doesn’t looks like “traditional“ Minecraft so hoping that there will be achievements, just not the same ones we already have.
    Game On.
  • Posted on 07 May 19 at 11:47Permalink
    JumboWario said:
    Well it doesn’t looks like “traditional“ Minecraft so hoping that there will be achievements, just not the same ones we already have.
    Agreed. Though after the same stack a dozen times I dont see why they would make a different one
  • jxlive021jxlive021392,033
    Posted on 07 May 19 at 12:19Permalink
    you will need decent pc to be able to run MS AR-HOLOLENS?!
  • kintariskintaris292,177
    Posted on 07 May 19 at 12:19Permalink
    I think it'll be a different list. I really don't think this will be the same kind of game at all. If they are chasing the PoGo market they will need to drastically reduce the scope of the mechanics to something playable on the move.
  • JumboWarioJumboWario666,229
    Posted on 07 May 19 at 14:18Permalink
    Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
    JumboWario said:
    Well it doesn’t looks like “traditional“ Minecraft so hoping that there will be achievements, just not the same ones we already have.
    Agreed. Though after the same stack a dozen times I dont see why they would make a different one
    Well I don’t believe they can stick all of the mechanics in this game that the regular list requires. It’s also entirely possible it won’t have any achievements.
    Game On.
  • SeitzzSeitzz685,497
    Posted on 07 May 19 at 14:21Permalink
    Another stack maybe? I guess I'll see when there's more news on this.
  • Posted on 07 May 19 at 17:45Permalink
    jxlive021 said:
    you will need decent pc to be able to run MS AR-HOLOLENS?!
    1) Hololens is an entirely self-contained unit, everything needed for it to work are in the headset.

    2) Regardless, the teaser explicitly shows people playing the AR game on a smartphone.
  • Posted on 07 May 19 at 18:27Permalink
    Just found out these holenses are 3500 dollarshock
  • Vok 250Vok 250193,411
    Posted on 07 May 19 at 19:08Permalink
    Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
    Just found out these holenses are 3500 dollarshock
    Is that the retail version? You can buy 4 Vive Pros for that price so I don't see how MS could sell any units with that outrageous price. You could buy a Vive Pro, a VR gaming PC, and still have money left over for brand new console!
  • Dakrkplayer2Dakrkplayer2777,971
    Posted on 07 May 19 at 19:10Permalink
    I hope it has achievements. I need them
    This girl need more achievements.
    XBOX 4 LIFE
  • Posted on 07 May 19 at 19:46Permalink
    Vok 250 said:
    Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
    Just found out these holenses are 3500 dollarshock
    Is that the retail version? You can buy 4 Vive Pros for that price so I don't see how MS could sell any units with that outrageous price. You could buy a Vive Pro, a VR gaming PC, and still have money left over for brand new console!
    Hololens is not intended for consumers, it is an enterprise device. There are some developers making games and other casual home type applications for it, but that is not the primary audience for the device currently.
  • Dakrkplayer2Dakrkplayer2777,971
    Posted on 07 May 19 at 20:58Permalink
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Vok 250 said:
    Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
    Just found out these holenses are 3500 dollarshock
    Is that the retail version? You can buy 4 Vive Pros for that price so I don't see how MS could sell any units with that outrageous price. You could buy a Vive Pro, a VR gaming PC, and still have money left over for brand new console!
    Hololens is not intended for consumers, it is an enterprise device. There are some developers making games and other casual home type applications for it, but that is not the primary audience for the device currently.
    But idea us open to being it to retail in the future.
    XBOX 4 LIFE
  • marklynxmarklynx1,512,204
    Posted on 08 May 19 at 01:25Permalink
    At $3500 for the unit, a handful will start and finish the game. That’s all. Haha.
  • Posted on 08 May 19 at 02:12Permalink
    marklynx said:
    At $3500 for the unit, a handful will start and finish the game. That’s all. Haha.
    This is not for the HoloLens, it is for your smartphone.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.