Industry News Forum

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

New Need For Speed and Plants Vs. Zombies Games Coming This Fall

AuthorMessage
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 09 May 19 at 09:06
Lord Darkfung said:
jThey will be arriving on consoles in Q3 2019, which is some time between October and December 2019.
Q2 = April to June.
Q3 = July to September
Q4 = October to December.
Depends what quarters you're referring to. USA uses January-December for their financial year whilst most of the world uses April-March. I thought Q3 2019 would've been Oct-Dec based on where I'm located.
There is always a way.
Crater Bob
Crater Bob
Posted on 09 May 19 at 14:49
A1yx Vance said:
Crater Bob said:
FIX YOUR GAMES BEFORE YOU BRING OUT NEW ONES EA, WE'RE STILL COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR OLD ONES!!! angry
They never even bothered to fix Need for Speed: Carbon. So I really wouldn't hold your breath.
Not 100% true, there was a point where we could go back and get some of the broken online achievements for Carbon, but after a while, EA shut the servers off anyway, so they did try at one point to fix Carbon, but after that, they shut all that down to work on either Most Wanted 2012 or The Run, I can't remember which one they abandoned fixing Carbon for.
Gatekeeper 3-6 off your starboard wing, turn to 2-2-0 and drop to angels two or you will be fired upon!
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 09 May 19 at 14:54, Edited on 09 May 19 at 14:54 by Shinnizle
Crater Bob said:
Not 100% true, there was a point where we could go back and get some of the broken online achievements for Carbon, but after a while, EA shut the servers off anyway, so they did try at one point to fix Carbon, but after that, they shut all that down to work on either Most Wanted 2012 or The Run, I can't remember which one they abandoned fixing Carbon for.
I think he meant the Unobtainable achievement.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
nT Yung C Dub
nT Yung C Dub
Posted on 09 May 19 at 17:25
Well that explains why we got Garden Warfare 2 for free recently. I already had it + enjoyed the series, but don't think i'll be able to pick up a new one in the same manner. Unless it's oldschool PvZ sequel of course, then i'll consider it. As for need for speed, shame we only got burnout paradise for free. Unless I missed some older, better ones. I haven't really played NFS since carbon on the gamecube lol.
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 09 May 19 at 18:23
Maw N Paw said:
Lord Darkfung said:
jThey will be arriving on consoles in Q3 2019, which is some time between October and December 2019.
Q2 = April to June.
Q3 = July to September
Q4 = October to December.
Depends what quarters you're referring to. USA uses January-December for their financial year whilst most of the world uses April-March. I thought Q3 2019 would've been Oct-Dec based on where I'm located.
The norm for larger companies in the USA is to use April-March as their financial year. It is not an official regulation though, as companies are free to use a calendar of their choosing (for instance, my employer is tied to an educational institution so their financial calendar runs July-June, which best encapsulates the typical school year).
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 09 May 19 at 20:34
But are release date quarters based on financial years? I don't feel like that's the case, as most places I've seen that advertise a game as coming Q4 2019, mean October to December 2019.
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 09 May 19 at 21:57
Shinnizle said:
But are release date quarters based on financial years? I don't feel like that's the case, as most places I've seen that advertise a game as coming Q4 2019, mean October to December 2019.
This information is from EA's most recently quarterly report to investors, so it is using their financial year.
Legendgenesis
Legendgenesis
Posted on 09 May 19 at 22:15
Just watch, they're going to make a PvZ battle royale game.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 09 May 19 at 22:18, Edited on 09 May 19 at 22:18 by Shinnizle
xPut Name Herex said:
Shinnizle said:
This information is from EA's most recently quarterly report to investors, so it is using their financial year.
I guess that makes perfect sense if you actually read the article laugh
A1yx Vance
A1yx Vance
Posted on 10 May 19 at 07:21
Crater Bob said:
There is also one unobtainable single player achievement in Carbon that never got fixed. I can't remember if it got broken with an update or was always broken.
Crater Bob
Crater Bob
Posted on 10 May 19 at 15:21, Edited on 10 May 19 at 15:24 by Crater Bob
A1yx Vance said:
Crater Bob said:
There is also one unobtainable single player achievement in Carbon that never got fixed. I can't remember if it got broken with an update or was always broken.
Yeah, that never got fixed, Iron Man I think it was called? Anyway, all they really tried to fix were the online achievements in Carbon, and they fixed some of them and re-opened the servers for a while, then shut 'em down after a couple years, making that stuff unobtainable/discontinued again.

EDIT: Just looked, it was Urban Battle, for winning 50 Free Roam Challenges, not Iron Man.
Gatekeeper 3-6 off your starboard wing, turn to 2-2-0 and drop to angels two or you will be fired upon!
Inspector 74
Inspector 74
Posted on 10 May 19 at 16:50
Kamera said:
Burnout 3: Takedown [Remastered] would be amazing if it were real.
Ahhhhhh man I always think that when I hear something relating to a NFS game, Absolutely incredible game way back when, you see some of the crap thats had the rehash treatment Burnout 3: Takedown would ineed become legendary once again.I loved the Criterion take on NFS myself but a lot didnt I cant be arsed with tuning cars and all that shit which is why I prefer an arcade racer
Ide love a total Burnout remaster collection, give em all to me man
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 10 May 19 at 20:23, Edited on 10 May 19 at 20:23 by Elyoh
Crater Bob said:
A1yx Vance said:
Crater Bob said:
Yeah, that never got fixed, Iron Man I think it was called? Anyway, all they really tried to fix were the online achievements in Carbon, and they fixed some of them and re-opened the servers for a while, then shut 'em down after a couple years, making that stuff unobtainable/discontinued again.

EDIT: Just looked, it was Urban Battle, for winning 50 Free Roam Challenges, not Iron Man.
Need for Speed: Prostreet's servers were being closed down, so a bunch of us bugged as many people as we could until we found someone who could help with some discontinued events. I remember once we found a guy (I can't remember his name, but be was a dev, so nothing to do with EA) he helped switch the event twice before the server's closed. After that Carbon players (Of which I was never one) asked if he could do the same for them... And he did.

The most important point of note here is that EA had nothing to do with it, it was just a dev compassionate about the franchise who found the time to look into it for us and flick the switch (I remember the Prostreet issue was that they left both events turned on, but the way the achievements were programmed it didn't recognize that was possible so only unlocked event 1).
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Crater Bob
Crater Bob
Posted on 10 May 19 at 20:55
Elyoh said:
The most important point of note here is that EA had nothing to do with it, it was just a dev compassionate about the franchise who found the time to look into it for us and flick the switch (I remember the Prostreet issue was that they left both events turned on, but the way the achievements were programmed it didn't recognize that was possible so only unlocked event 1).
Point taken, I remember some of us tried to get someone at Epic to "flick the switch" so we could do some things on Gears of War Judgement that aren't available anymore.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 11 May 19 at 00:30
Yea that's an unfortunate situation, where the original devs no longer have access. I don't have very good things to say about The Coalition, so I'm going to listen to my mother and say nothing at all laugh
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
FF Square Enix
Posted on 12 May 19 at 21:24
A new need for speed underground would defo be heading in the right direction.
Leon Brown
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.