Game Discussion: Microsoft Jackpot (Win 8) Forum

Frozen Screen On Wild Ocean - Need Help Please!

AuthorMessage
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 09 May 19 at 10:33
I feel as though I've just got screwed over on this turd as I've been at this game for months to try and get it completed before the servers shut, but it seems as though a setback always delays me. And this one is just the icing on the cake. Now I'm stuck and I need some help.

I only have 2 achievements left on this piece of shit...

Microsoft Jackpot (Win 8)Ocean's 10The Ocean's 10 achievement in Microsoft Jackpot (Win 8) worth 52 pointsGet 10 or more wilds during a single free spin in Wild Ocean

And...

Microsoft Jackpot (Win 8)Sky's the LimitThe Sky's the Limit achievement in Microsoft Jackpot (Win 8) worth 40 pointsUnlock all bet amounts

Obviously, I'd like to get Ocean's 10 First, so I've been going into the Wild Ocean to get the most of my money.

Now I've been trying to do the glitch where you wait to get the 3 Turtles, rapidly click on "Max Bet" and hope that your Bet is at it's maximum, before you go into the Turtle Mini-Game.

Last night, I went in with a 30,000 Max Bet since I'm currently Level 49. I had a pop-up as usual saying "You will watch an Advert unless you Pay". And here is where I decided to close down the game. Because I was thinking of grabbing the Saved Data, and try and glitch around to hopefully get more money to stay in the Mini-Game, get the Ocean 10 achievement and build up some cash.

I logged onto the game this morning and clicked Wild Ocean. I'm now frozen and stuck. I get placed in the Mini-Game left the game with, but all my 10 Free Spins have been taken away. And when I Tick or Un-Tick FastPlay, nothing happens. I've tried the following...

Restart the Wild Ocean Theme
Restart the Game
Restart the Laptop
Fast Forward the Clock to get 750 Coins for Watching the Ad
Played in a different location (Sweet Riches), waited to get the Mini-Game, got the pop-up asking "You will watch an Advert unless you Pay" etc.

None of the above worked. I still have the issue where I go into Wild Ocean and it's frozen on me.

I'm in a desperate need of help and need to ask what would you suggest to me by next step, since I'm running out of time?

Since I'm Level 49, I'm assuming my best outcome would be to get to Level 70, then delete the data and start again for the Ocean 10 and hope for the best.

But if anyone could give me some suggestions or advice, I'd be greatly appreciated. I'd just want to get this shit done now. It's taken most of my life and I want my freedom from it with 200G Completion before the servers shut.
Johnny Sinister
Posted on 09 May 19 at 12:35
I am in the same boat. I tried the backing out trick ONE time and it locked up my board.

I am at level 48, but I don't know if it is worth trying to grind to level 70 without the ocean trick.

I have done some research as well and it looks like I am going to have to delete my save and start over.

I will probably have to find a second device and use the backup save trick to finish the game, as there is only about a month left before the game is scheduled to shut down.
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 09 May 19 at 14:21
Johnny Sinister said:
I am in the same boat. I tried the backing out trick ONE time and it locked up my board.

I am at level 48, but I don't know if it is worth trying to grind to level 70 without the ocean trick.

I have done some research as well and it looks like I am going to have to delete my save and start over.

I will probably have to find a second device and use the backup save trick to finish the game, as there is only about a month left before the game is scheduled to shut down.
I think it's just awful that the game is left in the condition as it is. From our point of views, I suppose we have no choice, but to get to Level 70 first, then we'll just have to find a way to sort out our Save Data and hope we get lucky with the achievement when we decide to go back for it, once the issue has been fixed.
Darth James O
Darth James O
Posted on 13 May 19 at 11:44
Have you tried resetting the game? App settings - reset. I did this when I'd changed the date so many times I couldn't get the free spins anymore and it worked.
Johnny Sinister
Posted on 13 May 19 at 12:52
Darth James O said:
Have you tried resetting the game? App settings - reset. I did this when I'd changed the date so many times I couldn't get the free spins anymore and it worked.
I will give this a try. Can't hurt it any worse I suppose. I have to travel for work at the beginning on June and won't have a chance to play it again before servers go off. If I hope to get this done, it will have to be in the next couple of weeks.
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 14 May 19 at 19:47
Darth James O said:
Johnny Sinister said:
Darth James O said:
I will give this a try. Can't hurt it any worse I suppose. I have to travel for work at the beginning on June and won't have a chance to play it again before servers go off. If I hope to get this done, it will have to be in the next couple of weeks.
I think I did the above, and it did nothing for me. Might try it again though, just in case at some point.
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 14 May 19 at 21:16
Update

Alright, so I went into "Apps & Features", searched for "Microsoft Jackpot", clicked "Advanced Options" and clicked on "Reset" and done this 3 times.

I reloaded the App and I got this message...

Your local coin balance has been sync'd with the cloud.

A session of Microsoft Jackpot played on another device has changed your coin balance. The coin balance on this device has been updated to reflect that session. xxxx Coins have been added from your local balance/

Never played it on any other device. I own 1x Windows 10 Surface Pro 4.

Clicked on Wild Ocean. Still got the same problem in which it's still Frozen on my screen and can't continue.

This is Bullshit.
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 15 May 19 at 21:01, Edited on 15 May 19 at 22:40 by BulgyDragonZord
I'm in a huge debate. Was wondering what everyone's input would be as I'm running out of time.

As of now, I still cannot gain access to the Wild Ocean Theme area.

Yesterday at the time of writing, I tried the "Treasure Of The Ancients", see if I can do the glitch that gives you the "Max Bet", before you go into the Mini-Game. After multiple attempts, I didn't have any success at all. Making me think it's close to impossible to do the glitch in that area.

I've not tried "Jackpots Are Forever" though.

The next recommended location is "Sweet Riches" for the glitch to get the "Max Bet", before the Mini-Game begins. Now I've been trying to do this again. But hitting that Max Bet button is not easy, since the Cakes needed to get to the Mini-Game appear randomly. So far I've never had a "Max Bet" chance in succeeding to do the glitch in this area.

Now what would you do in my boots?

1. Continue using Sweet Riches and hope I can get the Max Bet Glitch to get the Money up to Level 70???

2. Un-Ininstall the App, re-download it. Load it up and see if it fixes the Wild Ocean Theme (risk of losing data)???

3. Delete my Saved Data, start all over again and hope to be able to play the Wild Ocean Theme and use the Glitch to get me to Level 70 and unlock the Ocean 10 achievement as well???

I have to do Option 3 at some point to get the Ocean 10 Achievement anyway.

I'm currently Level 49. Close to Level 50.

I apologise I keep rambling on about this game. I'm in a panic mode as the clock is running out and the game has screwed me over mulitple times already. Many thanks for your help in this matter.

EDIT: I just tried Option 2, which is Un-Installing the game, re-download and let it re-install. I loaded the game and I still had Wild Ocean Theme unlocked. I clicked it and it's still giving me the issue where my screen has been frozen completely.
Darth James O
Darth James O
Posted on 16 May 19 at 08:28
Sorry that resetting didn't work for you. I'd go for option 1 personally. How much do you have in your bank? How much can you level up legitimately?
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 16 May 19 at 21:57
Darth James O said:
Sorry that resetting didn't work for you. I'd go for option 1 personally. How much do you have in your bank? How much can you level up legitimately?
Eh! I've just spent a couple hours on this, and I found out the situation is much worse than I imagined.

Basically, I went ahead and decided to do "Option 3", which is to attempt to delete the Saved Data and start again. So I opened up the Hidden Folders on my Laptop, went through the account that has the Saved Data and then I went into the Local State Data. I then moved all the ARK & DAT Files to a Back-Up Folder on my Desktop.

Now, here is the newest problem. I launched the game and it still managed to keep my Data, even though I moved it, and still said I was Level 49, with the amount of Coins in hand, Achievements and I'm still, not able to access the Wild Ocean Theme.

I had back-up data from May 8th 2019, so I decided to copy this data and paste it into the Local State Save Folder. Launched the game and it discovered I had 2 different Saved Data's. Did I want May 8th or May 16th? I selected the old one and I launched Wild Ocean Theme. Still didn't work as it was still frozen on my screen with the same issue.

It turned out, among all of this, my device is using a Cloud Feature and saving my Data for Microsoft Jackpot as a Back-up. Because this is in hand, it seems as though I cannot revert my Game Data back to a former state, for a chance in getting the Wild Ocean Theme to work and play again.

I've just spent over an hour, trying to figure out a way to access this data within a Cloud, but I'm kind of going through a Forest with no directions, as I easily became a Lost Duck.

This pretty much, overall means that I still have an opportunity for now to get to Level 70, using the remaining Areas I can access. Have to really hope Sweet Riches is a possibility. But... unless I can find a way to revert my data back to the old way, and give myself access to the Wild Ocean Theme... I may "not" be able to get this achievement permanamently...

Microsoft Jackpot (Win 8)Ocean's 10The Ocean's 10 achievement in Microsoft Jackpot (Win 8) worth 52 pointsGet 10 or more wilds during a single free spin in Wild Ocean

As for your thoughts Darth James O. I am still Level 49. I've only gone up about half of the Bar in 3 Days. It's because I'm putting in the lowest Bet of 20. My current Coins is around 10,000.

The Mini-Game itself I believe can give you a decent chunk of Coins, but unlike the other Areas, the 3 Cakes used to access the Mini-Game appear randomly and you hear the Train Tune Sound, indiciating your going to go and play it, giving you a very short amount of time to click on the "Max Bet" Button.

I've been trying to do the Glitch you can do on the Wild Ocean Theme, on the Sweet Riches for 3 Days, and I've had No Joy. This is probably my fault as I'm trying to multi-task with other jobs whilst I'm letting the game play away in a idle mode. Since it's sooo... boring. It's easy to say, I'm starting to get doubt on this game all-together.

If anyone can give me anymore advice on this game, I'll be greatly appreciated. But I reckon I'm about to make an acception that this game has screwed me about and it's a possibility I won't be able to get the full 200G Completion.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.