Game Discussion: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Forum

Still an awesome game, but the crappiest minigames ever

AuthorMessage
Cuthred
554,410
Cuthred
Posted on 08 May 19 at 18:44
seriously, those minigames are totally killing it for me.
Johnny Sinister
Posted on 08 May 19 at 19:01
I miss triple triad from Final Fantasy VIII. One of the best mini-game ever, IMO.
Cuthred
554,410
Cuthred
Posted on 08 May 19 at 19:31
Johnny Sinister said:
I miss triple triad from Final Fantasy VIII. One of the best mini-game ever, IMO.
Triple Triad was awesome ... they made a standalone version for Android. Too bad it is not available on XBOX.
C3LLDW3LLER
441,546
C3LLDW3LLER
Posted on 10 May 19 at 19:28
Just can’t do catcher Chocobo. Must of tried over 50 times now, just can’t hit the balloons, I have a really good start sometimes then just get hit by multiple birds which come from the sky and not prepared for them. I want to send hate mail to whoever made the shitty mini games. There shouldn’t be achievements tied to the mini games.

The temple race was a lot easier than trying to catcher Chocobo, the AI is way too good. I’m going to see blue birds in my nightmares.

Haven’t even started catching butterflies yet and not sure if I want to. I hate blitzball as well but have to do it for Wakka’s celestial weapon. I’m glad you don’t have to max out the weapons for the achievement BUT you need them maxed out for the dark aeons and super bosses.

Tried lightning dodges doing it the easy? way but got struck on 100 dodges.
I’ll keep trying I suppose but won’t enjoy it.
SlipKnoT 008
429,845
SlipKnoT 008
Posted on 13 May 19 at 00:17
I did the catcher chocobo on PS4. Got the trophy and I don’t think I can bring myself to do it again because of the frustration it brought. I did it originally on the PS2 as well and it’s one of the most painful mini games I’ve experienced in a game.
C3LLDW3LLER
441,546
C3LLDW3LLER
Posted on 13 May 19 at 15:47
Did Catcher Chocobo at last somehow, 13 balloons and 0 birds. I’m so happy! That was really worth the effort for 10G? Although got break damaged limit for tidus now.

Is there any mini games you don’t need to do for 100% completion?
Xboxoholic
261,265
Xboxoholic
Posted on 14 May 19 at 08:30
C3LLDW3LLER said:
Did Catcher Chocobo at last somehow, 13 balloons and 0 birds. I’m so happy! That was really worth the effort for 10G? Although got break damaged limit for tidus now.

Is there any mini games you don’t need to do for 100% completion?
You don't have to do the hard butterfly catching for Kimahri's sigil, and you only need to win one Bliztball tournament to get Wakka's celestial weapon.
SlipKnoT 008
429,845
SlipKnoT 008
Posted on 16 May 19 at 04:26
I’m not bothering with Kimahri and Lulu. I got the weapons but that’s as far as I’ll go. I have Auron, Rikku and Yuna fully powered. I’ll do Wakka as well but the debate remains in if I really want to do catcher chocobo again for Tidus.
ChinDocta
1,115,725
ChinDocta
Posted on 16 May 19 at 05:59
SlipKnoT 008 said:
I’m not bothering with Kimahri and Lulu. I got the weapons but that’s as far as I’ll go. I have Auron, Rikku and Yuna fully powered. I’ll do Wakka as well but the debate remains in if I really want to do catcher chocobo again for Tidus.
You basically have to bother with lulu because of the 200 lightning dodge achievement. Unless you mean you won't bother with the achievements in which case that's fine then.
GI Flagging Manager
Archeim
349,091
Archeim
Posted on 16 May 19 at 13:45
Cuthred said:
Johnny Sinister said:
I miss triple triad from Final Fantasy VIII. One of the best mini-game ever, IMO.
Triple Triad was awesome ... they made a standalone version for Android. Too bad it is not available on XBOX.
They put it in FFIV (currently PC and PS4) which was hella fun.

I really do think it was the best mini game ever.

I forgot how obnoxious the catcher chocobo is for Tidus' weapon. Did that for PS2... will do for xbox. Didnt do the lightning dodge for ps2... am going to have to do it for the box though. not looking forward to it... but the good news is that i am also hella stubborn.
SlipKnoT 008
429,845
SlipKnoT 008
Posted on 17 May 19 at 03:30
ChinDocta said:
SlipKnoT 008 said:
I’m not bothering with Kimahri and Lulu. I got the weapons but that’s as far as I’ll go. I have Auron, Rikku and Yuna fully powered. I’ll do Wakka as well but the debate remains in if I really want to do catcher chocobo again for Tidus.
You basically have to bother with lulu because of the 200 lightning dodge achievement. Unless you mean you won't bother with the achievements in which case that's fine then.
I’d have to bother with catcher chocobo as well for the achievement. I have multiple save files so it comes down if I really want those achievements that badly. This was a game I loved when I first played it, almost ruined my love for it when I did catcher chocobo on PS4, so it will come down to how stubborn I get one day lol.
ChinDocta
1,115,725
ChinDocta
Posted on 17 May 19 at 07:29
SlipKnoT 008 said:
ChinDocta said:
SlipKnoT 008 said:
I’m not bothering with Kimahri and Lulu. I got the weapons but that’s as far as I’ll go. I have Auron, Rikku and Yuna fully powered. I’ll do Wakka as well but the debate remains in if I really want to do catcher chocobo again for Tidus.
You basically have to bother with lulu because of the 200 lightning dodge achievement. Unless you mean you won't bother with the achievements in which case that's fine then.
I’d have to bother with catcher chocobo as well for the achievement. I have multiple save files so it comes down if I really want those achievements that badly. This was a game I loved when I first played it, almost ruined my love for it when I did catcher chocobo on PS4, so it will come down to how stubborn I get one day lol.
Yeh fair enough, I've never had an issue with Catcher Chocobo, this one took me the longest at like 54 minutes to get.
GI Flagging Manager
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.