The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

The Five Quickest Game Completions from the May 7th Xbox Sale

AuthorMessage
DaveKinetic
DaveKinetic
Posted on 07 May 19 at 14:00
Grab some quick and easy score for a discount

Please click here to read the story: The Five Quickest Game Completions from the May 7th Xbox Sale
Pris
Pris
Posted on 07 May 19 at 14:08
Overcooked is a great little game for those that havent tried it yet
BiLLzuMaNaTi
BiLLzuMaNaTi
Posted on 07 May 19 at 14:08, Edited on 07 May 19 at 14:09 by BiLLzuMaNaTi
The Long Reach is on sale and is only 1-2 hours
YouTube: AchievementLand
Skrubits
Skrubits
Posted on 07 May 19 at 14:33, Edited on 07 May 19 at 14:34 by Skrubits
I feel like these articles could use some work. Instead of this obsession with easy completions, you should base the list on most enjoyable or maybe most price-worthy completions.
Would you kindly?
pezboyben
pezboyben
Posted on 07 May 19 at 14:36, Edited on 07 May 19 at 14:37 by pezboyben
Maybe adding a completion percentage on this chart as well would be helpful. Babylon pinball, for example, has only a 6.96% completion so I'm guessing unless you are a pinball god this is going to be out of the average persons reach. I usually click on each game I don't know about anyway so that I can see the price and learn more about it but it would be helpful.

That being said, I do like and appreciate these articles.
p1zZaBiT
p1zZaBiT
Posted on 07 May 19 at 15:02
I would exactly say Babylon 2055 pinball is the fastest unless you are good with it.

The going full cycle with all the table can be quite tricky. (At least for me)
Korewahondes
Korewahondes
Posted on 07 May 19 at 15:06
Overcooked is hard if you're alone and you can't play online. I would recommend it only if you have a couch partner.
Transcending history, and the world, a tale of souls and swords, eternally retold.
Tendoman77
Tendoman77
Posted on 07 May 19 at 15:20
Skrubits said:
I feel like these articles could use some work. Instead of this obsession with easy completions, you should base the list on most enjoyable or maybe most price-worthy completions.
This, 100%

I always found these articles mostly pointless mainly because it never factors the possible expensive prices new yet super short indie games tend to be these days.
Vr English
Vr English
Posted on 07 May 19 at 15:25, Edited on 07 May 19 at 15:27 by Vr English
pezboyben said:
Maybe adding a completion percentage on this chart as well would be helpful. Babylon pinball, for example, has only a 6.96% completion so I'm guessing unless you are a pinball god this is going to be out of the average persons reach. I usually click on each game I don't know about anyway so that I can see the price and learn more about it but it would be helpful.

That being said, I do like and appreciate these articles.
3.77 ratio for that top achievement too.

These articles aren't for me but I see the appeal. That said I do think the poster should sense check before posting. Currently this feels just like an auto generated news report. Would have taken under 2 minutes to see that it had a sub 10% completion rate. Whereas most easy cheeve games have very high completion rates. Reason I say this is because I've learned these lessons before so it's hopefully constructive criticism.
Zwaveldioxide
Zwaveldioxide
Posted on 07 May 19 at 15:44
BiLLzuMaNaTi said:
The Long Reach is on sale and is only 1-2 hours
And I've heard it has a good walkthrough. wink
>insert_original_signature.txt
snake42069
snake42069
Posted on 07 May 19 at 17:05
overcooked is NOT a 6 to 8 hour completion. It can be if you use a video guide and memorize video's for every level. Even then, it requires frustratingly fast reflexes to not fail a few times on a few levels.

It took me twice as long as the estimate to finish it.

I liked the game though, so i bought the sequel when it was on sale.
V3ntilator
V3ntilator
Posted on 07 May 19 at 18:33
It isn't easy completions if 90% of people are unable to even complete all these games.
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 07 May 19 at 19:01
Skrubits said:
"Most enjoyable" is subject to opinion though. If they wrote an article like that I'm sure people would complain that they didn't find the game enjoyable and would rather them only point out easy completions, etc.
See You Space Cowboy...
Vok 250
Vok 250
Posted on 07 May 19 at 19:30
Skrubits said:
It's highly relevant to the website though. This is an achievement hunting website after all.

A quick write up on the top rated games in each sale would be cool, but I don't think there's anything wrong with these articles existing.
Throni360
Throni360
Posted on 07 May 19 at 20:17
V3ntilator said:
It isn't easy completions if 90% of people are unable to even complete all these games.
It's fastest completions, not easiest.
Skrubits
Skrubits
Posted on 07 May 19 at 20:17, Edited on 07 May 19 at 20:20 by Skrubits
Reborn Insanity said:
Skrubits said:
"Most enjoyable" is subject to opinion though. If they wrote an article like that I'm sure people would complain that they didn't find the game enjoyable and would rather them only point out easy completions, etc.
I agree. It would be nice to have some additions to the article, though. Like “highest rated from the sale”, “TA recommends”,
or “most bang for your buck” etc. These articles are useless because a $50 game could be 10% off and qualify for this list.
Would you kindly?
jnellett
jnellett
Posted on 07 May 19 at 21:30
I tried Babylon Pinball 2055 and have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to do. It doesn't help that there is no help section or tutorial in the game. I'm stuck on the 3rd table and I don't know what I'm supposed tot do to "beat" tables.
Ginuwine AI3
Ginuwine AI3
Posted on 07 May 19 at 21:32
Why not include a price column?
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 07 May 19 at 21:47
I have a friend who once pronounced Babylon as “Baby-lawn”, and I can never look at it the same way ever again.
ThreeManager6
ThreeManager6
Posted on 07 May 19 at 22:32
jnellett said:
I tried Babylon Pinball 2055 and have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to do. It doesn't help that there is no help section or tutorial in the game. I'm stuck on the 3rd table and I don't know what I'm supposed tot do to "beat" tables.
Each table has a number of lanes with flashing arrows at the beginning of them. You have to shoot your ball through each lane a couple of times depending on how many arrows it has. Once you've done this for each lane, the gate opens and you can shoot it there to complete the table.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.