Industry News Forum

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

New Need For Speed and Plants Vs. Zombies Games Coming This Fall

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 08 May 19 at 11:31
Plenty of sports games too

Please click here to read the story: New Need For Speed and Plants Vs. Zombies Games Coming This Fall
Smudgenat0r
Smudgenat0r
Posted on 08 May 19 at 11:34
Last few Need for Speeds have been awful. Hopefully they can reinvigorate the franchise, but I'm not confident.
TheGearGuardian
Posted on 08 May 19 at 11:35
If Popcap are giving us a new PvZGW can we not go with the "hub" world design and actually support the game, you know know like you did with PvZGW1. Free content, good technical support and on going different character designs.

There was so much room in GW2 and none of the potential was met.
My TA Interview - http://www.trueachievements.com/n24525/ta-community-interview-thegearguardian.htm
Crater Bob
Crater Bob
Posted on 08 May 19 at 11:39
New Need For Speed?! They STILL haven't fixed the last three! I'm still waiting for a patch to nerf the hell out of the AI and the impossible times and drift scores on Need For Speed 2015 that got messed up because of the Speedlists update three years ago last month!!! angry

FIX YOUR GAMES BEFORE YOU BRING OUT NEW ONES EA, WE'RE STILL COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR OLD ONES!!! angry
Gatekeeper 3-6 off your starboard wing, turn to 2-2-0 and drop to angels two or you will be fired upon!
Drummer
Drummer
Posted on 08 May 19 at 11:40
yay always love me some racing games, hopefully this turns out like rivals really liked that action vibe
Claudio 10 Juve
Claudio 10 Juve
Posted on 08 May 19 at 11:42, Edited on 08 May 19 at 11:43 by Claudio 10 Juve
they should finally shut down the need for speed titles.
the last games were so bad.
i just say: "Press cn_X to Drift" laugh
Really please do us all a favour and shut it down
Mr Peanutbubber
Posted on 08 May 19 at 12:10
Crater Bob said:
New Need For Speed?! They STILL haven't fixed the last three! I'm still waiting for a patch to nerf the hell out of the AI and the impossible times and drift scores on Need For Speed 2015 that got messed up because of the Speedlists update three years ago last month!!! angry

FIX YOUR GAMES BEFORE YOU BRING OUT NEW ONES EA, WE'RE STILL COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR OLD ONES!!! angry
But that's not how you make money. EA is all about making money, as most publishers are.
MVPVincent
MVPVincent
Posted on 08 May 19 at 12:15, Edited on 08 May 19 at 12:30 by MVPVincent
I loved both of these franchises once upon a time, but I have no confidence in EA to get it right, especially now with their desperate, pathetic attempts at 'live services'.

Hell, Wilson's response to Anthem's failure is to basically keep pushing harder with 'live services', because apparently selling games the 'old way' doesn't work anymore.
I am a man of few words, but many riddles.
MotorexGTR32
MotorexGTR32
Posted on 08 May 19 at 12:25
Need for Speed will revitalise the "street racer versus cop fantasy"

AGAIN???? It’s getting old, man.

Why can’t EA do NFS Underground/Shift type game?
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 08 May 19 at 12:34
MotorexGTR32 said:
Why can’t EA do NFS Underground/Shift type game?
"AGAIN???? It's getting old, man."

;)

I haven't played a Need for Speed game since Rivals. If they can do something like that without the online bullshit, I am game.
Th3Fr33Ma6ons66
Posted on 08 May 19 at 12:39
Proper excited for both of them this fall.
Lord Midas
Lord Midas
Posted on 08 May 19 at 12:39
EA can do one. I thought I'd learn my lesson from BF3 and 4 and the Battlefronts. But no. I watched the trailer and the gameplay footage of Anthem and got suckered in.

Never again. I don't care what my mates are doing, I will never buy an EA game without waiting until it's been released and reviewed. Or at least keep an eye on the player's reactions.
Hellsteeth!
upsonmatthew
upsonmatthew
Posted on 08 May 19 at 12:52
MotorexGTR32 said:
Need for Speed will revitalise the {#}street racer versus cop fantasy{#}

AGAIN???? It’s getting old, man.
I'm waiting for SquareEnix/Taito to make a new Chase HQ game.
I NVIII I
I NVIII I
Posted on 08 May 19 at 13:01
This time I'll make sure I play it when I first get it in fear of cursed timed events and other BS

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 08 May 19 at 13:13, Edited on 08 May 19 at 13:14 by
Dont understand why we cant get pvz2. I liked the defense type games better...
Obtained the shadows rushed me.
Chuck710Taylor
Posted on 08 May 19 at 13:19
One of the reasons i keep my 360 around is so i can play NFS Most Wanted. Who woulda thought that game was last.
Kamera
Kamera
Posted on 08 May 19 at 13:26
Burnout 3: Takedown [Remastered] would be amazing if it were real.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 08 May 19 at 13:28
I surprisingly really enjoyed PVZ2, it wouldn’t be a day 1 purchase or anything but I’m glad to see the series continue and I hope for the best with it.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 08 May 19 at 13:31
Sea of solitude looks interesting, hope they make PvZ: GW3 more like the first game than the second!
Legohead 1977
buttmudBrooks
buttmudBrooks
Posted on 08 May 19 at 13:34
Currently experiencing the less than stellar Payback. After Forza Horizon has mastered the open world racer I would suggest Need for Speed try elsewhere (Underground or Shift would be a better direction as other users have pointed out). The game is pretty but it's hardly an improvement over the garbage that came before it.
I like PVZGW, however I also think the hub world thing needs to go and a third title should resemble the first game more than the second.
Always number 2.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.